onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Match Thread: Port Vale v Colchester Utd

Fosse69

Generally I don't see a lack of effort from Vale players and haven't all season. However, I do see a lack of quality in numerous areas and I also see a good deal of inconsistency which isn't unusual in L2. It will take time and investment to sort these issues, especially investment but it has to be wisely done, we all saw the results of expensive hare brained schemes last season.

Lots of our current squad must know they don't have much of a future at Vale Park even if no one's said as much to them and this just adds to Aspo's problems in keeping everyone motivated.

Sent from my [device_name] using the http://onevalefan mobile app

Advert

Hard to win football games when you gift a team 2 goals like Vale did yesterday. The less said about the goals the better but a look at the highlights makes one shudder with disbelief.....again.

Stand out performance from David Worrall....again, the guy has skill and is everywhere, the Energizer Bunny can't compete with him.

For me Michael Tonge is the most under valued and under rated player in the team, he dictates the play, always available, the best dead ball kicker in the club and puts a foot in. For people who say his legs are gone take a look at the highlights, he gets around the field. Years ago fans used to get on at Peter Farrell in the same way.

Wait until you see who replaced them before you get too excited.

You always seem in EVERY post you now make that you are totally anti smurf anti aspin,well anti everything really,in fact i rarely see you post anything positive....in my mind i know the reason but its pointless dragging the past up again but sometimes people have to get over it and try to find positives.

Here is one for you in answer to what you put,the majority of the squad i wouldn't lose sleep over leaving when their contracts are up,now so far i think Aspin has got 4 in Wilson(i am not convinced he is his signing as we wanted him when Brown was here),Angus(Aspin has said he is one for the future),Jules(was poor yesterday but i think thats his first game after a bad injury so its hard to judge on that),Regis(the games he has played people have said he stood out but an obvious attitude problem isn't helping him),Hannant if yesterday was anything to go on he will be decent...so going off that i am confident that Aspin will bring in better that what Brown did...

You always seem in EVERY post you now make that you are totally anti smurf anti aspin,well anti everything really,in fact i rarely see you post anything positive....in my mind i know the reason but its pointless dragging the past up again but sometimes people have to get over it and try to find positives.

Here is one for you in answer to what you put,the majority of the squad i wouldn't lose sleep over leaving when their contracts are up,now so far i think Aspin has got 4 in Wilson(i am not convinced he is his signing as we wanted him when Brown was here),Angus(Aspin has said he is one for the future),Jules(was poor yesterday but i think thats his first game after a bad injury so its hard to judge on that),Regis(the games he has played people have said he stood out but an obvious attitude problem isn't helping him),Hannant if yesterday was anything to go on he will be decent...so going off that i am confident that Aspin will bring in better that what Brown did...

:clap::clap::clap::clap:

same bile on every post on every thread. Negative anti club twoddle.

Really?

Chesterfield already beaten us this season and did the double over us last season

Barnet drew against us at our ground

FGR have beaten us and drawn to us this season

Morecombe.....let’s see after next Saturday.

whats losing to Chesterfield last year got to do with anything? Different manager and players

I have no issues with Aspo at all, I liked watching him play and he is doing well without support from above.

no support apart from signing 4 players and trimming his squad by paying up some of the dead wood. Luton have signed no one and they are top would you say their manager has zero support from above then?.

Well that wasnt great was it? We looked a very poor imitation oF the side who played against Luton.

EASy to say with hindsight, but Aspin got the team badly wrong. To play with wing-backs, they need to be incredibly hard working, look at Valencia at Man Utd. What we have is Monty, a guy who doesn't deliver in his normal positions. It was 15 mins in before he touched the ball yesterday.

Jules looked terrible first half, defended better in the 2nd half but really is poor on the ball for a professional footballer. Wilson well... I can't actually remember Wilson doing anything, absolutely anonymous. I thought Hannatt was ok; the game passed him by a bit first half given the amount of time the ball was in the air but more involved 2nd half.

we are now in a real pickle regarding the goalkeeping situation. I didn't think Boot had done too much wrong but was prepared to give Lainton the benefit of the doubt for his experience. However, the guy seems to be made of glass. I felt worried that he would pull up after every single goal kick. I was half expecting that he would injur himself after our 3rd sub had been made it was that sort of day. Should have done better with both goals IMO. So what does Aspin do now? Personally, I'd reinstate Boot although it will destroy Laintons confidence.

My team for next game at Swindon would be

Boot

Pugh-Anderson-Smith-Davis

Worrall-Hannatt-Kay-Gibbons

Whitfield- Pope

We have a truly appalling record at Swindle and is a place we can't afford any passengers. I though Davis was incredibly unfortunate to get dropped and Gibbons is more than capable of playing in front of him and will get back to cover him.

I'd agree about Davis and I'd probably look at a similar side.

Jules debut reminded me of Clayton Fotune-West who had a dreadful first half on debut. Fortune-West became a good player for us in 2 loan spells. He was pretty awful for all his other clubs.

Maybe if we get a very rich backer in we can dig up Vale park and get a surface which will benefit us .

Im sure i read our pitch is the most energy sapping in all the league .

Not that im making any excuses up for our performances this year they havent being anywhere near good enough but i think they will improve once we find the right partner for Pope .

I will give Wilson time but i will say this to him u need work a lot harder than you did yesterday to make a good living out the game .

Talent is just not enough u have to do the chasing the players and defend from the front yesterday Worrall and Hannant showed great desire chasing everyone and everything .

Would i drop him No id stick him in again but be banging into his skull all week about workrate desire and committment .

Yesterday we carried a few passengers the last how ever many games we cannot have one player playing poorly we expect average at the bare minimum .

UTV

no support apart from signing 4 players and trimming his squad by paying up some of the dead wood. Luton have signed no one and they are top would you say their manager has zero support from above then?.

Luton don't need signings. We do.

4 players who cost him naff all.

Archived