onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Match thread: Kidsgrove v Port Vale

robf

Advert

I really don't see the obsession with Eagles. Most of the time he was poor, average at best and most of the hype was due to the goal he scored at Walsall. Let's move on and sign Whitehouse instead.

Sent from my iPhone using the onevalefan mobile app

Most of the games I saw he stood out. Baring the first 2/3 in which he was poor. Every other match he looked like our only threat.

You've got to have players who can score goals from midfield and are natural goalscorers, ones who can change a game with a bit of individual brilliance. That's why I mentioned Eagles. As the season drew to a close he was our one and only player who for me had a bit of magic in his boots and could grab a goal out of nowhere.

It's ok saying let's go for this young lad and let's see what DeF can do but we need a proven scorer in midfield. One of the big reasons why we went down was because the midfield was hopeless. How many goals did they collectively score? Fewer than Doods. Fewer than Eagles too I imagine. Reeves? Pugh? Tavares? De Freitas? Pereira? Shadipo? Grant? Foley? It was absolutely embarrassing.

I want to see us sign a midfielder who can get us 8-10 goals. It's a long shot but a priority for me.

Eagles - once he was fitter - was as good as any of our front six and better than most.

Regarding Eagles,i dont want any player to sign who doesn't want to play for us and from his actions he clearly feels he is better than us,so as said above time to move on now....maybe Montano will add a few goals from midfield

Couldn't agree more. He's shown that he doesn't want to sign for us, I'd be disappointed if he did now.

You've got to have players who can score goals from midfield and are natural goalscorers, ones who can change a game with a bit of individual brilliance. That's why I mentioned Eagles. As the season drew to a close he was our one and only player who for me had a bit of magic in his boots and could grab a goal out of nowhere.

It's ok saying let's go for this young lad and let's see what DeF can do but we need a proven scorer in midfield. One of the big reasons why we went down was because the midfield was hopeless. How many goals did they collectively score? Fewer than Doods. Fewer than Eagles too I imagine. Reeves? Pugh? Tavares? De Freitas? Pereira? Shadipo? Grant? Foley? It was absolutely embarrassing.

I want to see us sign a midfielder who can get us 8-10 goals. It's a long shot but a priority for me.

Eagles - once he was fitter - was as good as any of our front six and better than most.

These players are like gold dust unless they take penalties, when was the last time we had a midfielder that could do that regularly, JMW who had some daft critics?

I take your point but he'd just be an unhappy player wishing he was somewhere else.

I don't think he would. I understand that side of the argument but eagles isn't that young in football terms and is probably just trying to secure the very best deal. He's a very good player and would be an asset for us in league 2.

I don't think he would. I understand that side of the argument but eagles isn't that young in football terms and is probably just trying to secure the very best deal. He's a very good player and would be an asset for us in league 2.

It's pretty clear that Eagles wants to play at an higher level and you can't really blame him.He proved last season that he can hold his own in League One and he's obviously holding out for late offers.He might even only want to play for the second half of a season again?

How did Walker do?

I remember him from playing Bury last season and he looked good. Strong on the ball with a good left foot.

It's nice to see us look at promising young players with a bit of experience released by higher league clubs again. We've not done that very well since the days of Horton!

How did Walker do?

I remember him from playing Bury last season and he looked good. Strong on the ball with a good left foot.

It's nice to see us look at promising young players with a bit of experience released by higher league clubs again. We've not done that very well since the days of Horton!

He only played the first half. Started a bit slowly but improved a lot as the half went on.

Yeah i agree, I like Whitehouse and I liked Tom Walker.

I think they will be given at least another game but it depends if they have trials lined up with other clubs..the problem with trialists is that if they play well then it attracts other clubs to their availability

I'd tell Eagles to **** off back Accy.

Sent from my iPhone using onevalefan

Cavalier i agree totally, heart not at Vale. Guarantee you as with Marshall if he signs for someone else and does the business this site will be a hotbed of why didn't we go the extra yard to sign him.

As well as Marshall did for Bradford he wanted to leave Vale then did a u-turn and came back cap in hand.

Cue loads of people saying it was Smurfs fault !!!

Mr Eagles you were great at times and a very clever player, sometimes too clever for the dross we had in our team, however if you do not want to play for us after we offered you a shop window, then bye bye and we move on to somebody who actually gives a S**t

Archived