onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Record-low season ticket sales at this point?

smithie

Advert

Somebody just posted in one of the groups on FB that they just tried to buy their ST & have been told to wait a few days. Probably incentives coming out, but I'd rather it was the sale of the club.

Surely this figure of 500 sold is the lowest for decades? I'm assuming May is the cut-off for the Early Bird offer ( I wouldn't know, as I've had no communication about it despite being a regular season ticket holder).

I've no doubt that the offers soon to be announced are a rather desperate response to the sales tally so far.

The Brown appointment hasn't helped this.

I'm surprised (although shouldn't be) that the clown in charge didn't think to reduce the prices immediately after our relegation. Why should people pay the same amount to watch league two football when we know the player budget will be much lower than last season. We were already the joint second most expensive cheapest season ticket in league one http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/37953195 and at the current price will be the most expensive in league 2! This is in a fairly poor, working class area with a Premier League team down the road who offer season tickets from £294. It's no wonder our attendances are falling!

Combine this with the appointment of a manager who got us relegated (I don't solely blame him) on permanent basis, departure of our best players since January and the Norman Smurthwaite saga over the last few seasons, I'd be amazed if we sell more than 1,500 in total.

Is that something to boast about?

You really don't need to take it on fans who are still willing to support the team. While I imagine nearly every single Vale fan wants Norman out, I applaud the ones who are still willing to find the money to watch their team every other Saturday.

Archived