onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Garlick...

Biddulph_PV

I get the impression Brown is bigger than the club and people like Fradley won't openly stand up to him. Why? Well he was a fairly big ex premier league name who is probably richer than even Smurf.

Think about it. Brown was at Pompey on at least £20k per week in their mad money years and played for Spurs on over £15k. He is comfortably a multi millionaire and could probably buy the club if he wanted.

i ******* hope not

Advert

I get the impression Brown is bigger than the club and people like Fradley won't openly stand up to him. Why? Well he was a fairly big ex premier league name who is probably richer than even Smurf.

Think about it. Brown was at Pompey on at least £20k per week in their mad money years and played for Spurs on over £15k. He is comfortably a multi millionaire and could probably buy the club if he wanted.

Think Fradley is completely irrelevant to be honest, & can't see Smurf bowing down to anyone, especially an employee he is paying.

Your post indicates that you don't understand the media and the nature of press conferences and public relations. Unlike sometimes unregulated posts on unofficial club websites (all, not just this one ) football clubs are totally accountable for presenting an image - but it may be very different from what is going on in the background.

I would have thought this was pretty easy to see after last year - the way Smurf and the club site appeared to mildly support Rob Page most of the time (with some notable exceptions of infantile emotional outbursts from Norm like Exeter-gate) - whilst all the time the machivellian plotting to remove Page and his players was going on.

You are absolutely right, I do not understand the media, press conferences or indeed public relations. What I do understand is that we are bottom of the entire Football League, cannot score for toffee, and playing the type of football that makes Glovers team look like 1970 Brazil, and so listening to the sort of non-descript garbage that Garlick trots out on Radio Joke or reading your patronising comments on here are not going to pacify me or any of the now over-whelming majority of Vale fans who have just about had enough.

Does anyone honestly think Smurf would answer to anyone.

He even said himself he can't work with anyone else.

So anyone blaming Garlick for the failure to sack Brown or for the mess we are in, needs to give their heads a wobble.

Funny how Garlick had success at Rochdale and was very high respected.

Remind me, how much success has Smurf had at the Club.

Sent from my Moto E (4) Plus using the onevalefan mobile app

There was a status on Facebook saying he was trying to buy it.

Sent from my Moto E (4) Plus using the onevalefan mobile app

Smurf placed Garlick in to this position so that he would be given the stick from the supporters. He is Ina difficult position and doing the best he can but unfortunately he has a **** as a boss and would need to go to this **** should he need to make any major decisions like sacking Brown. Smurf is the problem and will continue to be the problem until he either sells or places the club into liquidation.

Would explain why he's not been sacked if he's secretly bought the club.

After watching each game, then reading the resulting articles & interviews from Brown/Fradley/Garlick, it's pretty hard for me to come up with a response to them at this moment to be honest. I think it's mainly because there's that much to say, it's difficult to know where to start.

So disillusioned with the club right now, & at a loss as to what we as fans can do, aside from sit back & watch it all unfold. I don't believe there is enough energy/fight for a protest, & because there's that much infighting between groups of fans, I doubt anything major would get organised anyway. So on one hand, I can't blame anyone for wanting to back us & hope that something changes, however I don't believe it will do anything for the team, therefore on the other, I can't criticize anyone for boycotting either.

On the whole, feeling very helpless, & the fact I'm having conflicting feelings about what result I want on Saturday says it all. I will be there (ST already paid for anyway), but do I wish for a win, so we can hopefully start to turn this around & move up the table? Or do I look for a loss, to get rid of the useless management team, as one win would be just papering over the cracks against the 2nd worst team in the league?

According to some, doing any of the above or wishing for whatever outcome would make me less of a fan, so I don't believe any result will truly be a win.

But without that first win, we can't go on to get the second and third wins.

A win tomorrow could be the start of a long unbeaten run as teams like Newport did last season.

Archived