onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Ex-Chairman's Statement

valeparklife

Advert

I'm not taken in by this I'm stepping down as chairman ***p, he's at it again.

Until such time that the club, lock stock and all is sold he is still the owner.

Who in the right mind would buy a business £1.25M, invest (reputedly) £3.7M, and then hand it all over to a couple of individuals to run that he hardly knows without having any input at all. Come on who's he kidding.

I don't mean this disrespectful to the couple of individuals that have been named so far.

Monkeys and organ grinder spring to mind.

No he wouldn't. The playing and backroom staff budget would suffer but instead of loaning the club £80k per month, he'd be receiving money from the club without reducing the amount the club owes to him.

Exactly, and there'd be even less chance to recoup is money if the playing squad was significantly reduced and if we are fighting relegation again.

It's in his best interest for us to be competitive next season but he will have to decide on where he is drawing the line in order to maximise the money he gets back when it is eventually sold.

Guest TommyMac
Exactly, and there'd be even less chance to recoup is money if the playing squad was significantly reduced and if we are fighting relegation again.

It's in his best interest for us to be competitive next season but he will have to decide on where he is drawing the line in order to maximise the money he gets back when it is eventually sold.

There is absolutely no chance of him recouping his money so he will take money out of the club until someone pays him what he wants. He couldn't care less what happens to the club. If it closes down he owns all the assets anyway.

I was kind of hoping hear a positive statement of intent from smurf about wanting to make things right and not walk away, but in this case the fans got what they asked for and i'm for one worried. i get the feeling next season is going be long and hard because i can't see this guy backing any sort of transfers.

Don't doubt you one bit but if they get nowhere over the coming weeks would they go public and start the war? If not, why not?

Ask them, I have asked the question why do they let him blacken their name, they feel people who know them will know it isn't true. My argument is that most fans don't know them. I guess that isn't their way of doing business

He's not gone. The toy is still his, but he's not playing with it, but more importantly he's not letting anyone else.

I want him out of the room, out of the house not just the chair holding us to ransom.

Sell the club, lock, stock & barrel.

I think that's what he is doing. People are getting what they want. If he stays we moan. If he says we moan. When someone else comes in ... I'm pretty sure that unless they bankrupt themselves in the name of the vale, most people on here won't like them after 12 months.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I tend to agree.

I think we're now caught between the devil and the deep blue sea as we're in a state of flux and insecurity, not knowing what the future holds but clear that our current owner won't put right his mistakes on the field and fund a promotion push.

He is right about losing fans' confidence and I guess we'll lose yet another 500 fans at least next season.

I'm not impressed by what he's said. Many of us could have told him it was a huge risk and a terrible mistake last summer but he doesn't listen to anyone. It's not loyalty to staff that is his weakness but pig-headed arrogance and a refusal to listen to people who know about how football works and an acceptance that you can't always be right.

The statement doesn't encourage me one iota. He's cocked it up and now he's taking a step back and letting us stew until he's got most of his money back.

I'm not criticising your comments and I'm no smurf apologist, but what more do you want? He is selling, has admitted that he has made a massive balls up of it all, that we have forced him out and is funding us until he goes. he has even taken a step away from ******* up the club. Surely we just need to be patient and let him sell up now.

How? he is still here, just hiding

He has said that he isn't involved in the running of the club and is actively trying to sell. Isn't that what people want?

Archived