onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Matchday Thread: Coventry City v Port Vale

Fosse69

Advert

Spain beat Italy 3-0 without a recognised striker.

Is this the way forward for Vale?

Is this why we so many players in different positions?

Spain played 4-3-3 with Asensio as a false 9 and Isco & Silva as genuine inside forwards.

That sort of thing is all well and good with proper footballers but it's not really for us.

Spain played 4-3-3 with Asensio as a false 9 and Isco & Silva as genuine inside forwards.

That sort of thing is all well and good with proper footballers but it's not really for us.

I play that formation on FIFA , 433 false 9, but usually in the false 9 role it's Thomas Muller, aguero, lukaku, firminho, how bad pope is now, I'm struggling to call him a recognised striker, let alone a false 9 role, come Saturday I predict us joint bottom after losing 2-0, with the club still in dire straits, n it'll just be flooded on here with brown out bla bla bla.

How about playing players in there rightful positions .

So he plays 4 centre halves so the other players can do there thing .

R montano and harness not prepared work back and forth as im sure if your full backs get forwards u create more as they overlap and surely as a home team u dont play centre halfs at full back .

It makes no sense to me and if anything doesnt allow the team to flow as what i saw yesterday was static full backs who didnt join in.

So not brave Michael.

Heres my team for Coventry .

Hornby

Wilson Anderson Gunning Denton

Worrall Middleton Harness Defrietas

Turner Pope

No Davis Smith Kay Lainton Montano

Centre halfs to slow and r costing us as that one switch off every game is going put us non league .

Nothing against Davis but i think Wilson and Worrall could build a fantastic bond down the left and Denton and maybe defrietas down the left .

Turner give him ago off popey .

Ok new centre half pairing but why not if u watch all the goals from this season the pairing back there have been generally found wanting.

How about playing players in there rightful positions .

So he plays 4 centre halves so the other players can do there thing .

R montano and harness not prepared work back and forth as im sure if your full backs get forwards u create more as they overlap and surely as a home team u dont play centre halfs at full back .

It makes no sense to me and if anything doesnt allow the team to flow as what i saw yesterday was static full backs who didnt join in.

So not brave Michael.

Heres my team for Coventry .

Hornby

Wilson Anderson Gunning Denton

Worrall Middleton Harness Defrietas

Turner Pope

No Davis Smith Kay Lainton Montano

Centre halfs to slow and r costing us as that one switch off every game is going put us non league .

Nothing against Davis but i think Wilson and Worrall could build a fantastic bond down the left and Denton and maybe defrietas down the left .

Turner give him ago off popey .

Ok new centre half pairing but why not if u watch all the goals from this season the pairing back there have been generally found wanting.

This has to be Browny's last chance saloon; he saw how positive two up front was in the second half of the Crewe game, even with 10 men, but didn't learn any of the positives by making wholesale changes yet again including scapegoating Tyler Denton by blaming him for the goal and ignoring the rest of his very good performance, bizarrely claiming to have played 4-4-3 yesterday when it was obviously 4-5-1 and then failing to change anything by making uninspiring non-tactical substitutions (and that is not a criticism of Turner or DeFreitas or Stobbs).

We need a point as an absolute minimum from this game and that's only acceptable because it's an away game. No excuses, no 'bad luck', no scapegoating individuals that didn't select themselves for the team. Another defeat has to be the last for the current team management as Brown will have had 30 games and have lost 18 of them.

Sent from my SM-A520F using the onevalefan mobile app

We've not got a hope in Hell of seeing this formation but I'd be tempted go 5-3-2. I'd have:

Lainton

Smith.Anderson.Gunning.

Denton.Whitfield.Tongue.Worrell.Wilson.

Pope.Turner.

At least we'd have someone to work off Popes knockdown, legs in midfield as well as experience and everyone playing in their proper positions. The downside is it makes us a bit narrow and depends on the full-backs ability to get up and down and get decent crosses in. Whilst Denton has the legs, I'm not so sure about his crossing ability, while Wilson has just been crap all round, but must have something about him.

I'd like to see 2 strikers.

What I think will happen is he will drop Montano or Harness, start Turner and pretend that it is 2 up front, when in fact Turner will be playing some garbage wide/tracking back role.

I'm not one of these fans that sits on a high horse about the quality of football. I'm not above us lumping the ball up to Pope all the time. But I do draw the line at watching Pope work his stones off flicking the ball to their centre backs constantly.

If you are going to play hoof ball, at least do it properly.

We've been the victim of a new breed of manager recently. Ones who think that players need to have multiple roles such and formations should be fluid, defending with 10 men. Get the basics right first before you start frigging about with anything else. Two strikers, get the ball to the big man whilst the other one anticipates that he might win the header.

It's no surprise that our best periods of play in the last two games have been at 0-1 with two strikers on, rather than 0-0 against two poor teams.

Brown scoffed at the idea that his Turner sub was too late on saturday which is extremely concerning.

We've not got a hope in Hell of seeing this formation but I'd be tempted go 5-3-2. I'd have:

Lainton

Smith.Anderson.Gunning.

Denton.Whitfield.Tongue.Worrell.Wilson.

Pope.Turner.

At least we'd have someone to work off Popes knockdown, legs in midfield as well as experience and everyone playing in their proper positions. The downside is it makes us a bit narrow and depends on the full-backs ability to get up and down and get decent crosses in. Whilst Denton has the legs, I'm not so sure about his crossing ability, while Wilson has just been crap all round, but must have something about him.

Why do you keep putting Tongue in your team he his still serving a ban for his red card (Coventry & Luton )before he can play again if the manger picks him. Gunning only had a one match ban but as only just got back in the side,

Why do you keep putting Tongue in your team he his still serving a ban for his red card (Coventry & Luton )before he can play again if the manger picks him. Gunning only had a one match ban but as only just got back in the side,

I thought it was a one match ban?? In which case I have absolutely no idea who would play as the anchor/hatchet man. Which just about says it all when we have about 35 players to pick from. Maybe Middleton then.

I thought it was a one match ban?? In which case I have absolutely no idea who would play as the anchor/hatchet man. Which just about says it all when we have about 35 players to pick from. Maybe Middleton then.

Its laughable really when we have 35 players and can't pick someone else apart from pope play up front. Transfer window striker would have been good

Sent from my iPhone using the onevalefan mobile app

3 matches for a straight red.

Archived