onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Ex-Chairman's Statement

valeparklife

Advert

Its almost cute to see Yukon and Regal Beagle try and reassure eachother that they're in the right after they've been proven to be so horrendously wrong.

"I'm just not a hysterical anti-smurfer, no sir, I'm nice and sensible. All these other ones who warned us what would go wrong, now THEY'RE the silly ones."

Good for you boys, keep at it!

But it will not change anything, we have to learn from the last few seasons and move on, he has not gone yet.

But what is the price? Does it matter to Norman if it is partially funded as a loan since he would get his money, also would he accept a rent then purchase of Vale Park, possible sharing of commercial income during that period. Risks to Norman if club folds during rental period? Advantage to fans, they know the club is in their hands and ensure gates/income improve, assuming trust in a local company, other than an unknown trust fund.

I have no idea if a price has been offered, just a notice of their renewed interest. I would have thought the price could be negotiated. It should make no difference to Norman if they are borrowing money, but seeing as he made this the main reason he turned them down before he won't back down. He was happy to have a rent and purchase at the 3 year point before with them. Risk to Norman if club folds during rental period are minimal, he will still own the land.

Seeing as you speak so highly of him I take it he's a good mate of yours then, Tim?

got to know of him during setting up the supporters club days and subsequent events. He is an amiable enough chap but is merely a puppet for Norman. I doubt he will wield any influence over how the club is run

I have no idea if a price has been offered, just a notice of their renewed interest. I would have thought the price could be negotiated. It should make no difference to Norman if they are borrowing money, but seeing as he made this the main reason he turned them down before he won't back down. He was happy to have a rent and purchase at the 3 year point before with them. Risk to Norman if club folds during rental period are minimal, he will still own the land.
We can only hope he will change his mind then. Depends on the other offers I suppose, but he maybe getting tired of his attempt at football investment, although money may well sit on his mind.

And what difference will that make? Norman pulled the plug on their purchase first time because they merely did what any normal business person, including himself, would have done in the circumstances. The bs about not selling to them because they were to borrow money is just a Norman smokescreen. Norman won't sell to them because of his own arrogance and Synectics going public won't change Norman's arrogant nature

Like I said before, owning a football club is a very public investment and although I agree that an investment such as this should be done in a professional manner I think they would benefit from letting the fans (main stakeholders) aware of their interest....from experience, having strong public/fan support is worth a lot in these situations.

I also can't slate NS for turning down a decent offer when I don't even know that the offer exists.

Its almost cute to see Yukon and Regal Beagle try and reassure eachother that they're in the right after they've been proven to be so horrendously wrong.

"I'm just not a hysterical anti-smurfer, no sir, I'm nice and sensible. All these other ones who warned us what would go wrong, now THEY'RE the silly ones."

Good for you boys, keep at it!

How can I be wrong when I have never nailed my flag to a post? You don't get it do you.

got to know of him during setting up the supporters club days and subsequent events. He is an amiable enough chap but is merely a puppet for Norman. I doubt he will wield any influence over how the club is run
I suppose we now rely on Garlick`s Rochdale experience, and whatever budget for football and commercial activities he can squeeze out, prior to any sale however distant.

Like I said before, owning a football club is a very public investment and although I agree that an investment such as this should be done in a professional manner I think they would benefit from letting the fans (main stakeholders) aware of their interest....from experience, having strong public/fan support is worth a lot in these situations.

I also can't slate NS for turning down a decent offer when I don't even know that the offer exists.

he was happy to accept their offer first time around until they questioned him over an undisclosed legal matter, he didn't like that.

BTW well done to PureVale, our very own Mystic Meg who posted on 30.04

NS to stay as owner.

New chairman to be announced as Tony Fradley.

MB to be announced as manager on two year deal.

Club to self fund with additional revenue from share deal for others to part own with NS keeping controlling stake.

New directors to come from share deal arrangements

Player numbers to be released to be high.

Not really...the top two things were posted on here before 30th,i think we all expect MB to be named manager..the self fund had also been mentioned before the 30th.....all were certainly put on FB a few days before 30th......we expect the released number to be very high...so ita just the share thing and tbh i cant see that happening,so as much of a mystic meg as martini girl imo

Guest TommyMac
It's not in Smurthwaite's interest to charge rent at the moment. He'd be punishing the club and it's the club that owes him £3.7m. He's not getting anywhere near that if we go under.

No he wouldn't. The playing and backroom staff budget would suffer but instead of loaning the club £80k per month, he'd be receiving money from the club without reducing the amount the club owes to him.

he was happy to accept their offer first time around until they questioned him over an undisclosed legal matter, he didn't like that.

It's all forum talk though until something is said officially...not saying you are wrong though.

Archived