onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Tavares

j_grainger10

None of last year's top seven earners on the notorious secret list is now at the club.

A credit to Michael Brown for looking forward, I have said elsewhere I don't have any bad feelings towards those who have gone and wish them well, but let's be honest those that have gone (other than Streete and Foley) would have had trouble making up a five-a-side team that would win an under-12's league.

The strong management action taken means that Brown can get on with building his own side, and have a chance to impose his own management style on players that HE has chosen rather than Smurf/Bruno's Ebay and Littlewoods catalogue men.

Advert

A credit to Michael Brown for looking forward, I have said elsewhere I don't have any bad feelings towards those who have gone and wish them well, but let's be honest those that have gone (other than Streete and Foley) would have had trouble making up a five-a-side team that would win an under-12's league.

The strong management action taken means that Brown can get on with building his own side, and have a chance to impose his own management style on players that HE has chosen rather than Smurf/Bruno's Ebay and Littlewoods catalogue men.

Just hope he doesn't wait until end of July to make his signings.

All the good players will have been snapp d up and he will be left with the ones no one else wanted.

Just hope he doesn't wait until end of July to make his signings.

All the good players will have been snapp d up and he will be left with the ones no one else wanted.

Patience mate! At least we Valiants can now feel assured that Brown has stamped his authority on matters and it's down to him to formulate a proper squad capable of not only pleasing us fans but ensuring his managerial career dictates just how he wants to be known as. I am now beginning to warm to a resurgence of our mighty Club.

Sent from my SM-G920F using the onevalefan mobile app

Wouldn't it have been better get rid of Brown rather than nearly all the foreign players of whom most are no worse than the English players within the squad.

The Tavares, Grant and Foley combination was key to any decent results achieved last season and he could easily have been one of league two's best players next season.

Surely ADF even though non English must be seen as a key player for next season.

Are you being serious here? Get rid of brown rather than the players that all season home and away have been proven NOT to be good enough???

Foley wasn't got rid of and grant effectively got rid of himself.

Unbelievable!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Are you being serious here? Get rid of brown rather than the players that all season home and away have been proven NOT to be good enough???

Foley wasn't got rid of and grant effectively got rid of himself.

Unbelievable!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

He is right that Foley, Grant and Tavares were a half-decent midfield but as soon as Grant foolishly got himself a long suspension, Vale plummeted down the table. He wanted to go, and when he went I hate to admit it, but we missed him badly.

Now that Foley has gone as well we have lost 90 per cent of that effectiveness in midfield - I don't want to be harsh on Tavares but I would say his contribution to the combination was not more than 10 per cent.

As for getting rid of Brown, I really can't see why anyone would say that - or post tanks for it - when he is just beginning to impose his authority and things are beginning to take shape for a revival. Your opinion, and ok we differ, but Brown in my opinion is one of the clubs biggest assets.

In his next interview Brown needs to be asked whether there have been any payoffs which have been financed out of the 17-18 playing budget.

He can't turn round this time next year and say we couldn't afford better players because we were pushed to the wall getting rid of the old ones.

In his next interview Brown needs to be asked whether there have been any payoffs which have been financed out of the 17-18 playing budget.

He can't turn round this time next year and say we couldn't afford better players because we were pushed to the wall getting rid of the old ones.

I raised this in another topic.

The large blue shadow had made it clear previously that he "would right the wrongs of his crazy international venture" so he must be dipping into his jar to pay these dead beats off? Fradley and/or Garlick now have to stand up and inform the fan base what effect this had on Browns budget. I will not hold my breath!

The large blue shadow had made it clear previously that he "would right the wrongs of his crazy international venture" so he must be dipping into his jar to pay these dead beats off? Fradley and/or Garlick now have to stand up and inform the fan base what effect this had on Browns budget. I will not hold my breath!

Didn't Norman say that if his gambled "project" didn't work, it wouldn't financially detriment the club?

And Norman has never lied or made something up in his life... :unsure:

Might have been answered already.

Is this paying up contracts being funded by Smurf, or are they more directors loans?

Is there really a need to know that information though? How much do we as fans need to know about the budget? I know I'm not bothered either way, who he signs & the season ahead will tell us if Brown is good enough, not the amount he has to spend.

Yes it may slightly affect who we bring in, but we've also been told he has a competitive budget for L2 & is happy with it, so if we have another crap season, he has no excuse now.

Is there really a need to know that information though? How much do we as fans need to know about the budget? I know I'm not bothered either way, who he signs & the season ahead will tell us if Brown is good enough, not the amount he has to spend.

Yes it may slightly affect who we bring in, but we've also been told he has a competitive budget for L2 & is happy with it, so if we have another crap season, he has no excuse now.

I'm with you on this. We have an obsession with the clubs finances. Wait to see who we bring in before deciding if we are skint.

Constant debating on who has paid what is getting us nowhere.

Many of last seasons players have gone and the first team is looking rather depleted.

Here's hoping that we shall soon see some good quality footballers being signed which would enforce a determined promotion effort.

I agree. Also, what's the point in keeping players when you think they can't help you? Better to pay them off and claw back some of their salary to spend elsewhere than to have 2 training ground bodies for the season that could potentially cause problems in the changing room.

Archived