onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Matchday Thread: EFLT Port Vale v Crewe Alex

Fosse69

With a game on Friday too I can't imagine that those players who will feature both tomorrow and Friday will be giving it their all. Friday is the important fixture this week.

I imagine it'll be virtually the reserve side except the back 4.

Boot

Gibbons Smith Gunning Denton

Stobbs Tongue Reeves Montano

Turner Forrester

Advert

Yes, I agree - Yates deserves a game, maybe also some match time for Turner.

I agree, Yates for Gunning otherwise defence as Friday, don't want MadGav adding to his yellow card count.

More games Anderson & Smith have together the better.

Tonge & Middleton for Pugh & Kay, Stobbs for Worrall to save his energy.

Don't see why Harness & Denton cant manage both games.

Forrester & Turner to have half each up front giving Pope a deserved breather.

I agree, Yates for Gunning otherwise defence as Friday, don't want MadGav adding to his yellow card count.

More games Anderson & Smith have together the better.

Tonge & Middleton for Pugh & Kay, Stobbs for Worrall to save his energy.

Don't see why Harness & Denton cant manage both games.

Forrester & Turner to have half each up front giving Pope a deserved breather.

This competition is separate to the league in terms of the cards I believe and Anderson is banned for this one.

Nah disgrace of a competition. Put the reserves out and hopefully lose heavily to get out of this god awful abomination of a competition which damages the integrity of the lower leagues.

Ridiculous statement! Why would you want the team to lose heavily and possibly damage morale and confidence for the next League games? And how does anything in the makeup of this tournament damage the integrity of the lower Leagues? How? The only damaging thing is the holier-than-thou moral attitude some of you have adopted, which have affected gates and clubs' incomes! UTV! VTID (except in this competition, where I want them to lose heavily) Pah!!

Ridiculous statement! Why would you want the team to lose heavily and possibly damage morale and confidence for the next League games? And how does anything in the makeup of this tournament damage the integrity of the lower Leagues? How? The only damaging thing is the holier-than-thou moral attitude some of you have adopted, which have affected gates and clubs' incomes! UTV! VTID (except in this competition, where I want them to lose heavily) Pah!!

0-3 will do me with the other result going against us. It’s a slippery slope to B teams entering the league.

They also freely admit they rig the draw;

http://www.dailyecho.co.uk/news/15407127.Football_League_boss_defends_rigged_cup_draw_to_stop_Saints_playing_Pompey/

Sent from my iPhone using the onevalefan mobile app

What a negative message.

I prefer to take notice of Neil Aspins comments:

Aspin tells Vale players – Checkatrade clash is still important

Manager Neil Aspin has reminded his players that Tuesday’s Checkatrade Trophy clash with Crewe is an “opportunity” to impress.

It’s good that he seems to be treating it as a reserve run out. I hope all the players play well and are undone by 3 unlucky own goals.

It’s good that he seems to be treating it as a reserve run out. I hope all the players play well and are undone by 3 unlucky own goals.

Aspin says that a win is important.

Supposing all of the fans wanted the Vale to lose and cheered Crewe Alex. onto a win tomorrow night.

I'm sure that they won't. You'll be the only Vale (suporter?)person in the ground who'll be pleased for a Crewe win.

I hope that our lads thrash Crewoo trainspotters 5 goals to nil!

Supposing all of the fans wanted the Vale to lose and cheered Crewe Alex. onto a win tomorrow night.

I'm sure that they won't. You'll be the only Vale (suporter?)person in the ground who'll be pleased for a Crewe win.

To be honest I hope all league 1 and league 2 clubs get knocked out and that the final is played out in front of 3 men and a dog at Wembley. I hope it truly embarrasses the EFL.

As the first sentence says in your post, ASPIN says a win is important. So all you have to ask yourself is whether you think he knows better than anyone else who thinks otherwise.

It really is a devalued competition, but we are in it, so try and win it. Prize money is useful too, if it ends up where it should.

Vale 4 Crewe 0 att 1,189

I understand how you feel about the competition, but wouldn't it be nice if the vale could lift the trophy?

It would be awesome just not in its current guise. Would people go if we had Southampton u’21s in the final?

The vast majority of fans have given their response to the comp as it stands.

Giving in is definitely a slippery slope. We already get less than 1% of the income of the worst PL team, we don’t want ourselves and others to be devalued further.

The vast majority of Vale fans still want Vale to win this game, which strikes me as normal.

I don't like the Premier League and its greediness and power grabbing, and will speak out against it, but will still watch the matches as not doing so would not make any difference whatsoever.

Archived