onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Matchday Thread: EFLT Port Vale v Crewe Alex

Fosse69

so how is your petition coming on-got many signatures , how is your protest against the owners who supported it, how is your lobbying going on with the FA or have you just chosen to not attend and moan at others for going- need to stop being lazy in your quest and get your act together

I’ve signed every petition going related to this topic and would urge everyone to do the same and will never attend a game whilst it’s being wrecked and our very future is being risked and would urge everyone to do the same. Zero attendances would soon embarrass the organisers and kill the competition and their future ideals dead. Supporting the competition intentionally or unintentionally is harmful.

Advert

Both sides made 7 changes from Saturday. Crewe fannyed about with the ball a lot, fell over a lot, we were better at finishing though. Some lovely goals - hard to choose between Forrester's and Montano's as goal of the match.

How did gunning do in his preferred position of centre half and will any have a chance of breaking break into Fridays team

Not sure when the draw for the next round is, but as Group winners Vale will play another Northern group side that finished in second place.

That means - wait for it - that if Stoke City U-23 beat Bury tomorrow and finish second in their group, there is a one in 7 chance of playing them at Vale Park.

Despite having reservations about having academy sides included, I would expect a crowd of rather more than 1000 if that happens, and it would be interesting to say the least.

I thought it was one of those games where neither team was giving it their all, they're out, we were near enough through and we have a game Friday so it's understandable that neither has team was putting in 100%.

I thought they were a very weak side physically and were tippy tappy without creating much. The lad who scored 2 for them looks like a real poacher though.

The way we started I thought we'd batter them. The first was great work from Gibbons and a good finish from Regis, Foresters could be one of the contenders for our goal of the season. Reeves was a good run bursting into the box with a brave header to finish it and Montanos was an excellent run and finish one on one.

Boot looked more assured first half than second, he pulled off some good saves and his handling was in the main very good, although he made a couple of rash decisions to come out for balls in the box when he maybe shouldn't have. Gibbons looked good again and he must have the most assists for us already this season. Yates had a good game too, kept Cooper quiet and also produced an assist with a good cross as well. Forrester looked strong and he was bullying their defenders, great goal to top off his night. He's the only one I would say who could come in to the team Friday and do a job straight away, he looked strong and his touch was good and he brought other players in to the game too, but I can't see Pope being dropped for him, but he's certainly an option to bring on with Pope. Regis came out of the blocks quickly but faded soon in the first half, but it was a promising debut and it doesn't get bette than a debut goal too. Equally Mike Calverley had a good half, kept it simple and broke up play nicely. Smith and Gunning were more than a match for their attackers and were both fairly quiet really but they dealt well with crosses into them. Montano still had a lot to prove I think, he looks like he can beat any full back when he tries, but he seems to drift in and out of the game, he could be a key player for us. Tonge was solid enough, even though their younger players clearly had the legs on him he still out a solid shift in. Stubbs worked hard and again looks like he has some real ability and skill in him, but doesn't show it enough, I can't see him displacing Worrall in the team.

Overall it's another result that keeps the good run going and that's the main thing.

I can’t defend the ignorance of those that are supporting this competition by attending games and that includes a friend and a family member.

Sent from my iPhone using the onevalefan mobile app

By "ignorance" you mean "have a different opinion to yourself"! I think you and your fellow whingers are being over the top about what's happening! IN case you hadn't noticed, many non-league clubs now have more money than ever before, and are becoming more competitive as a result. If ever there is a new league to accommodate U-23s/U-21s that will simply mean there is one extra League to win to get to the Prem; and one league extra before a club drops into non-League, which, in any case, happens to clubs every year. Things change - we have our own opinions of whether they be good or bad? Personally, I don't give a toss about an extra challenge to overcome and I don't see that non-League clubs will die as a result of that - as yet - theoretical occurrence! If you Luddites want to destroy this competition because you don't like it, that will be on your own heads and no-one else's, so don't try shifting the blame or deflecting the guilt. As for being called a scab - that's a shocking thing to say, but not surprising given some of you have the IQ of amoebas!

Another confidence building result... well done Vale

As for the competition its a difficult one... the passion and loyalty of the fans is for their team, the whole structure of the game is reliant on that, thats why they turn up and pay their money week after week... its almost like an instinct for some, an addiction that cant be denied... thankfully.

I dont like where the competition is heading but its a personal choice to not attend, for whatever reason, and that should be respected.

