onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Matchday Thread: EFLT Port Vale v Crewe Alex

Fosse69

Good workout before the trip to Newport, keep the shape and bring a few young legs on to relieve some of the older ones. Gives Aspin a chance for little tweaks and assess the challengers for places . As the jigsaw is starting to come together it is essential to maintain winning habits which breeds confidence, so keep up the momentum although we are through to the knock-out stages.

Advert

Am I right in thinking the only result which will see us eliminated is Newcastle kids beat Oldham on penalties and we lose by a couple of goals?

Least interesting game against Crewe but would be nice to make in 6 wins in 8 got confidence.

Maybe start Forrester with Turner, Stobbs and Monty to come in, could keep Boot in goal and give Tonge and Wilson a run out.

Rest key players for Friday although we are short of fit players we need to play a set amount.

Am I right in thinking the only result which will see us eliminated is Newcastle kids beat Oldham on penalties and we lose by a couple of goals?

Least interesting game against Crewe but would be nice to make in 6 wins in 8 got confidence.

Maybe start Forrester with Turner, Stobbs and Monty to come in, could keep Boot in goal and give Tonge and Wilson a run out.

Rest key players for Friday although we are short of fit players we need to play a set amount.

I worked it out that way as well - but we should still try to win. Maybe 3 or 4 changes, a rest for Tom Pope, a game for Davis and Tongue and Stobbs - not much else.

Not sure if Forrester is ready for a full game - it would be tragic if he played in this when not quite ready and got injured again, and is ADF even still at the club ?

I worked it out that way as well - but we should still try to win. Maybe 3 or 4 changes, a rest for Tom Pope, a game for Davis and Tongue and Stobbs - not much else.

Not sure if Forrester is ready for a full game - it would be tragic if he played in this when not quite ready and got injured again, and is ADF even still at the club ?

I think Joe Davis is injured. Id definatly start stobbs as he has been playing well for the reserves and give Yates a rare game again.

It's my opinion. I was surprised he was given another season but less surprised he's not getting game time. We are wasting a wage on him.

I do however think we will win this one.

I think I must be missing some thing here. I really do not care a jot if we loose. It’s the one time having a huge squad will benefit us. Just play the reserves we can not afford to have any injuries to our first team.

This competition is a joke we should try our best to get knocked out long before this.

This competition is the FA blowing more smoke up the premiership clubs arses by providing a competition for their reserves.

Lower league cannon fodder like us just have to play ball.

Most lower league clubs have to (in the laws of the competition) have to play players from their squad of 22 players. We have 34 so let’s use them.

I think I must be missing some thing here. I really do not care a jot if we loose. It’s the one time having a huge squad will benefit us. Just play the reserves we can not afford to have any injuries to our first team.

This competition is a joke we should try our best to get knocked out long before this.

This competition is the FA blowing more smoke up the premiership clubs arses by providing a competition for their reserves.

Lower league cannon fodder like us just have to play ball.

Most lower league clubs have to (in the laws of the competition) have to play players from their squad of 22 players. We have 34 so let’s use them.

I completely agree with you that this competition has been ruined and devalued by greed and self-interest of the big clubs.

Having said that, our glorious owner saw fit to vote for the entry of these academy teams and enter it, and we have fought hard in 2 games to be on the brink of getting through.

Given that the owner has already sold his soul, so to speak, we might as well go for the prize money which is worth having this time (a bribe, but nevertheless it could be useful in January) and play a side that wont let it slip.

Our squad players are good this time - witness the reserves results - and would not weaken the team a lot. They put on a good show against Oldham away, and also against Newcastle kids, so lets have a few of them playing and go for it, as we are in the competition like it or not.

Boot, Yates, Turner, Stobbs and Tonge starting would not significantly weaken the team at all.

My understanding is first time around Mr S voted against it. Second time around Vale, I don't know who made the decision as Mr S was in the background at the time, voted for it to carry on as was with a bit of financial tweeking. Probably because the other two options on the table were worse. Not something to batter Smurthwaite about this.

I hate the format, but if you're it, win it. Decent chance to field a few squad players without taking the ****. I expect a strong side but with 3/4 changes. Forward momentum is good for confidence yeah?

Still sticking to my principal and not attending any of these games while premier clubs are involved, as it was originally designed to enable lower league clubs the opportunity to reach Wembley! I fear for the future of league clubs should they continue to allow Premier clubs to participate, as the seed has been sown!!

Archived