onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Garlick...

Biddulph_PV

The more imaginative ticket pricing, fan zones, better communication with the fans. That is what Garlick is doing. He has nothing to do with Brown's appointment, player recruitment. Other than sorting out the paper work. I'm not having this that he is in any way to blame for the mess.

That is down to two other people.

Advert

Very good post Tomo. Think we all going round in circles and beating ourselves up about the situation. Most threads merge into the same things and it is tedious though I still partake !

You are right about tomorrow it is a no win situation. Win and we happy but get ahead of ourselves and think we may of turned the corner. Losing is not an option or worth contemplating at the moment.

Seeing as I have gone off topic myself. Since Garlick came in I never had so much communication from the club via email so that is a positive. His statement re Brown is par for the course and maybe could be construed as the dreaded vote of confidence

Almost find myself wanting to watch the most drab 0-0 ever, to give us a point at least, but to show Brown & Garlick up even more.

Honestly though, the longer it goes on, & the more articles are released, the more condescending they all sound. I couldn't care less if they're just sound bites for the press & shouldn't be taken seriously, each one is an additional slap in the face to fans. Every time one of them endorses the manager or tells us not to worry/be patient, the more it reinforces my opinion that they have about as much idea about football as he does.

The more imaginative ticket pricing, fan zones, better communication with the fans. That is what Garlick is doing. He has nothing to do with Brown's appointment, player recruitment. Other than sorting out the paper work. I'm not having this that he is in any way to blame for the mess.

That is down to two other people.

Fair enough if actually true, however there is evidence to completely contradict that. So it's all down to who you believe. However, I'm not sure anyone can be blamed for not believing clear evidence at this point, with the amount of confusion that floats around the club.

The powers and responsibilities of football CEOs vary, we can only surmise at Garlick`s. Easier to judge him on his general business aspects, I always assume the owner has the final say in the core appointment/dismissal which is the manager/coach, as he would also the budget. As to the result of a game I always want the Vale to win, some we are more likely to win than others, this is one of them.

Fair enough Fosse69. With Norman as owner where do you think Garlick's powers lie? We are in a bad state, I don't think Garlick Tom Pope or "pay as you go" Fradley are to blame. Just suckers caught in the middle. This is a massive diversion as from where the blame really lies.

Fair enough Fosse69. With Norman as owner where do you think Garlick's powers lie? We are in a bad state, I don't think Garlick Tom Pope or "pay as you go" Fradley are to blame. Just suckers caught in the middle. This is a massive diversion as from where the blame really lies.

PM'd you. Agree that it probably is all down to Smurf as his money & ownership, but if so Garlick would do well to let the puppet Fradley take the flack & keep quiet, as even if his hands are tied in regards to saying something bad about his employer, he could at least show it by instead saying nothing at all.

The way they all go about it, they just sound like they're blindly backing the manager & none of them have any say in his future anyway, so trying to shift the responsibility to each other.

http://www.bbc.com/sport/football/teams/port-vale

Just read a transcript of his Radio Joke appearance and the question that immediately came to mind is.....what is the point of this guy??

I particularly like the "Michael's the manager, so we just carry on with it."

Terrific. Just absolutely brilliant.

If the Chief Exec can't be @rsed to arrest a slide that has seen us go 6 games without a goal and occupying 92nd place (out of 92) in the football league, then why should anybody else give a 5h!t??

You just get back to "running the business day-to-day" Colin, because after this season, there may very well be no business left to run. I wouldn't say that was a particularly impressive achievement for anyone's CV, would you??

Your post indicates that you don't understand the media and the nature of press conferences and public relations. Unlike sometimes unregulated posts on unofficial club websites (all, not just this one ) football clubs are totally accountable for presenting an image - but it may be very different from what is going on in the background.

I would have thought this was pretty easy to see after last year - the way Smurf and the club site appeared to mildly support Rob Page most of the time (with some notable exceptions of infantile emotional outbursts from Norm like Exeter-gate) - whilst all the time the machivellian plotting to remove Page and his players was going on.

Your post indicates that you don't understand the media and the nature of press conferences and public relations. Unlike sometimes unregulated posts on unofficial club websites (all, not just this one ) football clubs are totally accountable for presenting an image - but it may be very different from what is going on in the background.

I would have thought this was pretty easy to see after last year - the way Smurf and the club site appeared to mildly support Rob Page most of the time (with some notable exceptions of infantile emotional outbursts from Norm like Exeter-gate) - whilst all the time the machivellian plotting to remove Page and his players was going on.

True, but the comments are an observation based on what we can see; anything else would be pure conjecture & that is something that is usually disregarded as such by some on here.

I don't know the bloke but it seems to me that he has done some positive things since the summer, not least attending supporters' meetings and answering every question put to him.

The problem lies with the owner primarily and of course the manager.

We've had an awful lot of threads apportioning blame to variously the manager, a number of players (like Pope) and now Garlick. I guess it's frustration and a clear indication of how fed up we all are but I wouldn't put Garlick anywhere near the top of my bete noire list.

It's the owner we need to focus our anger on. From the position we were in when he took over, heading for promotion with the core of a decent league one team, look where we are now! It's been an appalling tenure and as far as I'm aware he's said nothing about it except that he isn't going to sell. No leadership from the top at all.

I get the impression Brown is bigger than the club and people like Fradley won't openly stand up to him. Why? Well he was a fairly big ex premier league name who is probably richer than even Smurf.

Think about it. Brown was at Pompey on at least £20k per week in their mad money years and played for Spurs on over £15k. He is comfortably a multi millionaire and could probably buy the club if he wanted.

It's the owner we need to focus our anger on. From the position we were in when he took over, heading for promotion with the core of a decent league one team, look where we are now! It's been an appalling tenure and as far as I'm aware he's said nothing about it except that he isn't going to sell. No leadership from the top at all.

Of course it's the owner we need to focus on, the man is dangerous,and he will be responsible for killing this club and I find it quite unbelievable that anyone can defend him.

He is using Garlick Fradley and Brown as his shield.

He must be laughing his rocks off at posters on here blaming an ever increasing list of suspects for his failure.

Archived