onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Cricket - The Ashes

robf

Advert

Oh dear Nathan Lyon, what went wrong? No careers ended, no scared players heading back home... perhaps you need to actually walk the walk as well as talk the talk? :razz:

Bowled well himself Rob. I reckon it was all co-ordinated as he is the slow bowler to be honest.

Nicely balanced first day, with some good performances from Stoneman and Vince especially. I'm excited to watch Ali tomorrow, although I feel like we are in a precarious position. Couple of quick wickets and I don't like our tail much below Woakes.

I thought that was a great day of cricket with some great battles. Good Bowling and some very good batting. Happy for Vince as he always looks class but always gets out cheaply, looked a real player last night. Stoneman looks a high class player and has been great so far this tour. The ausies really don't have the firepower I was expecting, nothing what so ever to worry our batsmen certainly not in the same manor as Johnson. Hope we can get 350+ and we're in the game can't wait for day 2.

Bowled well himself Rob. I reckon it was all co-ordinated as he is the slow bowler to be honest.

Yes he did but it's the Aussie trash-talk/over hype (which he agreed to take part in - non-one forced him) that annoys me. He bowled good spells but none of the bowling ended any careers, started a war or scared people as Aussies claimed pre-game.

I just think it's really disrespectful to fellow professionals and I'm glad England didn't rise to it.

For me, the best response to all their pre-series nonsense would be if England ignore it all and win the series without need to talk rubbish.

I just think it's really disrespectful to fellow professionals and I'm glad England didn't rise to it.

For me, the best response to all their pre-series nonsense would be if England ignore it all and win the series without need to talk rubbish.

Completely agree Rob. There is banter, which no one minds, but some of the Aussie stuff was way over the line. Credit to our lads that they just kept out of it.

Surprised the pitch was so placid. Has the weather there been a bit unusual or is the groundsman a POM? (God I hate that term).

All to play for tomorrow. If we can bat 'til tea we'll be in good shape. But this being England you expect a collapse any minute and could be all out before lunch.

Completely agree Rob. There is banter, which no one minds, but some of the Aussie stuff was way over the line. Credit to our lads that they just kept out of it.

Surprised the pitch was so placid. Has the weather there been a bit unusual or is the groundsman a POM? (God I hate that term).

All to play for tomorrow. If we can bat 'til tea we'll be in good shape. But this being England you expect a collapse any minute and could be all out before lunch.

If the Aussies used that kind of banter over here there would be accusations of hate crimes?😁

I was at the Gabba for the first test in 2010. At the end of the first day then, England had scored 260 all out and the Aussies were massively giving us stick on the way back to the city centre. They were very quiet later in the game when England made 511 for 1 and went on to win the series.

The England innings today seemed to be following a similar pattern to 2010. The loss of an early wicket etc. However, there was a massive difference to 2010. The wicket didn't turn at all in 2010, even on the 5th day. Scoring 196-4 might be good runs in the bag if Moeen Ali has a big say in proceedings to follow. I hope so.

It’s absolutely on a knife edge, tomorrow is huge!

There are showers forecast now for the next 9 days but sadly and unusually for here not proper storms which would take chunks from the day.

Either way we need to be batting on Monday morning.

The banter between both sets of fans has been excellent to date and like the team’s are very evenly matched.

Archived