onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

The Stoke City Topic Thread: Relegation? Staying up? Manager? Empty seats

Pheonix Vale

Be interesting to see the attendance, not tickets sold which they keep publishing.

Just 2 more relegations and they are back where they belong.

The empty seats in that area of the ground are the Family Stand, always empty seats dotted around. The empty seats next to the Burnley fans were due to them returning 800 tickets at the start of last week.

Be interesting to see how our crowds hold up, I've heard from someone in the club we've sold just under 20,000 season tickets which is around 4,000 down on this season. Getting the actual figure from the club is like getting blood out of a stone though.

Advert

The empty seats in that area of the ground are the Family Stand, always empty seats dotted around. The empty seats next to the Burnley fans were due to them returning 800 tickets at the start of last week.

Be interesting to see how our crowds hold up, I've heard from someone in the club we've sold just under 20,000 season tickets which is around 4,000 down on this season. Getting the actual figure from the club is like getting blood out of a stone though.

Chance of a bonus as well, 23 games for the price of 19?:smile:

Chance of a bonus as well, 23 games for the price of 19?:smile:

I have no issues with the Championship mate and my kids are made up as I've been able to get them their first season tickets.

If we regroup and challenge for promotion it could be the best thing that could have happened to us as we've gone massively stale. If it goes the other way, like Sunderland (which I can't see in fairness) or arguably the most likely scenario of a Norwich/Villa/Derby where it takes 2/3 seasons to get back on track then be interesting to see if those who bought season tickets on the back of us getting promoted stick around.

But ultimately if you're an also ran in the Premier League it can be a pretty dull league. I don't want us to go down obviously but I certainly won't be as distraught as some if we do.

You just have to take the rough with the smooth don't you? It's all part of the unwritten contract of being a football fan.

The Stoke fans I know are all philosophical about it all, like you are. After all, this is all water off a duck's back for anyone who was there during the Mills / Ball era or that farcical Bates / Kamara / Durban season.

The big plus for Stoke is that they won't need to use their parachute payments to service debt unlike other clubs that have been relegated.

I have no issues with the Championship mate and my kids are made up as I've been able to get them their first season tickets.

If we regroup and challenge for promotion it could be the best thing that could have happened to us as we've gone massively stale. If it goes the other way, like Sunderland (which I can't see in fairness) or arguably the most likely scenario of a Norwich/Villa/Derby where it takes 2/3 seasons to get back on track then be interesting to see if those who bought season tickets on the back of us getting promoted stick around.

But ultimately if you're an also ran in the Premier League it can be a pretty dull league. I don't want us to go down obviously but I certainly won't be as distraught as some if we do.

The ups and downs of football, the East Midlands has lots and the occasional miracle. Can only see the Prem getting worse, apart from the elite a matter of enjoying the spell there. The longer the spell the harder the fall.

There might be more "disappointment" to come.

What happens when some Premier teams get relegated. Yep some go back up. And some get relegated again and into admin. Don't think the latter will happen but ... guess we'll be playing them in a couple of seasons. :razz:

You just have to take the rough with the smooth don't you? It's all part of the unwritten contract of being a football fan.

The Stoke fans I know are all philosophical about it all, like you are. After all, this is all water off a duck's back for anyone who was there during the Mills / Ball era or that farcical Bates / Kamara / Durban season.

The big plus for Stoke is that they won't need to use their parachute payments to service debt unlike other clubs that have been relegated.

Correct. One things for certain is that aside from the top 6/7 every club will flirt with relegation and eventually meet their maker.

Lets be fair take away the regular spankings by the likes of Man City, Spurs, Liverpool etc, is a home game against Brentford or Norwich any less mouthwatering than one against Swansea or Brighton? Now I've resigned myself to relegation I'm looking forward to some of the away days next season if I'm honest.

Be an interesting few months and how we tackle next season will show if the Coates Family still have the desire to make Stoke a succesful well run club?

There might be more "disappointment" to come.

What happens when some Premier teams get relegated. Yep some go back up. And some get relegated again and into admin. Don't think the latter will happen but ... guess we'll be playing them in a couple of seasons. :razz:

Who knows?

I wouldn't bet on it but who knows?

Will Hughes create some sort of record, getting 2 teams relegated in the same season.

He would be the first Premier League manager to do it.

But Billy McNeill had the honour of beating him in Division one ( prem league ) in the 80's as Man City and Villa both went down in the same season he managed them.

i remember when bradford city were in the premier league and filled in a corner of their ground to accomodate higher gates. that season saw them relegated and the same fate appears to be happening to our neighbours. moral of the story is dunna fill in yer corners if you wish to remain in "the best league in the world."
Didn't Blackpool fill a side in? dropped like a stone, then bounced.

Does this mean stoke wont have to field a youngish english team inc the likes of adams, crouch in the check a trade next season..if they are allowed in it maybe they can give the youthful shawcrock a run out to see if he can progress & make the England squad

Shawcross has possibly the worst international record of any Englishman.

In less than the 20 minutes substitute appearance of his one cap career, he managed to concede a hat trick to the man he was supposedly marking. Okay, it was Ibrahimovic but that’s something to not tell his grand kids about.

Perhaps it was still those “growing pains” of his which Pulis always talked about.

Not quite Bobby Moore was he ?

Archived