onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Matchday Thread: Coventry City v Port Vale

Fosse69

Advert

I take no pleasure in saying this no pleasure at all.

I hope we loose and I hope we loose at Luton.

Well if we do we're in big trouble, irrelevant of wether or not it results in the sacking of Michael Brown. We'd be cut off at the bottom of the league with either a failing management team or no management team. Surely a better wish is that Brown turns it around, starting today?

Sent from my SM-A520F using the onevalefan mobile app

Surely to goodness we have enough ability in the squad to do better than this.

It struck me in the first half last week how poor the standard of football was, with balls flying through the air back and forth like a game of tennis. It was appalling stuff and very low quality fare. The league above is of a much higher standard.

We need a group of lads who are physically strong and organised and determined, who can win high balls and compete and win 50:50s. There are a few too many lightweights in there at the moment who don't win their personal battles, can't head a ball and lose 50:50 challenges. A lad like Gunning is a good call because he's the type who can thrive in this league.

That is the sad thing Sage. I am a season ticket holder but first home game I could get to was Notts County . They were no better than us.

Well if we do we're in big trouble, irrelevant of wether or not it results in the sacking of Michael Brown. We'd be cut off at the bottom of the league with either a failing management team or no management team. Surely a better wish is that Brown turns it around, starting today?

We are a boil,and bloody big boil and it needs lancing,nothing would give me greater pleasure to see Brown turn it round,but in the big scheme of things its prolonging the agony.

My/our club is an utter shambles and as long as the Fat One is there we will sink deeper and deeper into oblivion.

We are a boil,and bloody big boil and it needs lancing,nothing would give me greater pleasure to see Brown turn it round,but in the big scheme of things its prolonging the agony.

My/our club is an utter shambles and as long as the Fat One is there we will sink deeper and deeper into oblivion.

You are correct in your identification of the root cause but I'm worried that Brown failing will not trigger the positive change we need, just see us sink further.

Slimcia Smurthwaite is just as likely (or not) to sell with us mid table as us going out of the league.

I had a dream, we were playing with 2 up front, then I woke up to a nightmare. Oh dear, where are we going? Not to Highfield Road full of high spirits as in 1958, but full of uncertainty to a rented rugby ground, how the world has changed. As to the game, will lessons have been learnt and implemented, will injured players return? I think the feeling is that a single striker needs to be fast, or if not has to have adequate service in the scoring area, otherwise Pope has to have a runner with him to work as a pair. Cov have not scored in their last 3 league games with just a point at Chesterfield, I would be tempted to give Pope a rest and go for a fast young attack, but I am not picking the team, just waiting for the tide to turn.

Today the nightmare that's an end to portvales league status continues as they take another step towards non league football under a Grimm reaper of an owner !!😱👻

I take no pleasure in saying this no pleasure at all.

I hope we loose and I hope we loose at Luton.

Why would you though?

You think the absolute rag tag team at vale are going to employ anyone any less inept than the current management team?

Nothing will change until the club is in new hands. Vale just have to hope that they can muster enough wins to stay in the football league.

With this is mind i hope to God Vale win today.

Im amazed we found a worse manager than Rob Page, and then to find one worse than Bruno is literally incredible. We can't possibly get any worse surely? Smurf appointing himself will probably only at least match Browns record.

Really hoping the team prove a lot of people wrong today, so I'm going 1 - 0 with a Pope header against the run of play. Mental.

Archived