I'm not sure why some of you are so frightened of change? There has always been change: After WW1, women's football was a huge game - so much so that it was banned in 1921 to allow the men to have "their" game back! We used to have Div 3 Nth and Div 3 Sth - if that hadn't changed we'd not have been able to beat Man City, at Maine Rd. Reserve teams play in other countries' Leagues - with pretty much the same pro/anti opinion as over here - but I don't think they have killed off any smaller teams? On the other hand, there is a history, over here, of smaller clubs going out of business that has nothing to do with having to play against "major" clubs' U-23 teams!

4 goals 4 different scorers and another win to boost morale even more .

Aint being the game but happy they have won and happy the fringe players have stepped up and delivered.

Forrester played all game i noticed so thats a big plus ,Regis scored so a attacking goalscoring midfielder .

Negatives conceding 2 but when u scored 4 it doesnt really matter that much .

Well done Aspo u motivating the whole squad it looks like ,so u r doing a fabulous job UTV .

By "ignorance" you mean "have a different opinion to yourself"! I think you and your fellow whingers are being over the top about what's happening! IN case you hadn't noticed, many non-league clubs now have more money than ever before, and are becoming more competitive as a result. If ever there is a new league to accommodate U-23s/U-21s that will simply mean there is one extra League to win to get to the Prem; and one league extra before a club drops into non-League, which, in any case, happens to clubs every year. Things change - we have our own opinions of whether they be good or bad? Personally, I don't give a toss about an extra challenge to overcome and I don't see that non-League clubs will die as a result of that - as yet - theoretical occurrence! If you Luddites want to destroy this competition because you don't like it, that will be on your own heads and no-one else's, so don't try shifting the blame or deflecting the guilt. As for being called a scab - that's a shocking thing to say, but not surprising given some of you have the IQ of amoebas!

For the millionth time I didn’t and wouldn’t use the word scab. Read for goodness sake.

The only luddites and people with the IQ of amoebas, your words, are the ones merrily supporting this damaging farce whilst closing their eyes and sticking their fingers in their ears.

Another confidence building result... well done Vale

As for the competition its a difficult one... the passion and loyalty of the fans is for their team, the whole structure of the game is reliant on that, thats why they turn up and pay their money week after week... its almost like an instinct for some, an addiction that cant be denied... thankfully.

I and thousands like me adore my lower league club and it kills us not to attend games but we can’t close our minds to the damage this is doing. It appears apathy has set in and we will be playing the equivalent of parks football in years to come.

That can’t be respected Geo, it would be a decimation of the club.

So not only are the fans that go to these games scabs, (someone eleses words), they are also luddites with the IQ of amoebas. No one can predict what damage this competeition may or may not do, so at the moment its a completely hypothetical situation as to what the future holds. Clearly the Premier League are looking at the models of other countries as to how they incorporate b teams, so its an issue thats not going to go away as they will be looking at other ways of trying it outside of this cup competition anyway. But slagging off fellow fans again for going to support and watch their team is just wrong.

You have some intelligent stuff to say, but equally some of your posts deserve the same apathy that you give to the the EFL Trophy in the hope that you go away because derailment is what happens in near enough every thread you take part in.

So not only are the fans that go to these games scabs, (someone eleses words), they are also luddites with the IQ of amoebas. No one can predict what damage this competeition may or may not do, so at the moment its a completely hypothetical situation as to what the future holds. Clearly the Premier League are looking at the models of other countries as to how they incorporate b teams, so its an issue thats not going to go away as they will be looking at other ways of trying it outside of this cup competition anyway. But slagging off fellow fans again for going to support and watch their team is just wrong.

You have some intelligent stuff to say, but equally some of your posts deserve the same apathy that you give to the the EFL Trophy in the hope that you go away because derailment is what happens in near enough every thread you take part in.

I don't understand the thinking, I can understand the B team issue, however its a cup we can win and a day out at Wembley. If we could finish mid table and win this cup and also the cashflow with it it is a bad season turned good with some silverware.

How did gunning do in his preferred position of centre half and will any have a chance of breaking break into Fridays team

Gunning did well with Smith, but I think the defensive unit of Gibbons Anderson Smith Gunning is a stronger combination, but in part thats probably only down to the fact they've played together a lot more. I thought Yates had a good game too.

Forrester if he can stay fit could be a real handful at this level, but I can't see him displacing Pope as the first name on the teamsheet up front. I think Forrester is a better option than Barnet and Turner though.

Regis showed some good flashes of what he can do, he was breaking forward and supporting Forrester and of course scored too. So maybe he could be competition for Harness in that advanced role behind the striker.

Archived