onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Matchday Thread: Exeter City v Port Vale

Fosse69

Advert

Excellent result. Looks like Norman picked the right man for the job in Neil Aspin.

4th time lucky - well done Norman. Starting to undo the massive damage at last.:clap:

What might Aspin have done with a start in the top half of L1 and all the money you wasted on Bruno and his rubbish players ?

Amazing result. Just goes to show what a bit of fight and organisation can do for a side, a bunch of players that actually want to play for the shirt, the manager and each other.

Anderson has been fantastic so far in a Vale shirt and makes a big, big difference to our back line. Top Pope will still score goals in his 50's if you give him service.

Shame about Whitfield having to go off as he's played a big part in our recent revival. But now it's up to Montano to show us what he's capable of. Many of us were quite pleased when he signed and now is his time to show us why.

Fantastic result today.

It's too early to proclaim Aspin as some sort of Messiah, so feet on the ground, but you can't knock what he has so far delivered.

Firstly, we have developed a style of play that seems to fit the players we have and so everybody knows their role in the team.

Secondly we are tactically better. By this I mean the stats on BBC show we gave 20 fouls away, which suggests to me that we know when to make tactical stoppages, such as early in the 2nd half, to stop them building momentum. How many times have we seen away sides do that at Vale.

I think if we beat our bogie side Swindle then I might start to believe anything is possible this season.

Fantastic result today.

It's too early to proclaim Aspin as some sort of Messiah, so feet on the ground, but you can't knock what he has so far delivered.

Firstly, we have developed a style of play that seems to fit the players we have and so everybody knows their role in the team.

Secondly we are tactically better. By this I mean the stats on BBC show we gave 20 fouls away, which suggests to me that we know when to make tactical stoppages, such as early in the 2nd half, to stop them building momentum. How many times have we seen away sides do that at Vale.

I think if we beat our bogie side Swindle then I might start to believe anything is possible this season.

Totally agree about us actually being "professional..I.e doing what every other bugger does to us...Rob l against creepy Crawley was great but as we Wycombe showed at VP...it's how football is..I couldn't believe how many times our players delayed the game today..if you can't beat them join em...no44 for them epitomized cheating bstrds

Totally agree about us actually being "professional..I.e doing what every other bugger does to us...Rob l against creepy Crawley was great but as we Wycombe showed at VP...it's how football is..I couldn't believe how many times our players delayed the game today..if you can't beat them join em...no44 for them epitomized cheating bstrds

Sadly that’s just football now and sadly if you can’t beat them you have to join them.

I saw the Foley tackle on Aspin recently and no players reacted, even Porter who picked the ball up after the challenge didn’t. Now everyone would be all over pushing and shoving each other and rutting like painful stags. The game has gone soft to a degree over the last 20 years.

I do hate it when people call these actions professional, they are actually anything but.

Sent from my iPhone using the onevalefan mobile app

After being turned down by two candidates Smurthwaite had no choice,fortunately everything is better than we could have dreamed of,so despite your mate we are seemingly on the up.

Despite the owner? He appointed him for goodness sake. Without the owner Aspin and Rudge would not be here.

Christ show some balance man, criticise his failings (the last three managerial appointments) but give praise where it’s due with the appointment of Aspin. You can be sure you and the rest of the people that hate him would have wanted his head of a stick if Aspin had been a huge failure.

And once again as it seems you are ignorant I have met the owner twice, he’s no ‘mate’ so try to stop being personal.

Sent from my iPhone using the onevalefan mobile app

And once again as it seems you are ignorant I have met the owner twice, he’s no ‘mate’ so try to stop being personal.

Does anyone else know that saying about liars having problems because they have to have a perfect memory to remember the lies they have told ?

In previous posts you have already said you met the owner three times - and posted it more than once.

Archived