onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Zak Jules

j_grainger10

Advert

We're now loaning players off Shrewsbury !! Oh My how time's have changed .

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk

We are also loaning off little Burton Albion too.....the reason is that they and Shrewsbury have improved massively and have players that would be useful to us.

Were we loaning of Blackburn or Wigan it wouldn't be an issue but because it is Shrewsbury it is ?

here we go again moan moan moan
Not at all just stating that it worries me that at the moment we are only gambling on the cheap option of non league players when it's obvious that we need a few bits of quality too but Aspo said yesterday he realises that too but will have wait til summer get anyone decent in when contracts run out by the sound of it.

Sent from my [device_name] using the http://onevalefan mobile app

I don’t know anything about this lad so I don’t have an opinion about him personally. But, we don’t need another centre back, we do however desperately need a left back!!

If Smith or Anderson are unavailable, there’s Davis or if desperate Kay.

We have no left back. Kelly clearly isn’t favoured by Aspin and Pugh is awful.

Can Jules play left back as well?

Not really a case of moaning mate. It's just so deflating, at how since the days of Bell we've always ended up with owners who just either don't have the finance or arnt ambitious enough to spend it.

How many clubs with similar fan bases have passed us. Even some reaching the Prem. We now even have clubs with less gates achieving far more with more ambitious owners.

Is it wrong to want that and be sick and tired of being run like a pound shop.

If other clubs can get massive investment. What can't Vale.

Investment alone doesnt make clubs grow, anyone can throw money at things and get it horribley wrong. Circumstances dont suit for us like other clubs. Bournemouth have a billionaire fan who has bank rolled them Swansea the same but for everyone of those theres a team in the non league that went the other way Stockport, Hereford, Coventry, York, hartlepool, Darlington,Wrexham, Tranmere, Leyton orient, Chester have all had massive falls from grace and in most cases investment wasnt the issue, bad management on the pitch and off it were.

At this point we have to be realistic, we arent going down and we arent going up. Spending money now is wasting money, because whats available now may be surplus when the masses are available in the summer.Its not flash but the realistic truth of the situation. Personally i even as a fan i was norman now i wouldnt pump money in. He doesnt have endless money to waste so you box clever with what you spend. Spend now and its wasted spend in the summer and its going to see results good or bad. Aspin and rudge are talking in a similar vein when interviewed that the summer is going to be time to do the deals and get what they need.

realistically Smurf could spend 500k we could take 2 months to gel as a team and finish 10th. crowds wouldnt go up, income wouldnt increase and in the summer players we paid a fee for would look like bad business because we could of got a player of the same standard for nothing and afford 8 good players not 3 in January. Chelsea have billions and cant find anyone to sell them a decent striker if it available in Jan its likely not worht having. We patch up the holes and get through to the summer. Then you overhaul the squad. Not pretty but the truth

Not at all just stating that it worries me that at the moment we are only gambling on the cheap option of non league players when it's obvious that we need a few bits of quality too but Aspo said yesterday he realises that too but will have wait til summer get anyone decent in when contracts run out by the sound of it.

Do not feed the troll

Investment alone doesnt make clubs grow, anyone can throw money at things and get it horribley wrong. Circumstances dont suit for us like other clubs. Bournemouth have a billionaire fan who has bank rolled them Swansea the same but for everyone of those theres a team in the non league that went the other way Stockport, Hereford, Coventry, York, hartlepool, Darlington,Wrexham, Tranmere, Leyton orient, Chester have all had massive falls from grace and in most cases investment wasnt the issue, bad management on the pitch and off it were.

At this point we have to be realistic, we arent going down and we arent going up. Spending money now is wasting money, because whats available now may be surplus when the masses are available in the summer.Its not flash but the realistic truth of the situation. Personally i even as a fan i was norman now i wouldnt pump money in. He doesnt have endless money to waste so you box clever with what you spend. Spend now and its wasted spend in the summer and its going to see results good or bad. Aspin and rudge are talking in a similar vein when interviewed that the summer is going to be time to do the deals and get what they need.

realistically Smurf could spend 500k we could take 2 months to gel as a team and finish 10th. crowds wouldnt go up, income wouldnt increase and in the summer players we paid a fee for would look like bad business because we could of got a player of the same standard for nothing and afford 8 good players not 3 in January. Chelsea have billions and cant find anyone to sell them a decent striker if it available in Jan its likely not worht having. We patch up the holes and get through to the summer. Then you overhaul the squad. Not pretty but the truth

Excellent post. Very accurate description of where we’re currently at.

Sent from my iPhone using the onevalefan mobile app

I like your absolute confidence that we are not going down. Win tomorrow and you are probably right but lose and we are looking at a run of bad results. We seem to be buying some cheap wool to knit a jumper for next season while we have given away our slightly worn but OK jumper when we still needed it this winter because it required a bit of maintenance.

I like your absolute confidence that we are not going down. Win tomorrow and you are probably right but lose and we are looking at a run of bad results. We seem to be buying some cheap wool to knit a jumper for next season while we have given away our slightly worn but OK jumper when we still needed it this winter because it required a bit of maintenance.

Here he is again banging on about Gunning!

Sent from my iPhone using the onevalefan mobile app

Just looked at the Chesterfield forum to see what their fans thought of him when he was on loan. Nothing but praise, saying he had a great future and at a higher level than they were at. Recent posts on there saying they wanted Lester to re-sign him.

He was probably Chesterfield's best defender during his 6 games there. He also plays left back or as a left sided centre half. There's no reason this shouldn't be a good signing if it comes off. Aspin does seem to like at least one of his full backs to be predominantly a defender so I suspect he may well play fullback.

I don’t know anything about this lad so I don’t have an opinion about him personally. But, we don’t need another centre back, we do however desperately need a left back!!

If Smith or Anderson are unavailable, there’s Davis or if desperate Kay.

We have no left back. Kelly clearly isn’t favoured by Aspin and Pugh is awful.

Can Jules play left back as well?

Left footed and can according to his profile.

Archived