onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Matchday Thread: Oxford United v Port Vale

Fosse69

Advert

Owd Sage just been on P and G.Man on a mission.

just heard him i think to make him happy next season we should get pope back as player manager with yates his assistant so they could still run sneyd on sundays.We could get Dodds back as player and entertainments manager and then we could all carry a coffin up hamil road on the way to the national league at least he would be ok with that.

just heard him i think to make him happy next season we should get pope back as player manager with yates his assistant so they could still run sneyd on sundays.We could get Dodds back as player and entertainments manager and then we could all carry a coffin up hamil road on the way to the national league at least he would be ok with that.

Didn't know Doddsy did entertainment?

I just don't understand browns mentality. why does he persist in playing the same personnel in the same formation with the same system when it clearly does not work. Despite what he says about his hands being tied he has one of the largest squads in league 1, yet seems to have totally alienated players such as tavares, amoros, mbamba, shalaj and pereira. I'd take any of them over taylor and pugh any day of the week. Seriously, could the much maligned mbamba and shalaj offer any less on the wing than hooper or foley offer? At least we'd have some pace to get in behind. As for their crossing, would we be any worse off sending in daisy cutters at pace rather than trying to find a head all the time given how shocking we are in the air. A whipped low cross can go anywhere at this level.

Brown is clearly not the man.

Just got home after the game and wished I had not bothered. Awful match, every single player looked out of their depth, even Smith was muscled out. The most shameful thing was we never, ever close to scoring. Oxford only had two clear cut chances but they took them both. Mehmet's fumble cost the first goal but our defenders should have cleared.

We play far too much stuff through Ryan Taylor as if he is some kind of playmaker, which he isn't and never has been. Cecilia is not physical enough, neither is Eagles and no players made much effort for header, happy to watch them sail over us. I have seen bad Vale performances but honestly this makes the Glover era look like a golden age. At least we had RICO.

The most stark point can be found in the back of the team programme. We have a whole 11 players registered in our first team above that of Oxford. What a shocking waste of resources.

Ask a Coventry City fan. Ask a Blackburn fan. Ask an Altrincham fan. I'm not a Smurthwaite apologist but there is worse out there.

The sad thing is we dont have any say who takes over, better or worse isnt down to the fans... frighteningly the person who has that decision is the same person who made all the decisions to get us here.

We didnt pick smurf... we wont pick the next owner.

I too have given up on Browny for similar reasons. I don't doubt he's a decent bloke with good intentions who's trying his best but tactically he is so limited it's untrue. I posted before this game it was win or bust and demanded a different and attacking approach but he again selected the same team in the same formation. I'd love him to explain how he thought that would bring a different result. Three games to go and I can't see us scoring never mind winning. Barring a miracle it's back to L2 and I seriously fear us going straight through unless there's some major positive changes in the summer - and sensible ones not something out of Nutty Uncle Norman's Magic Box of Tricks.

We all know the football club is in a right mess from the top to the playing side.

Can anyone really see things changing next season in league 2 with Smurf at the club?

League 2 is an horrible league and you need a forward who will score 20 plus for starters to have a chance of going up and we don't have that at all and I doubt we will next season.

Then you need some fight something that we clearly don't have. Just take a look at this last few months when we needed some fight and bottle and we've had none whatsoever.

We might struggle next season even more than this season.

It's been an horrible horrible season and I'm losing interest very quickly and not sure if I'll go next season. This season as killed it for me.

Cheers Norman

We all know the football club is in a right mess from the top to the playing side.

Can anyone really see things changing next season in league 2 with Smurf at the club?

League 2 is an horrible league and you need a forward who will score 20 plus for starters to have a chance of going up and we don't have that at all and I doubt we will next season.

Then you need some fight something that we clearly don't have. Just take a look at this last few months when we needed some fight and bottle and we've had none whatsoever.

We might struggle next season even more than this season.

It's been an horrible horrible season and I'm losing interest very quickly and not sure if I'll go next season. This season as killed it for me.

Cheers Norman

Tbh i think im going move away from the area,hate to c the great name of PVFC being dragged through the dirt by this owner .

The players should have a long hard look at themselves also.

Have u done enough .

R u brave .

Did u deliver

We all know the answer No they havent .

As for Brown oh dear a warrior like u in charge of a bottlers football team ,the shame u should have got more out of them.

I aint seen a bloody shirt all season .

Half hearted ,inept ,scared ,limited players .

A manager who cannot motivate .

A manager who only plays one system a system which has got 0 goals in 4 games .

A system which gets us relegated back to the depths of English football .

Hope u proud of your efforts as the fans will be devastated .

Dark days again and Basil fawlty in charge with his masterplan which failed miserably as we got rid of the supposed dead wood .

The dead wood which didnt disgrace my great club .

How in the name of God could we possibly get anyone worse than Smurthwaite?!

You'd think so, wouldn't you? But, believe me, it can get much, much worse. I listened to the pre-match discussion on Sky today about Leyton Orient and how their current owner has simply run the club into the ground to the point where they are now subject to a winding up order. In 30 months, Francesco Becchetti has taken them from the verge of the play-offs in L1 to virtual oblivion. So, one of the leagues oldest clubs (founded in 1882) will soon be playing in the national league, if they're lucky.

https://www.theguardian.com/football/blog/2017/feb/10/leyton-orient-spiteful-owner-frnacesco-becchetti

In their case, an Italian waste-management magnate; in our case, perhaps a hedge fund or other dodgy outfit only out to milk the club for all its worth.

Yes, we desperately need a new owner but it matters a great deal who we get.

Archived