onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Match Thread: Port Vale v Luton Town

Fosse69

Advert

So about 1000 of them we got about 5400 on Boxing day home fans so about hopefully with some nosey and interested stayaways and newcomers should be 7000 minimum i hope .

If there isnt u have to wonder why .

We playing well and we r fighting and competing for everything .

Them extra numbers could make such a difference .

Hope the game is selling in home ends

Sent from my [device_name] using the http://onevalefan mobile app

Wow, you would think we are playing Barcelona, by some of the posts on here...

But I have a question, not having followed Luton very closely;

Have they spent a s... load? Spent wisely? Spent lucky?

Simply asking, as I'm wondering how they seem to have become the Man City of League 2 all of a sudden :smile:

I am reminded of a quote by John McGrath who once said "They think they are coming here for a picnic....Well it's our job to kick the flask over and stamp on their sandwiches"

They are obviously a very good side but they wont go through the rest of the season unbeaten,so why not us to give them a bloody nose ?

I am reminded of a quote by John McGrath who once said "They think they are coming here for a picnic....Well it's our job to kick the flask over and stamp on their sandwiches"

They are obviously a very good side but they wont go through the rest of the season unbeaten,so why not us to give them a bloody nose ?

I think the side he was referring to was Chester who were celebrating promotion. How times have changed. Soon I'm hoping it'll be our turn to celebrate.

After the Cambridge win, I said I'd be happy to be 3rd bottom following the Notts game.

Taking 7 points has been a magnificent achievement.

These next two games are a shot to nothing.

I'm relaxed and plan to enjoy the games.

A pretty unusual experience.

Luton have always been a well supported club but have sold one or two players in recent years, found themselves a superb manager and have indeed splashed the cash on several quality players.

Anything we get today is a bonus. My fear is that we don't score enough goals and will probably need to today because they are so prolific. The first goal will be vital. The are having an amazing season but are beatable if everyone plays to their best ability. We need 9-10 lads to turn up today. 4-5 won't be remotely good enough. But it's a great challenge for Aspin and the team and as long as they give 100% and do their best I won't grumble. Looking forward to it.

Any news on Whitfield?

Nothing to be found, either on his twitter account or elsewhere. Can't think we haven't heard by now, two days before his loan finishes, so either Vale are saving the good news until just before the game or keeping the bad news until afterwards. Hope it's not his last game.

Wow, you would think we are playing Barcelona, by some of the posts on here...

But I have a question, not having followed Luton very closely;

Have they spent a s... load? Spent wisely? Spent lucky?

Simply asking, as I'm wondering how they seem to have become the Man City of League 2 all of a sudden :smile:

It looks like they've spent a lot but the fees are undisclosed, so we're left guessing. Transfermarkt lists all their dealings and estimates it to be £1.71m.

https://www.transfermarkt.co.uk/luton-town/transfers/verein/1031

It's still 11 v 11, so the Vale free transfers, loans and youth players may still give them a nasty shock. :smile:

Archived