onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Next Manager

Robbie Earle's Perm

Advert

Tell us what it says then!

I did take a screenshot, but can't get it to paste sadly.

He basically put it out there that he'd applied for our managers position. He said he's not in football because he doesn't want to be. But with port vale, our only success in 20 years came when he played his only year with us. Essentially it was down to him.That it just fits.

Says he also has that special connection with the fans here, he wouldn't be your typical lower league football manager but would build a philosophy of looking after the ball.

He said football management now is like a conveyor belt and reminds him of sitting in yo sushi.

I'm afraid I can't quite get the all knowing, condescending tone that he manages.

You get the idea.

There is a scene in one of the brilliant Fawlty Towers episodes where Basil has accidentally groped a beautiful young Australian girl and then been caught hiding in her wardrobe by Sybil.

Sybil has had (unfounded) suspicions that Basil has been after the girl for a while but finally confronts him and asks-

'What makes you think that a young, attractive young lady like this would be interested in an ageing nauseous brilliantine stick-insect like you Basil ?'

Now if you substitute Vale and its owner for Basil, Ainsworth for the Australian girl, and the words stick-insect for alleged lardy fantasist there is a certain similarity with what is going on here.

Why in a million years would Ainsworth want to swap what he has at Wycombe for a ticket to what I have to sadly describe as our trouble and lunacy land ?

-ps You could substitute Coleman for Ainsworth too - why would he want the hassle when he is doing so well and is Smurf-free ?

Yes Bea one of the few things that we agree on.

There is no way Ainsworth would leave the safety of Wycombe to join the lunatic asylum that is Port Vale.

Norman missed the chance last season when he appointed Brown and Vale were in a relative safe place and Wycombe were struggling.Coleman same at Accy.He still has a 2 year contract left and they are in the play offs.

Besides Norman wouldnt cough up for compensation to their clubs.

Steve Cotterill hasn't been a Manager since 2015 so might be persuaded to give it a go but not with Adams as Director of Football.Cant see how Adams could do it in a part time capacity and he wouldn't give up his business he has worked hard to build up.

Looks like part time Adams with ************ Morgan and Kelly as assistants because Norman won't pay them off.

We are going to end up with a chancer manager as we have always done MA excepted. Any decent and proven manager has his own team of backroom staff, we a'nt going to pay out for that. So bandy all the names you like about! Its going to be a chancer, lets just hope its the one in a hundred we get! Because most fail,well all ours have apart from the great JR

Will the Interim Disciplinarian be in place in time for the Yeovil game?

"Sadomasochism is the giving or receiving pleasure from acts involving the receipt or infliction of pain or humiliation. Practitioners of sadomasochism may seek sexual gratification from their acts. While the terms sadist and masochist refer respectively to one who enjoys giving or receiving pain, practitioners of sadomasochism may switch between activity and passivity."

All set for Yeovil then?

Will the Interim Disciplinarian be in place in time for the Yeovil game?

Whoever it is will have all the authority of a supply teacher. It's interesting though that Smurthwaite felt the need to imply that discipline is an issue by talking of a disciplinarian.

Had it been communicated to him that there is a problem with on and possibly off-field behaviour? Just a thought.

Or maybe he thought it would chime well with people who just think that the players need to "work harder".

Maybe. Personally I've not had any complaints about effort in general, unlike last year with those bone-idle chancers Hooper and Kelly.

The exception was Barnett at Luton who looked like he'd rather be at the airport going somewhere nice.

I've seen Adams, Ainsworth, Adkins, Askey, Aspin all mentioned and I haven't got to letter B yet. Hope Smurf has a Plan B as he will never please everybody if anybody.

Sorry from the letter A, I missed Martin Allen and 2 tongue in cheek names (David Artell and Sam Allardyce) who have also been mentioned within the thread. I got to Page 20 on the thread and have already noted 40 names although one of them is dead and not sure what he has to do with football management anyway. Another was someone named Martin Symonds whoever he might be.

So we have got as the 39 contenders according to the thread : Adams, Adkins, Ainsworth, Allardyce, Allen, Artell, Askey, Aspin, Bentley, Bradbury, Burge, Carsley, Coleman, Cotterill, Coyle, Davies, Edinburgh, Fowler, Gradi, Hasselbank, Horton, Macari, McDermott, McDonald, Money, Darren Moore, Ronnie Moore, Paatelainen, Pardew, Pearson, Powell, Redknapp, Saunders, Scott, Sherwood, Stubbs, Symonds, Tisdale, Westley. Apologies if I've left anyone out but I only got to page 20 and lost the will to live. Perhaps Martino should conduct a poll and pass it on to Norman. More sleepless nights for NS !

Archived