onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Retained List

Gareths54

Advert

That's as maybe, but he has that contract and that's that. The only thing you can do is offer something like offer half his contract if you think he is not worth 1k a week. Then you have still spent 50k of the wage bill, and of course that is if he accepts the offer.
What would his agent`s response be?

I'd like to see Tavares given another go. Early season last year he looked the real deal at times. He has played at a higher level than most of our players (Bikey and Eagles excepted), by all accounts he is doing a lot of work coaching the youngsters which doesn't suggest to me that he wants to just sit at home and pick up his wages. I hope Brown or whoever has given him a programme for getting fit over the next 6 weeks so he can come back and show people that he is too good for League 2.

In regards to ability there won't be too many midfield in League Two that can get near to him. It just depends on whether he can adapt his game a little better after being here for a year now, in what will be an even more physical league.

What would his agent`s response be?

Does his agent get 10% of the Tavares's wages? Or who knows what arrangements players found themselves in from the crazy days of summer 2016. The interests of the player and the agent should align, and tbf Tavares is old enough and seems smart enough to know what his best interests are. If he loses a bit of money but gets to return home to the Segunda Liga he'd probably be alright with that. Depends if he has another club to go to and how much money he stands to lose, perhaps other factors, has he got a house here, is he home sick? Who knows?

For my money, I'd pay off Tavares and Mbamba if they would accept half their salaries and walk, would use the money saved for a quality goal scoring midfielder or striker.

Neither are going to feature much next season, Tavares tippy tappy football won't cut it in lge 2 never mind his lack of pace and physicality. Mbamba just isn't good enough.

If both stay, which because of their contracts they might, then it will be up to Brown to get the best/improve them. That's what good managers do.

If both stay, which because of their contracts they might, then it will be up to Brown to get the best/improve them. That's what good managers do.

Loan the buggers out get some club to cover a a substantial part of their wages.

Sorry don't get it if we loan players from other clubs we want them to pay the wages, if we send our players on loan we want the clubs that are taking them to pay there wages which is which.

if you say so.who am I to argue with the local mensa brain.

So if we want to keep a player and he doesn't want to sign, we should have just told he we will be keeping his registration? Like that's ever happened. I think the bosman ruling passed you by all those years ago.

Maybe a good pre-season's training and a better organised and stronger team (mentally as well as physically) can help the likes of De Freitas, Tavares and Knops (when fit) to adjust more to our game and play bigger roles than they did previously. Who knows?

Archived