onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Matchday Thread: Port Vale v Forest Green Rovers

Fosse69

I don't care about pope's dad, or pope himself, if I have to send him a tweet myself to make him realise how garbage he is, then I will, and if that bothers you then here's a big boohoo for you.

Well go on then no point in telling me that but let me know on OVF when you've done it and what you've said, doesn't bother me at all.

However, I would be careful if I were you, what goes around comes around.

Advert

I would suggest Popey's dad and Popey himself have more dignity than to make a comment like that. He did create Vale's goal today but I guess that fact doesn't fit with your agenda.

I'd say Denton's actions were the key - Pope's role was a simple pass inside and an excellent finish from Turner

What an utter mess Brown has created. He can't even pick his strongest squad because of his loan policy. Why give Boot a contract if he doesn't trust/rate him? Didn't go today and didn't miss it at all, especially the frustration, stress and anger you endure at Vale Park these days.

Well go on then no point in telling me that but let me know on OVF when you've done it and what you've said, doesn't bother me at all.

However, I would be careful if I were you, what goes around comes around.

To be far Joey couldn't be anymore crap in a Vale shirt, if he could jump he'd be better! So I doubt it's a case of what goes around comes around.

This was two very poor sides playing out a very poor game.

Our lineup confused me when a centre-half was playing fullback and a fullback was playing all over the place.

Substitutions confusing again.

They changed the game with their substitutions at half-time and their No4 ruled the centre of the field in the second half and changed the game completely. Why can't we do things like that????

Watching Pope at the moment is like watching amateur dramatics where someone has asked him to pretend to be a pushed over footballer and wave your arms allover the place. He would win the arm waving oscar at the moment.

Driving home Brown believes,in his world, that we have played eight and won eight and we should be top of the league.

Apologies if these points have been raised before but I need to get them out. Starting at the beginning, the emergency loaned goalkeeper. (We always play a debutant. Today was his turn?) A simple question, why? If Brown has lost confidence in Hornby, who he brought in, why not play the one goalkeeper who's kept a clean sheet this season? Can a surplus to requirements keeper from Derby really make that much difference? The fact that he is a loanee has a huge bearing on your team, more of which later.

Next the team. Before kick off we were all playing guess the formation. The obvious thing to do with those players was a 3-5-2 but no instead we have a centre half at left back, a left back at left mid and a central player on the right wing. So we have at least five wide players on the books and none of them start. Stupid. Back to the team, Brown has admitted that his plan was for Dan Turner to play 60 minutes. A lung busting amount for a 19 year old. So we then bring a right winger on and play him in the middle, leaving the central player on the right wing. So Brown's plan was always to go to one up front after 60 minutes whatever the score because he didn't put Pyke on the bench. Crazy. Why? because he couldn't because of the extra loanee ie the goalkeeper. But on the bench were two centre halves plus we already had three on the pitch so Brown goes into the match with five available centre halves but only two front men one of which he planned to only use for an hour!! It's not even difficult!

Brown is the worst tactician I have ever seen at Vale and today for the first time I think he's lost the dressing room because the general air of apathy when it went to 1-1 was clear to see. Heartbreakingly I don't see Brown quitting or Smurfwaite paying off The Three Stooges and the club that love is on an inevitable path to non league and it seems the only people who care about it are the fans who love this club as much as I do. There are no words, there really aren't.

Oh dear, it really is dire.

First half we looked like we were misfiring, with occasional glimpses of cohesion.

Second half, we looked utterly clueless, sat back and gave up.

What is the point of Michael Tonge?

Possibly the worst set up I've seen at Vale in over 50 years, and there have been some poor ones.

I don't know where to start and don't intend to try.

Two ways forward.

Sack the management team. Complete rubbish from top to bottom. Hard work isn't enough, you need some knowhow.

Sell the club to someone who cares and knows how to take us forward.

Appoint a manager who has a clue!

OK, that's three things, which means sacking the manager is only a solution if you have someone decent to take over.

Watch Chesterfield rise from the ashes.

They might even beat someone other than Vale.

First half we held our own,nothing special,they then took off their big striker and played to feet,and we were lost, totally lost,Brown was shown up to be lacking in any tactical awareness.

If Brown feels his job is secure and Smurthwaite is happy to see us flounder then Ladies and Gents we are going out of existence.

No amount of protest will alter the situation,why should it? Smurthwaite is screwing us and to all the Smurthwaite groupies,you should hang your heads in shame the club is dying and you stand there sucking up to your hero Smurthwaite. Disgraceful.

The goal owed more to Popey's decision to play a perfectly weighted pass and Turner's excellent finish. It's a pity you can't see this and it's a pity that your favorite, De Freitas can't do the same but that view is a little too subtle fot you.

It was a simple and unchallenged pass.

Christ Paul,Pope can barely waddle through games. He reckons he runs 11.5k per game, pull the other one man 😂 He jumped for two balls today, I watched trust me as the guy who sits in front of us frantically told him to jump for balls. He's a busted flush man not fit to lace Turner's boots, if Turner was knackered then Pope was in a flipping coffin! Pope spent most of his time rolling in the floor and arguing with that plank Brown, go to the games and see for yourself.

To play a crap centre half at left back when you have a good left back in midfield and a million wingers in the squad is bewildering.

To sign 7 loan players knowing you can only play 5 is bewildering.

To not have a sub striker on the bench to replace the flagging Pope is also bewildering.

Denton poked a toe in which ran to Pope. Held the ball looked around, spotted Turner's run and played a good ball into him to score. POPE IS NOT THE PROBLEM. Why on earth you lot want to bash Pope to death is beyond me.

Let us discuss Wilson. Let us discuss Middleton. Let us discuss Kay. Let us discuss the real dross on the books.

Honest question to the old timers; is this the worst its ever been?

No Hagrid,it's not good but I think the Butler years were and always will be the worst.At least some of the players we have now can kick the ball.Similar position really,asst manager made up to manager.

Archived