onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Signings?

WalterJ

Brown should not be held responsible for failing to sign anyone, if the budget was as good as some say signings would have been made, how much of the budget has gone on paying off Smurthwaites failed experiment?

Sent from my F5321 using the onevalefan mobile app

What failed experiment? He said he'd get us out of League One and he delivered.

Advert

Bikey and Eagles are reluctant to sign because they hope for another club to want their services.

In a couple of weeks when no other club wants them they will sign for the Vale.

They will be reluctant players who's heart would not be in Port Vale.

They should be told to buzz off now because the club are looking for their playing position replacements.. They've had plenty of time to decide.

Oh so they havent been on holiday then

Brown should not be held responsible for failing to sign anyone, if the budget was as good as some say signings would have been made, how much of the budget has gone on paying off Smurthwaites failed experiment?

Sent from my F5321 using the onevalefan mobile app

How do you know the budget is the reason? There could be multiple reasons for the lack of signings and that could be one of many. Yet always focused on to fit the agenda.

Just heard a rumour that Vale have beaten Stoke to sign Wayne Rooney and Brown has blown all his budget on one signing.

Even Martino couldn't come up with that.season ticket sales have gone through the roof.

At least it keeps the fans interested as there does not seem to be imminent signings.

Brown should give Bikey and Eagles a week to sign or forget them.

Just heard a rumour that Vale have beaten Stoke to sign Wayne Rooney and Brown has blown all his budget on one signing.

Even Martino couldn't come up with that.season ticket sales have gone through the roof.

At least it keeps the fans interested as there does not seem to be imminent signings.

Brown should give Bikey and Eagles a week to sign or forget them.

What about the rest he has offered contracts to do they get a week aswell.

On the contrary, they are being disrespectful to the club, decent pros or not is besides the point.

They are more or less saying,'I'll only play for Port Vale if no other club wants me'

Are they not saying "if Vale's offer is the best for me and my family then I will sign so I'm going to wait to see if a better offer comes in." . So tey may be wanted elsewhere but it's not so good an offer. They have no loyalty to Port Vale and Port Vale should only sign them if its in the interests of Port Vale to do so.

now they're on about having concerts roll up and watch cold play verses crewe.and womens footy to bring money in well what about the main money spinner which is division 2 football,the hierarchy seem to be thinking outside the box at pres.

Wot - No signings still ? ?

In times past Vale always had at least two real quality signings made to excite the fans for the coming season.

this close season, Tom alone.

Looks like we could be possibly signing, Ozzy Osbourne - he will need a bat (I don't mean Cricket)

If Elvis is found in Tesco's we'll sign him ?

It will rival Glastonbury - the fans can pitch their tents on Stanfields

:smile:

Imagine being offered a job that you really enjoy doing and it paid more than £500 a week.

Would you tell the would be employer that you have other irons in the fire and that you are going on holiday in a couple of weeks time whereafter you would consider the job?

Would the wouldbe employer say 'O.K. sonny have nice holiday and let me know at your convenience'

If Bikey and Eagles eventually decide to decline the offer of the contract, is M.Brown shrewd enough to have their replacements lined up and ready to sign?

Imagine being offered a job that you really enjoy doing and it paid more than £500 a week.

Would you tell the would be employer that you have other irons in the fire and that you are going on holiday in a couple of weeks time whereafter you would consider the job?

Would the wouldbe employer say 'O.K. sonny have nice holiday and let me know at your convenience'

If Bikey and Eagles eventually decide to decline the offer of the contract, is M.Brown shrewd enough to have their replacements lined up and ready to sign?

Yes. Managers have lists of players for each position lined up in order of preference (Or some variation of this). They will be talking to all of them at the same time.

Not only has Brown been in the business for 20+ years, he's got people surrounding who know the business inside and out. I hugely doubt he's winging it.

Yes. Managers have lists of players for each position lined up in order of preference (Or some variation of this). They will be talking to all of them at the same time.

Not only has Brown been in the business for 20+ years, he's got people surrounding who know the business inside and out. I hugely doubt he's winging it.

Based on last season I beg to differ.

In fairness Tony, it is not like another job offer in that reasonable players know there are always going to be other choices. Family and friends may matter too, kids schooling and all sorts of travel considerations or even moving house.

Bikey and Eagles may have been ok with travelling a long way or temporary accommodation for a while at the end of last season, but a longer contract may mean a location move, same for others.

We are at least a bit luckier than the Exeters and Carlisles in that a lot of places are within travelling distance.

Perhaps we will get some news next week, and as soon as we do all the worry about not signing anyone will be forgotten. As someone else pointed out, there were weeks last summer where a couple a day were flying in, and look how that ended up !

Archived