onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Ex-Chairman's Statement

valeparklife

Regal, read Smurf's statement carefully and then consider the happenings at PVFC since May 2016, if you don't see contradictions and self pity then you are not either reading carefully enough or don't wish to read carefully enough.

I have an opend mind who eventually purchases the Vale but time is not on our side and it appears there is only one sensible option at the moment.

I understand what you are saying but what do you want Smurf to say? The statement is perfectly reasonable in the circumstances and it suggests to me that he has turned a corner (whether or not we're on the home straight to another owner is anybodies guess).

Most people agree that the right decision would be to sell the club now. That is exactly what he has said in the statement that he will do.

So now it comes down to his price and whether or not he's prepared to negotiate with all parties. I don't see why he'd reject a party because of a childish disagreement if it's a chance of him recouping a higher proportion of his losses.

Advert

Guest TommyMac

What is stopping Smurthwaite from charging rent from today omwards? It would just be an expense to be paid out of club revenue and reduce the wage budget instead of adding to his director's loans.

He doesn't make his intentions clear in his statement.

You can't help but blame the fans can you. It's beyond a joke now. Your fat parasite of a friend has had you wrapped around his little finger from day one, and you still can't see it can you.

He became Chairman of a newly promoted L1 club. The fanbase was positive, with zero resentment of his ownership. We owned the ground, had no debts, and had seen two of the highest attendances at Vale Park for decades.

In 4 years, he's taken us back to L2, riddled us with debt (owed to him), taken ownership of the ground, divided the fanbase again, and seen attendances plummet.

Now all of that has been "achieved", he has simply walked away, stuck two fingers up at us and said, you lot can sort that mess out. I'm off, but I'll still own the ground and take the rent from the new owners.

He's had everyones pants down...and yet after all that, you still find a way to blame the fans. Staggering. Wake...the ****....up!!!

If a new owner comes in, and repeats those same mistakes, you better believe it, I'll be shouting from the rooftops about how **** they are, as should every single person who has ever dared to refer to themselves as a Vale fan.

I hope to god that's not the case though. Believe it or not, despite all of the, "be careful what you wish for" and "we could be a lot worse off, look at etc etc FC" warnings you come out with... there are actually clubs out there that are run properly. They make a profit, they attract investment, they attract sponsorship, they work with the fans, not against them, they don't threaten reduced investment if fans don't turn up, they don't treat professional managers and players like dirt thus soiling the reputation of their clubs. Basically, there is another way, and it's not too much to ask for.

well put.

What is stopping Smurthwaite from charging rent from today omwards? It would just be an expense to be paid out of club revenue and reduce the wage budget instead of adding to his director's loans.

When (if?) he sells the ground has to come as part of the club. No ground = no club in the long run.

Not defending anyone, but....

He was chairman before we went up, we didnt own the ground, we had lots of debts.

Wildes was Chairman when we won promotion, we didn't own the ground, we had lots of debts (if you believe Norman) because of his own stupidity

It's not in Smurthwaite's interest to charge rent at the moment. He'd be punishing the club and it's the club that owes him £3.7m. He's not getting anywhere near that if we go under.

BTW well done to PureVale, our very own Mystic Meg who posted on 30.04

NS to stay as owner.

New chairman to be announced as Tony Fradley.

MB to be announced as manager on two year deal.

Club to self fund with additional revenue from share deal for others to part own with NS keeping controlling stake.

New directors to come from share deal arrangements

Player numbers to be released to be high.

Can anyone with experience of him give us a run down? V2001 supporter and we're ****** is all I have so far!

He was a Bratt bum licker Sam, even backed them after the AGM shenanigans. Worked as a manager at network rail, to my knowledge has never ran a business and his only football experience is watching Vale from a box. He is a puppet and he had a Thai bride who left him for another woman. Was a councillor in packmoor for a while and likes pies.

Alan,i know you cant/dont speak for them but do you think Synectics could make a fresh move for the club? I believe the Americans exclusivity ended on the 30th,so i would guess he is open to bids again

renewed interest already been lodged Karl

Why won't they make their interest in the club public?

And what difference will that make? Norman pulled the plug on their purchase first time because they merely did what any normal business person, including himself, would have done in the circumstances. The bs about not selling to them because they were to borrow money is just a Norman smokescreen. Norman won't sell to them because of his own arrogance and Synectics going public won't change Norman's arrogant nature

He was a Bratt bum licker Sam, even backed them after the AGM shenagigans. Worked as a manager at network rail, to my knowledge has never ran a business and his only football experience is watching Vale from a box. He is a puppet and he had a Thai bride who left him for another woman. Was a councillor in packmoor for a while and likes pies.

Seeing as you speak so highly of him I take it he's a good mate of yours then, Tim?

He was a Bratt bum licker Sam, even backed them after the AGM shenagigans. Worked as a manager at network rail, to my knowledge has never ran a business and his only football experience is watching Vale from a box. He is a puppet and he had a Thai bride who left him for another woman. Was a councillor in packmoor for a while and likes pies.

What has half of that got to do with anything?

Its almost cute to see Yukon and Regal Beagle try and reassure eachother that they're in the right after they've been proven to be so horrendously wrong.

"I'm just not a hysterical anti-smurfer, no sir, I'm nice and sensible. All these other ones who warned us what would go wrong, now THEY'RE the silly ones."

Good for you boys, keep at it!

renewed interest already been lodged Karl
But what is the price? Does it matter to Norman if it is partially funded as a loan since he would get his money, also would he accept a rent then purchase of Vale Park, possible sharing of commercial income during that period. Risks to Norman if club folds during rental period? Advantage to fans, they know the club is in their hands and ensure gates/income improve, assuming trust in a local company, other than an unknown trust fund.

Archived