onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Anyone on here know Andy Proctor

darren1810

Advert

Hope you are feeling better Andy and not offended I posted the thread.

I have seen you on the other site and was disturbed by what you wrote. A very good friend of mine took his own life on Christmas day 2011. Never sought help or spoke to anybody yet there were 150 of us at his funeral who he could of spoke with.

If you are suffering just speak with someone is the first step. We all have dark times and deal with things differently.

People do care mate the posts on this thread prove that.

Hopefully vale can put a smile on your face later and things will look up for you

Take care pal, up the Vale.

I need get back to work get myself out the house as I have had pretty much 2 weeks off doing nothing making me bored and do stupid things like ring babestation and order takeaways all the time I need help saving money and I need help finding things to do that don't cost much and arnt stupid things like ringing babestation.

As a fellow Valiant, mate I honestly wish you well. There are many others probably in your position and although that's no comfort to you personally I hope you find the courage, conviction and upbeat of life to enable you to slowly get together again and start to enjoy matters.

There are surely organisations/friends out there who may read your plight and give assistance, I truly hope so.

All the very best pal.

There are a couple of people on here who kindly texed you or tried you on Facebook I believe, lot of people were concerned.

I won't claim to have any answers but a problem shared is a problem halved.

Just ring a mate for a chat I'm sure they'll listen even if they don't have the answers.

Who am I meant speak too? Doctors are a waste of time just gave me tablets before that were no good for me. Also one of the jobs I had in the past sacked me due to being off work ill alot being depressed and losing my temper alot of the time.

Andrew go back to your doctor tell them just as you have said here.Tell them that you put a msg out on social media saying what you did.Tell them you have had tablets before they will then try something else.The hardest step is the first.You have now started to take that first step. Complete that first step phone your doctor NOW tell them you need an appointment ASAP (tomorrow)

What Melv said. Ask for another doctor if you really don't like your current one but you definitely need some help. I would ask to be referred on for some counselling. It'll probably be CBT, which isn't ideal, but it's better than nothing and, IMO, is a better way of helping you stand on your own two feet than fluoxetine or citalopram. I'm not particularly familiar with services available in S-o-T/ N-u-L regarding debt and financial advice, especially since the CAB has been decimated, but I'm sure someone on here can advise. I'm really glad you're ok and think Darren1810 definitely did the right thing by starting the thread.

Also, Babestation?! Get with the programme Grandad! There are loads of sites online where you can milk your dinkle without ringing premium rate phonelines. Apparently.

What Melv said. Ask for another doctor if you really don't like your current one but you definitely need some help. I would ask to be referred on for some counselling. It'll probably be CBT, which isn't ideal, but it's better than nothing and, IMO, is a better way of helping you stand on your own two feet than fluoxetine or citalopram. I'm not particularly familiar with services available in S-o-T/ N-u-L regarding debt and financial advice, especially since the CAB has been decimated, but I'm sure someone on here can advise. I'm really glad you're ok and think Darren1810 definitely did the right thing by starting the thread.

Also, Babestation?! Get with the programme Grandad! There are loads of sites online where you can milk your dinkle without ringing premium rate phonelines. Apparently.

Another good and helpful post.Idealy ditch the pills get them to get someone to talk to you.You are low on self confidence.Your doctor WILL be able to arrange such a meeting where you can sit down have a chat in confidence.Then you need to tell your full story to them.Break your heart out to them.Dont worry they are fully trained and know what to do.Tell them in full,let it all out.It will be better for you.They will do things with you that will boost your confidence and that is what is needed.Do it tomorrow,enjoy today's game.Maybe phone today to get your appointment at the doctors tomorrow.Go on Andrew complete that first step and you WILL winThen it's Happy days.

Just to add, in case it seems a little daunting, you will only need to say as much as you feel like at your meetings with any counsellor. There's no onus on you to bare your soul if you're not the kind of person who feels comfortable doing that. Obviously, you will only get as much out as you want to put in but please don't feel that it will be a hugely traumatic process. I've undergone counselling (and actually trained to be a counsellor, although not in CBT) and I only talked about as much as I wanted to, especially in my first few sessions. But, yeah, as Melv said, go for it.

Hi Andy,

YOU ARE NOT ALONE, Don't know you but fully aware of where you are at, I had a close family member who had drink problems which led to the taking of tablets ending up in hospital from there help was given, I never fully understood the need for this person drinking in excess and the problems it caused but in time it became clear the driving force behind it - it was a call for help and rather than showing as a weakness I became proud at how strong this person was just needed help with dealing with it- I'm glad to say after years of issues the booze was conquered the proudest of proud moments -

Credit to Daz for the thread and to you for being open that shows you are man with courage something to build on .

I'm no professional just an ordinary bloke who understands where you at- you are not alone

Just to add, in case it seems a little daunting, you will only need to say as much as you feel like at your meetings with any counsellor. There's no onus on you to bare your soul if you're not the kind of person who feels comfortable doing that. Obviously, you will only get as much out as you want to put in but please don't feel that it will be a hugely traumatic process. I've undergone counselling (and actually trained to be a counsellor, although not in CBT) and I only talked about as much as I wanted to, especially in my first few sessions. But, yeah, as Melv said, go for it.

Just telling them what you have said on here- ON AN OPEN FORUM.Will be a huge help.If you can say it here you can say it to someone who knows what they are doing.Is trained to listen and has the proper skills and advice.

Something else that WILL BE a big help.When you get back to work have a discreet word with you boss,line manager.Ask to have a quiet,personal,private conversation with them.Explain what is happening then get them to get you to see someone from the HR department.This could be a big help and you will have less to worry about job wise.They will to an extent have a duty of care.Plus it could save you your job and you will be earning money and have the job to go to which will get you out of the house and keep you occupied

I was in a dark place this time last year.

I went to MIND in hanley. They do an assessment over the phone so you get some benefits of the service straight away.

The lady I saw there was amazing. It really is incredible how simple stuff can help you. It was all about managing the thoughts I was having and taking a step back.

I recommend that to you mate. Whether you go or not I wish you all the best for sure.

Indeed YOU ARE NOT ALONE Andy. That all sounds very familiar. Pills and shrinks didn't help me much but every case is different. Making "to do" lists and sticking to them did. But that is just me. Keep knocking on doors until you get someone to take the problem seriously. They do exist. And that in itself is a help.

On a side note, most psychologists are attractive young ladies. Nothing inappropriate, just an observation.

Archived