onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Matchday Thread: EFLT Port Vale v Crewe Alex

Fosse69

Still sticking to my principal and not attending any of these games while premier clubs are involved, as it was originally designed to enable lower league clubs the opportunity to reach Wembley! I fear for the future of league clubs should they continue to allow Premier clubs to participate, as the seed has been sown!!

Same here ELDERBEZZA.

Advert

I think there's a lot of misplaced indignation about this (but still respecting your right to have an opinion): Not all the Academy teams were Premier clubs; Swansea did the best of the Academy teams, finishing 2nd in their group, then beating 2 Academy sides before losing on pens to Coventry; Everton and West Ham's Academies finished 3rd and did not progress, whilst WBA U-21 / Chelsea / Stoke Res / Blackburn / Derby and Middlesbrough Academies all finished bottom - Middlesbrough's lost all 3 games. So the Academy teams didn't make much impact and we get more money for participating. What's not to like?

On a personal level, I could never play enough football, and wanted to win everything possible. Also, wanted the same for the Vale...and I still say that, no matter how much you slag off this competition, if Vale get to the Final you'll all want to go!

I haven’t attended any game in this competition but the only way I’d go wembley if we got there is if we were playing another league side and not a premiership youth side or anyone’s youth side

So being at Wembley to me all depends on that.

Sent from my iPhone using onevalefan

I think there's a lot of misplaced indignation about this (but still respecting your right to have an opinion): Not all the Academy teams were Premier clubs; Swansea did the best of the Academy teams, finishing 2nd in their group, then beating 2 Academy sides before losing on pens to Coventry; Everton and West Ham's Academies finished 3rd and did not progress, whilst WBA U-21 / Chelsea / Stoke Res / Blackburn / Derby and Middlesbrough Academies all finished bottom - Middlesbrough's lost all 3 games. So the Academy teams didn't make much impact and we get more money for participating. What's not to like?

On a personal level, I could never play enough football, and wanted to win everything possible. Also, wanted the same for the Vale...and I still say that, no matter how much you slag off this competition, if Vale get to the Final you'll all want to go!

I have not been any of this cups matches, as this trophy completion was to give lower league clubs a chance at wembley, then the rich clubs were allowed to mussle in, it dose'nt matter if some of the premier's acadamies have not progressed, but you can bet that they will field stronger teams next time.

True about when we reach the final, I've been 3 times with mixed emotions- 1 win and 2 losses, but that feeling walking down wembley way to see my team...it will be a great pull and I might just might waiver...

Pope will be at least one change, the only player who runs faster with his leg strapped up according to Aspin, plenty of choice give all the other strikers a run out. We do need a plan B if he does pick up a lingering injury. January is quite a few games away.

Am I right in thinking that although the rules regarding team selection have been changed, you still can only make so many changes from the last competitive game ? If so, then wholesale changes are not possible. Or am I not up to speed ?

Four of the starting players excluding keepers must be:

The new rules are vague but allow more flexibility on changes, I.e if a player has played more than 40 times in his career count etc.

A qualifying outfield Player would be:

Any Player that meets the current criteria (excluding Goalkeepers), includes those who:

Have started the previous or following first team fixture;

Are in the top 10 players at the club for starting appearances in league and domestic cup competitions for season;

Have made 40 or more first team appearances in their career;

Are on loan from either a Premier League or Category 1 Academy Club.

So essentially seven changes are possible regardless plus Lawrie Wilson, Adam Yates, Michael Tonge and ADF would qualify as one of the above in your extra four.

In theory we could make XI changes.

Still sticking to my principal and not attending any of these games while premier clubs are involved, as it was originally designed to enable lower league clubs the opportunity to reach Wembley! I fear for the future of league clubs should they continue to allow Premier clubs to participate, as the seed has been sown!!

Bob on that!

Nah disgrace of a competition. Put the reserves out and hopefully lose heavily to get out of this god awful abomination of a competition which damages the integrity of the lower leagues.

We could lose and still qualify.If Newcastle win we are through. If Oldham win we are through. If they draw then it depends who wins the penalty shootout.

Archived