onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Matchday Thread: Port Vale v Notts County

Fosse69

Another tough day.

Driving home and Brown discusses a game that must have been played at another Vale park somewhere other than Burslem! Every time it's the same groundhog day feeling (just like last season).

Lee Blakeman is a one isn't he. It's the tone of his voice that makes every caller sound like a tosser. Should be time for "Blakeman OUT!"

Going to be a long season. But I've seen this many times before. For the youngsters it's their first time but they'll get used to it.

As for the game I thought Harness was having another goodish game and he was taken off again?????

Pope just isn't fast enough.

Worrall was my man of the match along with the goalie Linton.

Everyone else just average.

Notts County poor side. All the sides we've played have been poor so it's a pretty dismal division.

Advert

4-4-2 isn't old fashioned at all really. You can quite easily play 442 and actually change the roles in it. We could quite easily play with two wide wingers and two central midfielders at home and change to a diamond away with the two wide men tucking in, a defensive central player sitting and worrall linking up with the front two, all set for counter attack.

Sent from my iPhone using the onevalefan mobile app

Wingers at home,wingbacks away.Matt,I think we agree that 2 should be up top.:wink:

BBC football 'expert', and he can't even pronounce Grimsbys ground name properly. He thinks he's being clever getting aggressive with callers, when in actual fact he's just showing how bad he and his tin-pot radio station are. Blakeman is very fortunate to be in the job he is, with such a level of patronising incompetence.

Ive never liked radio sjoke and never will when they cover crwho games they aren't from stoke-on-Trent so why??

And Blake man is a pi@@ taker!

So I don't here the managers comments only second hand but it sounds as though he talked ****

Sent from my iPhone using the onevalefan mobile app

What I don't get is when John rudge was here we played 4-5-1 away with a nippy forward up top who could get in behind and 4-4-2 at home why can't we do this now ?

Sent from my iPhone using onevalefan

Whether Brown stays or goes 4 4 2 is unlikely to come back. How many teams play that way now? County were a bit of an exception and we conceded as soon as we went 4 4 2. The game is lost in midfield, so unless you've got 2 outstanding players you will always struggle against 4 5 1 home or away.

So glad i didn't have a season ticket this season. Unfortunately did have a flex10 and have been all 3 games so far, only 7 more games to endure.

In his post match interview did I hear Brown say he'd received a letter of apology from the fa over Tonge's red card? If so where was he today, surely if they've admitted it was wrong then he has no suspension, or is he now injured.

I will make this quick for 65 mins we were playing for a 0-0 Harness gets taken off and we conceded yet again a very soft goal with im not sure whos fault it but was either Davis,Kay ,Smith or laintons fault .

Popes header was over the line and when clean through should have buried it.

Harness substitution ridiculous as we really in terms of possession were the better side with him and Worrall prominent.

Disappointed in manner of goal conceded and could have conceded a few more as the game closed .

We have no zip Montano a major disappointment ,im trying think of something he did get me clapping like mad .

The effort was there but to slow all over the pitch and this long ball mainly rubbish to Pope is certainly not working .

Easy if u r a scout scouting the Vale u would just put your best header of the ball on popey.

Another low but luckily theres more to life than a bag of wind .

Brown well if u thought that was a good performance and thats the maximum u can get out the group then u r so deluded .

The final ball atrocious ,corners abysmal ,no movement ,no dummy runs no nothing .

Id say u have to try something different up front at home as most teams aint getting turned they just rolling up and foing the basics well knowing our lot r bound give the opposition a goal.

In his post match interview did I hear Brown say he'd received a letter of apology from the fa over Tonge's red card? If so where was he today, surely if they've admitted it was wrong then he has no suspension, or is he now injured.

I couldn't believe that. I was told the club had appealed the red card and the appeal had been rejected?

By the way, just seen the goal on the telly - Alessandra put it in with his arm. Surprised Brown wasn't banging on about that as well.

Bit of a strange thing to say if we didn't appeal. FA not known for apologising, sounded very odd.

I couldn't believe that. I was told the club had appealed the red card and the appeal had been rejected?

By the way, just seen the goal on the telly - Alessandra put it in with his arm. Surprised Brown wasn't banging on about that as well.

That ref wouldn't have seen it unless it was one of our players who had handled it. He was the plonker who was the linesman at Old Trafford in 2005 when a Spurs effort (actually it was John O'Shea) was way over the line but he felt it hadn't crossed the line

And don't forget we played well and are only 5 points away from the play offs. He seemed to think that was a good sign. It would mean we would only be 45 points away from the play offs by the end of the season. One of the most bizarre interviews I've heard for a while.

If anyone who supports brown has the heart, time or money to waste by going to the away game against Accrington, have a lol around and remind yourself that they are in the automatic promotion places and we are in the bottom 2. Then let us know how brown and his massive squad has been hampered by his budget.

Archived