onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Ex-Chairman's Statement

valeparklife

Apparently if you're not have a meltdown like a petulant child and/or abusing Smurf, you're pro-Smurf.

I'm sat here watching the fast majority of posters embarrass themselves, winding each other up with gossip, hear say and in some cases, total rubbish. As for abusing the new chairman before he's said or done anything is beyond belief; just who exactly is good enough to take over?

I put forward. Wise Owl or Old Sage

Advert

I dont get our fans at all, pissed off if he stays pissed off if he goes. Pissed off if he puts money in, pissed off if he doesnt.

Looks like a long summer.

I was thinking the same thing once it is sold the same ones will be digging and trying to find rubbish on them it's a never ending story for some on here

I am sorry but if anyone thinks Norman has handed control of the club to anyone else they are deluded, he is unable to do it even if he wanted to. We are talking about a man that authorised every purchase at the club from Speedys grass seeds and light bulbs to players (tbh light bulbs are worth more than some of the players we found ourselves lumbered with after his latest get rich quick scheme). All this latest announcement is is a effort to deflect the stick he has recently received, those appointed will soon find themselves merely mouthpieces for Normans policy's until he sells which at the price he wants isn't likely. He still holds the purse strings and I saw no mention of funding to get us back up. Unfortunatly winter has set in at VP and it will be a long one.

Considering the club's only been able to legally exist these past few years due to the 'goodwill of the Director' due to our insolvent trading, will Smurf's withdrawal and possible lack of funding spell legal issues for us?

Apparently if you're not have a meltdown like a petulant child and/or abusing Smurf, you're pro-Smurf.

I'm sat here watching the fast majority of posters embarrass themselves, winding each other up with gossip, hear say and in some cases, total rubbish. As for abusing the new chairman before he's said or done anything is beyond belief; just who exactly is good enough to take over?

Exactly.

Everyone has whipped themselves up into a frenzy today despite none of this 'news' being a surprise. It was rumoured days ago that Smurf would step back, Garlick would step up and this Fradley chap would become chairman. In fact, the announcements today should be treated as good news (at best) and with cautious scepticism at worst, in my opinion.

Apparently we don't have to look far for the people who are good enough to take over, a few hundred yards. I know very little about them and my stance is that Smurf should not rule out any interest party early because some people on a forum are demanding he sells to one party and no one else.

My major gripe with the voiciferous anti-smurf lot is that they constantly claim things to be fact which are a million miles away from being proven. Call them out and it's like I'm protecting the most heinous business man ever, when in fact I think the constant ******** just dilutes the proper debate and is not helping anyone.

So stop being duplicitous and state where you stand, what you mean.

I've not tried to be duplicitous. I've not dressed my own opinions up as facts. I have said on more than one thread in the past few days that if Synectics are the best party then I'm all for it. But I don't know if they are. I don't know anything at all about the other parties, and I don't know any solid details about any past or present bids from them, other than a few rumours on here.

What happens to the sale of any future players ? Hugill or Smithy, does that go towards recompensing Smurthwaites mistakes we are all expected to pay for, OR, does it go to to Fradley and Garlic to help with the running of the club ?

What happens to the sale of any future players ? Hugill or Smithy, does that go towards recompensing Smurthwaites mistakes we are all expected to pay for, OR, does it go to to Fradley and Garlic to help with the running of the club ?
Up to Garlick to explain the situation, quickly I hope.

It's a good 15 years since the club last made a profit. There is an obvious legal implication, unless the club reduce their biggest cash outflow we will become bankrupt. If we go bankrupt again we will have a massive points deduction if the club isn't liquidated. It is unlikely banks will give the club and overdraft facility without some director guarantee and I think he is unlikely to do that.

My major gripe with the voiciferous anti-smurf lot is that they constantly claim things to be fact which are a million miles away from being proven. Call them out and it's like I'm protecting the most heinous business man ever, when in fact I think the constant ******** just dilutes the proper debate and is not helping anyone.

Regal, read Smurf's statement carefully and then consider the happenings at PVFC since May 2016, if you don't see contradictions and self pity then you are not either reading carefully enough or don't wish to read carefully enough.

I have an opend mind who eventually purchases the Vale but time is not on our side and it appears there is only one sensible option at the moment.

I guess they are going about it the right way for now but i am sure at some point the sentinel will come out and have their say

To me it shows that Synectics do things correctly

Yeah I don't dispute that...and I don't question their professional judgement and integrity....Likewise, I can't get angry that Norman is turning down offers when I don't even know that they exist.

Owning a football is a very public investment and the fan in me is asking the question "if we're now on the second bid and it has been rejected, what is concerning them regarding going public with their interest?"

Perhaps there are legal agreements in place preventing such announcements...??

Takes longer than a day to sell up.

I didn't say anything to suggest that he had sold.. I'm merely pointing out he hasn't gone, just taken the cowards way out and appointed a yes man puppet in his place, you should know how that works

Garlick needs to come out ASAP and provide a statement as to where we go from here first to tell us the Management structure including the Team Manager and new Season Ticket prices

The Fans who have deserted us because of Smurf need to come back and support our club going forward as most critics have said that we need to be run within our means which in the grand scheme of things is a League Two club!

We will be a bigger fish in a smaller pond next year and we enjoy bigger gates than most of the clubs that are left so I can't see us failing to work within our turnover, its not like we have a load of Players under large contracts so it will be a situation where we have to live within our means until the club has sold

When we are eventually sold I would hope that our 'toxic' fans get behind the new regime and support whoever it is insteadd of launching vendettas to discredit them again and so we go on!!

Cant help yourself can you John. I would put you in the "toxic" category, the type of fan who backs whatever **** the owner serves up just because he has done a bit of business for him. There has never been a vendetta to discredit Norman, he has done that all by himself, the trouble is your judgement has been so clouded you haven't seen it or simply chose to ignore what he was doing.

Archived