onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Matchday Thread: EFLT Port Vale v Crewe Alex

Fosse69

Problem I see is that the prem teams in this competition have the chance to play players who are regular in there premiership squad,the likes of fat Adam for sjoke,they will play a few like that tonight and probably pinch a place in the next round.

Advert

Yes clearly' date=' as I stated his words.[/quote']

Funny, I must have misread the part where you applied those words to everyone that attends these games then.

Has anyone noticed how pants the U21 teams have been in this comp? Perhaps the top clubs will realise that giving their young lads three games in a comp in which they are getting stuffed contributes nowt to their development at all?? Perhaps they will realise that the idea of "B" teams in the league will simply see them stuffed on a weekly basis rather than in the first couple of months of the season?

The problem with these players is that they are holed up in relatively non-competitive football until they are 23 and these clubs are stockpiling them. They are not used to playing in proper competitive games either and as a result you see them in these cup games going through the motions of an u23 game where they look like they are playing a game with no stakes to it. They need to be out on loan to get the experience of what its like to play games that matter, not playing as a team in this competition because it just isn't working IMO.

Will you be pleased when our club is lower down the pyramid than Stoke’s under 16s though in a few years though?

For me the very real worry is more people seem to be accepting this and as they do it will be really easy to wipe out lower league football teams with over 100 years + worth of history.

People are viewing short term gain over the future of the club.

It’s a desperate situation.

Sent from my iPhone using the onevalefan mobile app

Yes those premiership under 21 sides are really showing how good they are. I am not in favour of them being in this competition but you are clearly deluded if you think that them playing in this competion will make them better than the lower league clubs they are playing against. They are struggling against weakened league one and two sides. If anything it must damage the confidence of those premiership youngsters that they cannot compete with weakened sides lower down in the leagues.

I'm pretty happy for the PL Clubs to join the competition as it's pushed the prize money up.

Sometimes it isn't just about money, sometimes there is a principle at stake. The premier league clubs are ruining lower league football with their obscene finances and their attitude of offering scraps from their overloaded bank accounts to clubs like ours in order to keep them sweet.

Just my opinion but ......

Sent from my iPad using the onevalefan mobile app

but you are clearly deluded if you think that them playing in this competion will make them better than the lower league clubs they are playing against.

To be absolutely clear I don’t think that and have never once aired that view. I wish these players nowt but bad luck.

Thats hardly the fans doing rep, they choose to go or not for a myriad of reasons. The tail doesnt wag the dog.

Somethings are more important than a football game mate, you have to see the bigger picture and the damage it entails. By blindly supporting the competition in attending games it’s truly harmful to the future of where we’ve spent most of our history.

Sometimes it isn't just about money, sometimes there is a principle at stake. The premier league clubs are ruining lower league football with their obscene finances and their attitude of offering scraps from their overloaded bank accounts to clubs like ours in order to keep them sweet.

Just my opinion but ......

Sent from my iPad using the onevalefan mobile app

Spot on Bert.

Look at the disgusting way in which the Accy chairman was treated earlier this season by the ‘haves’.

Don’t get why I’m a scab for watching Vale play Crewe. I can sort of get when we play an under23 team but not our locals down the road where there was plenty of chance to abuse Arsetell.

Sent from my iPhone using onevalefan

I didn’t however I’d imagine it’s because you are supporting a club that’s endorsing these clubs and the ruination of lower league football.

Archived