onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Matchday Thread: Coventry City v Port Vale

Fosse69

Pope with Turner or Pyke if fit. Whichever, by now, the front two should have played lots of game time minutes together to build up a partnership. If we, the fans, haven't got a clue who MB will pick from game to game and what peculiar formation/ positions/ tactics / changes will be employed then have sympathy for the players who also have clearly not a clue come Saturday.

I'm not bothering with Cov away- I'm opting for a day of decorating at home and Radio Sjoke commentary. At least then if I'm p'd off at 5pm then at least I won't have completely wasted yet another Saturday!

Advert

Pope with Turner or Pyke if fit. Whichever, by now, the front two should have played lots of game time minutes together to build up a partnership. If we, the fans, haven't got a clue who MB will pick from game to game and what peculiar formation/ positions/ tactics / changes will be employed then have sympathy for the players who also have clearly not a clue come Saturday.

I'm not bothering with Cov away- I'm opting for a day of decorating at home and Radio Sjoke commentary. At least then if I'm p'd off at 5pm then at least I won't have completely wasted yet another Saturday!

Good plan,at least if we don't get a result it should be easy to brush off?

I tried get the night off as working all weekend but to no Avail or should i say no avale.

The usual crowd who i go with on awaydays r going so i hope they win for them we always have a good day till the football can brown change that .

They will c i wont ill be keeping a update on sporting life as it happens .

My team well u want c players in there rightful positions and no square pegs in round holes and u want have pace up front so either one of these starting xls may surprise Coventry and maybe be a regular winning team for Vale .

Lainton

Wilson Anderson Gunning© Denton

Whitfield Middleton Worrall Harness

Barnett Pope

or

Lainton

Wilson Smith Anderson Gunning Denton

Worrall Harness Middleton

Turner Barnett

the second xl is the unknown and sometimes the unknown can come up trumps .

Is Barnett more mobile than Pope if so straight away thats a plus as all of a sudden the opposition can not just put there best header of the ball on him .

Can Turner be the one who benefits from the change as Coventry will be expecting Popey and yes i like Pope but even though he as done his best and being very unlucky v Crewe and N county the fact of the matter is he aint scored even though he as really as both headers looked over the line to me.

They were not given though so no used crying over that or making a issue over it whats done is done .

Letsc if Brown xan do lets c if he as a imagination etc

Utv

Well last week I predicted we'd beat County but this week I'm only seeing another loss. 3-0 convincing win for Cov.

I'd go with a simple 4-4-2

Lainton

Davis

Gunning

Smith

Denton

Harness

Worral

Middleton

Whitfield

Pyke

Barnett

I can guarantee he will not go with this team. He's to obsessed with his so called 4-3-3 which is clearly 4-1-4-1. Kay needs to be dropped but once again that will not happen. As much as I don't blame Pope for anything over the last few games, I'd try something new up top because we have scored in 4 games is it? So why not trying something different.

Sent from my iPhone using onevalefan

Well last week I predicted we'd beat County but this week I'm only seeing another loss. 3-0 convincing win for Cov.

I'd go with a simple 4-4-2

Lainton

Davis

Gunning

Smith

Denton

Harness

Worral

Middleton

Whitfield

Pyke

Barnett

I can guarantee he will not go with this team. He's to obsessed with his so called 4-3-3 which is clearly 4-1-4-1. Kay needs to be dropped but once again that will not happen. As much as I don't blame Pope for anything over the last few games, I'd try something new up top because we have scored in 4 games is it? So why not trying something different.

Sent from my iPhone using onevalefan

I like Tom Pope. But his abject loss in the foot race with Jones last week shows there is a major problem with him. No pace. I think if Barnett is fit he must be dropped.

I think we have a problem at right back. Davis has no ability going forward - can't pass, dribble or cross. Looks like Yates will have to come in.

We need to score first and stop going behind. Time for Brown to deliver as manager in the next 3 games or we will be in such a crisis he must be replaced.

We need to play 3-5-2 been on about for while,think it suits our players better and can play 2 up front. We need to keep a clean sheet to give us a chance of a point and need to start somewhere.

My team would be

GK. Lainton

RWB Worrall

LWB Denton

CB. Davies

CB. Smith

CB. Gunning

Mid. De Freitas

Mid. Whitfield

Mid. Middleton

St. Pope

St. Pyke

Sent from my iPad using onevalefan

I am going for a 3-0 Cov win .... then a 3-0 Luton win and that will be the end of Brown.

That'd be the likely score as form goes and I'd agree really but as we all know the division is **** and so are we but anyone could turn anyone over really

I'm goin for 1-1 Coventry 2-0 to Luton but that all depends on injuries and formations

Sent from my iPhone using the onevalefan mobile app

Archived