onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Ex-Chairman's Statement

valeparklife

Advert

Can anyone with experience of him give us a run down? V2001 supporter and we're ****** is all I have so far!

Just one of the blokes who sits in the boxes and rubs shoulders with Norman AFAIA.

His job will just be to mind the shop.

His LinkedIn profile isn't very inspiring unless skills in electrification of railways are a major part of running a football club.

You could say that about anyone involved in football - they often come to a club having had careers outside the game. This isn't so different.

I'll reserve judgement until after I've seen what he does. Actions speak louder than words.

I say give him a chance. Just because he was a fan of V2001, tbf for the first 4 or 5 years they were far better than Smurf ever has been, it was them who appointed Micky Adams.

Judge him by what happens over the next 6 months or so.

It's the first correct step towards a rebuild for us, & I'm glad he's apologised, but there's a long, long way to go yet.

Does leave a few big questions hanging, such as what will be his financial input going forward? Are we to survive on no further funds from him, or will he continue to subsidise whilst still the owner?

He is having no financial input at all,thats it from him,we have now been well and truly screwed over,my arse is he sorry i aren't buying it one bit,he can just toddle off and leave us to rot for all he cares.Then to appoint Fradley,oh my life i am fuming right now,i hope those saying how he saved us are now saying how he might well destroy us

IF he really wants to sell,name your price now Norman,if you really care sell it for what its worth and openly put it back on the market.

I say give him a chance. Just because he was a fan of V2001, tbf for the first 4 or 5 years they were far better than Smurf ever has been, it was them who appointed Micky Adams.

Judge him by what happens over the next 6 months or so.

Nah.

Anyone who defended V2001 following the lies, deceit, and incompetence is already done in my book. No coming back from that.

Nah.

Anyone who defended V2001 following the lies, deceit, and incompetence is already done in my book. No coming back from that.

Personally don't think he will have much influence on the decisions behind the scenes. It will still be Smurf as it's his money and if miraculously we have some success suddenly Smurf will come out of hiding to lap up all the glory.

Personally don't think he will have much influence on the decisions behind the scenes. It will still be Smurf as it's his money and if miraculously we have some success suddenly Smurf will come out of hiding to lap up all the glory.

Not bothered what he does. No one associated with ************** should be allowed in Vale Park, let alone as chairman.

Agreed.

Smurf's faux tears are irrelevant.

The ONLY thing that he can do to begin to repair things is to do as you say.

Alan,i know you cant/dont speak for them but do you think Synectics could make a fresh move for the club? I believe the Americans exclusivity ended on the 30th,so i would guess he is open to bids again

Alan,i know you cant/dont speak for them but do you think Synectics could make a fresh move for the club? I believe the Americans exclusivity ended on the 30th,so i would guess he is open to bids again

Synectics have bid again for the club, and Smurf has turned it down.

In a perfect world, Norman Smurthwaite would have taken us to the Championship and beyond, finished the Lorne Street up and put Burslem on the map on a global scale. He did have the club in his heart, however a lot of the decisions that were made just weren't good enough and those decisions have turned us into a League 2 side again.

This club will bounce back, it's now about sorting everything out during pre-season. I think we'd be better off keeping Brown for now up until new ownership, see what players we bring in during the summer, as he does seem to have a plan (team shakeup) if not Brown then an experienced football league manager with no connections to the club and hopefully come the beginning of August, we'll have a new chairman in and a plan for the future of our club. UTV

Sent from my SM-G935F using the onevalefan mobile app

The problem is if Garlick now has to finance the club just through revenue alone then no way on earth will you be getting an experienced manager,the concern is that we COULD very well end up with a conference size player budget as people wont commit to season tickets as it stands,i am sure of that

It's going to be journeymen and kids that make up the squad next year. Doesn't look like any clubs will be throwing money at it in League Two, and no major names (Coventry aside) to deal with. We just have to be smart with the money we have available by the looks of it. It'll be a small 1st team squad, with youth teamers adding quantity depth and utility players adding quality depth on the bench. Maybe we'll sell Smith to up the budget a bit, or hope that Hugill gets sold by Preston.

We also have to hope that any sale of Hugill or Smith doesn't go to Smurf,lets not forget he is still the owner of the club and can do what he wants,people need to realise this,i am sorry i just really cant trust him

Archived