onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Next Manager

Robbie Earle's Perm

Completely agree. Can't understand the obsession with Ainsworth either. Shouldn't we aim higher than a manager who merely keeps Wycombe Wanderers near the play offs? If he wasn't ex-Vale, no-one would be shouting for him. No ex players please, no ex-managers, sack off the back room staff and get someone in who can start that root to branch overhaul of the club that Sinnott mentioned a decade ago.

I suppose a manager who makes his club money from selling players.......(Courtney Hause to Wolves, Paris Cowan-Hall to Millwall, Josh Scowan to Barnsley, Matt Ingram to QPR etc)

Who makes his club money from cup runs (drawing with, at the time, premier league Aston Villa then losing the reply at Villa Park. Almost beating Spurs at WHL last season and getting to an EFL semi-final)

And not forgetting finishing 4th two seasons ago and losing in the play-off final. All with little old Wycombe.

......in the past 5 years isn't the kind of man we are after. Ex Vale or not.

Advert

Completely agree. Can't understand the obsession with Ainsworth either. Shouldn't we aim higher than a manager who merely keeps Wycombe Wanderers near the play offs? If he wasn't ex-Vale, no-one would be shouting for him. No ex players please, no ex-managers, sack off the back room staff and get someone in who can start that root to branch overhaul of the club that Sinnott mentioned a decade ago.

And btw he does it with a 25 man squad not a team approaching 40 pros.

I suppose a manager who makes his club money from selling players.......(Courtney Hause to Wolves, Paris Cowan-Hall to Millwall, Josh Scowan to Barnsley, Matt Ingram to QPR etc)

Who makes his club money from cup runs (drawing with, at the time, premier league Aston Villa then losing the reply at Villa Park. Almost beating Spurs at WHL last season and getting to an EFL semi-final)

And not forgetting finishing 4th two seasons ago and losing in the play-off final. All with little old Wycombe.

And btw he does it with a 25 man squad not a team approaching 40 pros.

Good call, he showed a lot of respect for the fans at the match but will we pay compo (assuming he was interested).

I was there. I was also at Vale Park when Coleman instructed on of the Accrington players to give the ball back to Vale when his team had incorrectly been given a throw in.

I've watched Vale for 45 years and seen dozens of managers but only three of them won more than they lost. Managerial appointments at this level are a lottery.

Most managers fail, even if they have experience. Ultimately if you don't get a team promoted in 3 to 4 years you get fired. If you do it's a maximum of 2 seasons to get another promotion. There's a lot of luck in football in the lower leagues. 2 key players injured for the season turns a top 7 team to a relegation team. In promotion seasons we've generally got there with 14 players in most games. It easy to reel of the teams that got promoted because so few players were really involved.

I guess he would have to apply or show his interest as it doesn't look like we are going to approach a club

The more I think about it, the more Gareth Ainsworth needs to be the next manager of this club. Ex player or not, he's the man for the job:

Only 44 so young enough to be a mainstay here for years

Never managed higher than L2, so will have the drive to better himself (hopefully via promotions with Vale). Not here for another payday.

40% win ratio in L2 over 268 games

Good record of giving young players a chance and selling for profit - Kortney Hause to Wolves, Scowen to Barnsley, Cowan-Hall to Millwall.

Shrewd in the transfer market - Akinfenwa, Pierre, Kashket etc.

L2 Manager of The Year 2014-15

He would galvanise the club, I think every fan would be right behind him.

He's recently admitted he "loves the place" here.

Go get him Norman!

The more I think about it, the more Gareth Ainsworth needs to be the next manager of this club. Ex player or not, he's the man for the job:

Never managed higher than L2, so will have the drive to better himself (hopefully via promotions with Vale). Not here for another payday.

Good record of giving young players a chance and selling for profit - Kortney Hause to Wolves, Scowen to Barnsley, Cowan-Hall to Millwall.

Go get him Norman!

He would get the fans onside again by bringing Ainsworth to the club...results would improve in fact everything would head upwards ...it just needs Norman to bite the bullet and get his money out

Go get him Norman!

Looks like he has a good eye for young loan players too with Alfie Mawson, Fred Onyedinma and Billy Knott (before we had him) having stints at Wycombe.

Archived