onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Matchday Thread: Leeds U v Port Vale

Fosse69

Not awful but not a lot to excite me.

We looked alright first half, allowing them a lot of the ball and looking threatening on the break and set pieces. Largely kept them to long shots and their fluke 1st.

2nd was poor. Very deep, Saiz turns the screw, we collapse. He's a cracking player. We didn't string a forward pass together and it was either backwards or hoofball.

Good: both keepers, Kay, Tonge, Forrester, set pieces, resilience 1st half.

Bad: lack of passing in any form, Davis, Pope.

Overall, a battling 1st half spoilt by static defending, woeful passing, and their number 21. As with Saturday, some positives but lots to work on.

Wish we'd gone for it a little bit more and kept Forrester on.

Advert

How many years is it since we did anything in a cup competition .

To many i tell u tonight was about making a statement .

The manager failed the players failed .

The Vale will never get people in the ground unless they win big cup ties .

Tonge and Pugh dont have the legs and Brown doesnt have the ability to deliver .

A 4-1 tells u all u need to know .

Two leagues higher so what where the Vale gone who represented under Rudgie where we taking Arsenal to pens thrashing Everton under the floodlights and hammering Stoke in the rain .

Its rubbish even Crawley had us on the back foot all second half .

Ffs what have we become

Football has changed since the 90's. The money has made it different. Leeds' player cost 3 million. Our whole budget is 1 million at the very, very most.

Sent from my E2303 using the onevalefan mobile app

Gunning is a Pratt, that was a ridiculous challenge.

I thought when he got his first yellow that he's too rash (as previous clubs' fans have said) and that he's going to be a guaranteed card per game player, but that second yellow was just plain madness and shows what a hothead he obviously is. You could almost see the red mist coming down on him as the Leeds lad toyed with the ball in front of him.

Thing is, as Andy in Derek I'm Gutted says in the latest issue, it'd be a bit rich for either Brown or Morgan to have a go at players for anything like that, bearing in mind how they played the game!

Shame, as Gunning didn't look too bad defensively, psychotic episodes aside!

Clutching at straws for positives it was good to see Forrester back and he did OK and held the ball up well.

Tonge and Pugh dont have the legs and Brown doesnt have the ability to deliver .

Two leagues higher so what where the Vale gone who represented under Rudgie where we taking Arsenal to pens thrashing Everton under the floodlights and hammering Stoke in the rain .

Ffs what have we become

Dont you think you are going a bit over the top here, compared to the garbage we had last season , you are moaning about the side we have now ? FFS 1 lge game into the season, which we did win in case you forget , and you are moaning your bag off. Unbelievable.

Sent from my LG-H340n using the onevalefan mobile app

Ffs what have we become

Well back in the Everton era we were a top end Championship club to what Leeds were tonight and were only 1 division off top tier teams.

We are as close to the Conference North in league places than we were to Leeds tonight and it showed.

It is sad, but for us to get back to being a tier 2 club, it would take millions of sustained investment.

Cup runs are rare, usually when we are mid table comfort in L1 or the Championship, now is not the time or the place to worry about the LC. A solid position in the top 7 is the priority for when the FA Cup comes around, a TV spot with a big club would bring in some money. So for a few months the league is our only priority.

Ffs what have we become

Are you Erniemossrules????

Dont you think you are going a bit over the top here, compared to the garbage we had last season , you are moaning about the side we have now ? FFS 1 lge game into the season, which we did win in case you forget , and you are moaning your bag off. Unbelievable.

Not moaning just a observation.

Sutton Utd beat these last season .

Why we so afraid .

What the hell is wrong with these players .

The side we have now what amount to anything .

A centre half at right back and left back ,playing 2 up front v Leeds who had all the ball generally cause we respected them to much 1 up front v Crawley who had us stuck in our own half all half bar Turners goal .

Brown im sorry he aint up to the job ,he wasnt any good in league one what makes u think he is going be any good in league 2 .

The reality is we r conference bound .

I thought when he got his first yellow that he's too rash (as previous clubs' fans have said) and that he's going to be a guaranteed card per game player, but that second yellow was just plain madness and shows what a hothead he obviously is. You could almost see the red mist coming down on him as the Leeds lad toyed with the ball in front of him.

Thing is, as Andy in Derek I'm Gutted says in the latest issue, it'd be a bit rich for either Brown or Morgan to have a go at players for anything like that, bearing in mind how they played the game!

Shame, as Gunning didn't look too bad defensively, psychotic episodes aside!

Clutching at straws for positives it was good to see Forrester back and he did OK and held the ball up well.

Gunning's first yellow was to stop a breakaway in first half injury time.

I had a feeling that it was Davis who Saiz spat at, there was an incident between the pair of them midway during the second half.

Ffs what have we become

A League 2 side with an owner whose reckless experiment ended in relegation. Now we have to rebuild and it may take a few seasons or more to do it. It's going to be a long hard slog.

Archived