onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Where did it go wrong.What about he Future?

melv

Advert

It went wrong when smurf thought he would be better off without page and the old players.

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

A friend of mine was saying that how he dealt with Page and the players last summer was very unprofessional, people got the impression way back then that the club was not being run properly.

I think the biggest problem with relegation is the fact that it's yet another reason for the next generation to support Stoke rather than Vale. That Knockavelli character is saying that Smurthwaite is going to increase next season's budget by 900k. Now, just for one moment forget all the stuff about Norman and players and loans and whatnot, I think it'd be far more sensible to spend a decent proportion of this hypothetical budget increase on attracting kids to the ground. Not on a game by game basis but with free season tickets. I don't know how many we sell to the under 16s but I'd rather try and persuade youth in than getting an extra player. I guess the problem is whether they'd want to come even if it was free.

It went wrong when Smurf said we could replace Pope for half his wages.

Correct, the writing was on the wall from that moment. In that single act Smurf proved that he knew absolutely nothing about football or how to run a club. It's been downhill since then and I personally think it will take 4/5 years to turn it around.

Sent from my SM-J320FN using the onevalefan mobile app

It went wrong when Smurf said we could replace Pope for half his wages.

Exactly right and the first time Smurf showed he knew absolutely bugger all about football. And what makes me chuckle is the very same vale fans who were saying Tom Pope is past it/not worth the money are the very same Vale fans who consider the sun shines out of Smurf's rear end.

In fairness its been going wrong for a long long time .

We didnt really build on promotion although we finished in a very respectable position first season.

Second season we had to rely on Neals fantastic saves and Popes fab winning goal at Yeovil after a terrible end of season yet again because behind scenes a certain someone was cutting wages and creating disharmony i believe although i cant be sure of that but i think im right .

Then last season the damaging defeat v Exeter and the financial implications of that defeat sent Smurf into meltdown which at the time i understood as i was as livid as him at the non performance of the players .

Another terrible end of season with defeat after defeat after defeat.

So because of the lame efforts yet again of the players fans walked away and season ticket sales were down yet again as folk .

Then this season ,well Bruno who got Vale playing at full pelt for 15 mins of every 90 mins the other 75 well ill let u make your own judgement of that .

Grant sulking and playing badly but still Vales man of the match on most occassions which told me how bad the other players r ( were).

Then Brown who in terms of organisation and keeping ya shape etc did ok but in terms of scoring goals and entertainment well if we had 2 goal attempts on target in a game it would be a achievement for im playing the same system every game and i aint changing it Brown .

SO ITS resulted in today .

RELEGATION .

U build a team around good pros was Duffy really that bad ,he would have done a fine job with Smith and Streete .

I liked Dodds his goals were priceless .

Id have kept him too.

Dicko is better than the lads we brought in .

Big mistakes made last Summer Page going was not the reason but u should have kept the good pros and built around them .

Smurf is the decision maker so he is to blame .

Archived