onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Cricket - The Ashes

robf

Good bowling so far by England in the Aussie's 2nd innings to not only restrict their scoring rate, but also whipping out 4 top-order batsmen. However, the Australian first innings lead, is I fear far to much and bearing in mind that 13 wickets fell today (3rd day) I suspect the pitch may be starting to do a little bit to aid the bowlers. Still, ever the optimist, it leaves the Aussie's with a bit of a conundrum as to how long they bat (assuming a miracle doesn't happen and we bowl them out), what score they set us as a target and our batsmens' mental approach to the 2nd innings task whatever that target happens end up at! As someone mentioned earlier, a chance for Joe Root (and others) to stand up and be counted. It's about time a couple of our top order posted a nice big score. I live more in hope...........................................than expectation!

Advert

Yeah posted about the 400 when we had only just gone into bat not this morning when we're 7/8 down....

shambles of a batting display really. I thought malan got a decent ball but other than that all other dismissals were avoidable; horrible shot from root and Vince back to normal going for silly shots when only on 2. Overton and woakes showed the 'batsman' how it's done.

Brilliant bowling performance thus far though; shame it's too little too late can't see us making 250 in second innings.

It's the same old story I'm afraid and how we can't cope with the Aussie bowlers down under.

All too predictable,which begs the question of if our preparation is adequate enough to cope with the opposition.

Anybody for another whitewash?

It's the same old story I'm afraid and how we can't cope with the Aussie bowlers down under.

All too predictable,which begs the question of if our preparation is adequate enough to cope with the opposition.

I think it is. Every team struggles in other countries. The aussies always look completely inept here against our swing bowling. I don't think it will be 5-0. Maybe 4-1, I'd say we would have an outside chance in this test if we can bowl them out for less than another 100 but I really can't imagine our batsman knocking off 350.

I think it is. Every team struggles in other countries. The aussies always look completely inept here against our swing bowling. I don't think it will be 5-0. Maybe 4-1, I'd say we would have an outside chance in this test if we can bowl them out for less than another 100 but I really can't imagine our batsman knocking off 350.

I have to disagree with you’re point about the Aussies always struggling in England. The Australians have won 49 tests here while England themselves have only won 51 of the 166 played. Recently they have struggled here, but that is more down to a resurgent England and a poorer than normal Aussie side rather than a swinging ball.

I have to disagree with you’re point about the Aussies always struggling in England. The Australians have won 49 tests here while England themselves have only won 51 of the 166 played. Recently they have struggled here, but that is more down to a resurgent England and a poorer than normal Aussie side rather than a swinging ball.

During their period of dominance, there was an arrogance about the Australian team whereby they believed they would win every game they stepped onto the pitch, regardless. What that meant was that as the team gradually transitioned, they had people coming into the side that hadn't bothered to play county cricket in England, didn't think they needed to - and therefore still tried to play as if they were in Australian conditions. Contrast that to Michael Hussey, who was 30 and had played about 5 years and scored a stack of runs in England before he even played a Test!

They have rectified that now, and as many of the Aussies play in county cricket as possible during their winter.

Glad I stayed up for most of it, it was an absolutely fantastic watch. The first hour tomorrow is huge. If England can add about 40-50 runs and not lose any wickets they'll have a fantastic chance of doing what was almost the unthinkable. If Root can get his century and either Bairstow or Ali contribute a good knock we can do it.

If Australia manage to get a couple of wickets and one of them includes our captain then it's game over. I still think Australia are favorites, something like 65-35, but at least England have shown some fight and passion and made a proper game of it instead of being blown away as looked likely to be the case a couple of days ago.

Brilliant day for England. I thought again Anderson was brilliant and showed how good he actually is. Woakes proving he's a very decent bowler despite what some say. It going to be close if root finishes not out we will win but it's a real tough ask for him. Disappointed with cook again, should've been out earlier and another poor dismissal, same with Vince.

Every time the ball has swung they don't look up to it. Even warner when it's pitched full and swinging he looks lost. My point about them struggling was a more recent analogy not looking too far back.

Called it after the first test that if we didn’t get a result in this it would be a 5-0 walkover.

Disappointing we are completely giving up today after one of the best days test cricket I’ve had the pleasure of attending yesterday with real ebb and flow.

The sad thing is there is no real brilliance like 4 years ago to contend with. Lyon is being allowed to bowl, Starc and Hazlewood are massively overrated although I wouldn’t like to face Cummins at the moment.

The weak minds and lack of mental strength is all too obvious sadly and it’s what the Aussies themselves are focusing on.

Oh and a word on the captaincy, abysmal from both Smith and Root this test match.

5-0 for me.

Sent from my iPhone using the onevalefan mobile app

one of the best days test cricket I’ve had the pleasure of attending yesterday with real ebb and flow.

That was the ebb and flow between getting uber spanked and just spanked was it? I have never come across anyone with so little worthwhile to say on any sporting issue whatsoever. Nice get well to Yates from you though Earle?

There are some insufferable pompous always wrong types on here who know jack s about anything. If only one would come to mind. Thinking....

Archived