onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Ex-Chairman's Statement

valeparklife

Advert

Seems a good statement to me where he accepts his mistakes and finally tells us how important we are, as fans.

We really do need to pull together in my opinion and the best way to do that is for Colin Garlick to reduce season ticket prices and build a buzz for next season with a proper advertising campaign.

A well worded statement and he's done the right thing. Stepping back and leaving Colin Garlick to run the place is the only course of action until the club is sold. But who is going to be the new chairman? Is it Tony Fradley and if so what does his role entail? I think the question needs answering.

It's a small step forward, but the clue there in the statement is that he won't be funding the club going forward. If he was truly devastated and understanding of the catastrophic decisions he made, then he would fund a promotion push to right the wrongs of this season. Right now, it just looks like he's given up and leaving us to fend for ourselves after he's put us in a terrible position.

I'm all for running us as a going concern without funding in normal circumstances. What I'm not keen on is that Smurf has ****** up, put us in a hole and pulled the rope away to stop us from getting out of it.

Hes admitted hes dropped an almighty b*llock, (which is plain to see and is what we predicted could happen with such a huge gamble), and he has now stepped down (which is what we wanted anyway).

Lets hope we have a better preseason in terms of recruitment with some proper structure for the club going forward.

But now though we are left with the worry of him admitting hes left us in a difficult period, and saying hes not going to fund us into league one on top of the fact we need a new owner to come and buy the club. Until then it seems we are left high and dry.

It's the first correct step towards a rebuild for us, & I'm glad he's apologised, but there's a long, long way to go yet.

Does leave a few big questions hanging, such as what will be his financial input going forward? Are we to survive on no further funds from him, or will he continue to subsidise whilst still the owner?

To me the chairman will not fund anything that needs funding (equipment, maintenance, players, staff, food and any other financial investment the club may require) moving forward.

It will solely be the income the club generates itself from the fan base and football league along with all other income generating activities (use of corporate rooms for example).

So again to me the best we can hope for is a speedy sale and a hierarchy will make the required improvements and investments to allow the club to bounce back. The longer the sale process is the more the club will stagnate and possibly detiorate. I cannot see the club progressing whilst the club has an owner who does not want to own it. Especially given the overhaul required, if for example there was the basic spine of a decent side still under contract we may have been able to make do in the meantime but I can't see a successful rebuild until it's sold.

Agree with stupers above, it's well worded. Yes he's messed up but it does take some balls to apologise when you make mistakes(especially big ones) so for that I thank him. He could easily have done a V2001, stuck his fingers in his ears, battened down the hatches and said we are where we are as I don't remember those ****** apologising when we went down before(another relegation that should not have happened either).

However the latter part of the statement is concerning in that he's not saying he'll do his utmost to put it right, it's like he's thrown the towel in to a point? I just hope he does the right thing and sells up!

Archived