onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Ex-Chairman's Statement

valeparklife

Curtains for his £3.7M too, so he can't allow that to happen.

He would sell the ground as he's split the club and ground unless he's selling the 2 together but who knows maybe he will keep hold of the ground and rent it to us

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

Advert

He has done one thing right in apologising and admitted his faults.

HOWEVER...

Stepping back and not funding anything further whilst still technically in control is not a way to make amends. If your intentions are to sell the club then fine but you still need to support it whilst it is under your domain.

We really need those who have vowed not to renew, or haven't been going down the Vale in the past few years, to come back more than ever. We are - for the time being - totally reliant on gate receipts and merchandising sales.

However, the fact that season tickets are so high is not going to attract any floaters whatsoever. So without Norms backing until he sells the club - we're in serious trouble I'm afraid.

One thing I didn't like was the statement: "Under normal circumstances that’s how I would be thinking today wanting to roll my sleeves up, plan and fund our way back to League 1 next season. Sadly, due the environment of the last few months, I do not feel that is now possible."

This, to me, is one last dig at the fans. Not needed.

As long as he's not going to be taking anything out of the club (if he's not putting in then hopefully he shouldn't be allowed) I might pop down the club shop and purchase a few things if it'll help.

What a state we're in.

To me it shows the cowardice of the man. Not prepared to cover the costs of his mistakes financially, which he promised to do when he admitted that the summer was a gamble.

I'd also like to know which of the FOUR managers he's had at the club he forgot about, and / or, didn't fully support. Or is it his final last example of his incredible lack of competence, that he's rushed through a statement without realising he's made another PR error.

Something needs to develop very soon from a sale perspective. Without a positive statement being released regarding where we are heading, ambitions, plans etc we're not going to be the first choice for any potential new signings (league 2 level players aren't on great salaries...they will be looking for security and future potential just like we would when looking for a new job)...fans also need something to entice them back...an unstable club in limbo isn't going to generate season ticket sales.

A fair and honest statement but very worrying times ahead.

As Johnny Nash once said, "there are more questions than answers".

He's withdrawing but he's not gone. He's still lurking in the background, round our ankles like a ball and chain.

He is doing this on his own terms and he will only sell on his own terms. How charitable do you think he will be?

This is probably the worst possible outcome of the way the supporters have treated Smurf in the last few months.

The budget is going to be cut dramatically.

He won't put a penny more in, so it won't be a huge concern of his to sell up. He will wait out until he gets an offer that suits him and NOT the club.

Garick will have his hands tied.

No snappy decisions with regards to the new season.

All we can hope is that Synetics do actually want to buy the club and move swiftly.

The statement is a reflection of a disasterous season and a chairman that has beacked himself AND has been backed into a corner where there was/is no option but to release the statement that he as. It takes a big man to admit his mistakes and he has quite clearly realised the past seasons errors (not just this season). However, the past few months of social media badger baiting by all sides have left an untennable position between both Smurf and the fans hence the final parts of the statement.

Our Chairman is a business man and will not want to see his investment recoup no returns so he will stay and find a 'buyer' the same as anyone else who has invested money into any company. The fear no further investment from Smurf is worrying as now we have to as intimated in the letter fund ourselves via the CEO and ticket sales. Here lies a dilemma, if we can not fund ourselves then the club will slide into debt the the possibilty of administration, all investment will be lost and the club will be a non league club at the best (with the points deduction). Our chairman will not want this, so I think enough support will come from his company to keep us treading water financially until a buyer is found but nothing more.

It is sad reflection of how our season has ended and the situation the club is now left in, a relagated club, an onwer who feels he can not carry on(and not even coming to home games!) and a fan base that does not trust a word the club says. Not good, not healthy and very very worrying.

Archived