onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Zak Jules

j_grainger10

Does anyone know if this lad is actually any good? If he is why are Shrewsbury willing to let him go? It's not like they're Barcelona.

I trust Aspo and Rudge but he seems an odd target to me.

To be honest, I've lost any hope for our version of 'big spending' this Jan, & it may seem an odd target but if you think about the likelihood of us spending any sort of money, & our position in the league, bringing a player from a top L1 club isn't that odd (regardless of how much they've played etc).

Aspo has acknowledged the fact we need some experience & not just youngsters/non league chancers, but it is probably more likely to be in the summer I think now.

I can't imagine we'll sign more than one or two more after Angus, Wilson, Hannant & Jules.

Advert

We have let better players go. Really worrying that we have let Gunning go, openly over money and then replace him with a loan deal who has already been injured!

Gav Gunning moves around. It's what he does.

If he'd stayed until the end of the season he'd have wanted a testimonial.

What do people expect us to buy in January. The only loan players available will be those not in consideration for a clubs starting eleven. Invariably that will be experienced players at the end of their careers or young up and coming players looking for game time. You cannot judge this lad when he has suffered a major injury and now needs time on the pitch. Are Shrewsbury going to take the risk in their position, I would suggest that they are going along nicely thank you very much.

We have let better players go. Really worrying that we have let Gunning go, openly over money and then replace him with a loan deal who has already been injured!
So you're saying we should have paid what the club considered over the odds for an, at best, league 2 player? Money is clearly available for aspo to get players in. I don't get this carping over gunning. Yes he was OK but that's it. Certainly no better than smith nor Anderson.

Sent from my [device_name] using the http://onevalefan mobile app

We're now loaning players off Shrewsbury !! Oh My how time's have changed .

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk

Exactly my thoughts.

Our league status has declined so much that we have to be humbled by loaning from Shrewsbury.

The damage has been done, but now the Vale are on the way back upwards towards better times under the guidence of Aspin and Rudge.

What do people expect us to buy in January. The only loan players available will be those not in consideration for a clubs starting eleven. Invariably that will be experienced players at the end of their careers or young up and coming players looking for game time. You cannot judge this lad when he has suffered a major injury and now needs time on the pitch. Are Shrewsbury going to take the risk in their position, I would suggest that they are going along nicely thank you very much.

exactly the common sense on this forum unfortunately isnt that common anymore. You see premier league sides with hundreds of millions in the bank struggling to buy the right players because its january and teams dont want to let them go, yet port vale should be out there throwing money around and getting whoever we like. Laughable and shows the lack of understanding of the modern game our fans have.

We are lucky if we get anyone in January because if they are a decent player clubs wont let them leave mid season. Keep Aspin himself said hes more focused on the summer because he can get what he needs then.The chairman said he would support Aspin and hes signed 4 players potentially, the chairman didnt say hes going to spend millions and bank roll us to league 2. Bear in mind too that there will be sides in our division who sign no one.

Again very underwhelming given Smurf said he would back the manager in Janruary, I trust Aspo's eye for a player but it's difficult when the chairman bankroll's you to shop in pound shops....

Are you an EastEnders fan? Your consistent whinging and moaning is very much of the genre of depression that is the hallmark of that show.

Cheer up for God's sake and get behind the Club. Leave the worrying to the manager who almost everyone who is a Valiant backs to the hilt.

So you're saying we should have paid what the club considered over the odds for an, at best, league 2 player? Money is clearly available for aspo to get players in. I don't get this carping over gunning. Yes he was OK but that's it. Certainly no better than smith nor Anderson.

Also if we are believe the rumours, Gunning wanted a 2 year deal and Aspin/ Rudge / Smurf didnt want to offer that. Fair play he wasnt waht we needed for two years, he was a sqaure peg in a round hole at left back with 3-4 good games to his name not a solid left back performing consistently

here we go again moan moan moan
Not really a case of moaning mate. It's just so deflating, at how since the days of Bell we've always ended up with owners who just either don't have the finance or arnt ambitious enough to spend it.

How many clubs with similar fan bases have passed us. Even some reaching the Prem. We now even have clubs with less gates achieving far more with more ambitious owners.

Is it wrong to want that and be sick and tired of being run like a pound shop.

If other clubs can get massive investment. What can't Vale.

Archived