onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Players for next season

1977Valiant

Now these two midfielders i am only going on their current records so they could be ***** for all i know but again at League two level there is Graham Carey(although plymouth look like they will go up)he is 27 and Luke Berry at Cambridge he is 24 both appear to know where the net is from midfield

Advert

We need a new 'keeper so I would be trying sign Chris Neal again - offer them 50k of the Alnwick money and who knows they might accept it.

We need a midfielder with a good engine and an eye for goal so how about getting Billy Knott back? On loan at Lincoln and i can't see Gillingham keeping him if they go down.

Striker - always liked the look of Reuben Reid. Now at Exeter and still scoring goals. We had a job containing him in the fa cup a few years ago when I think he scored in the first game at Vale park.

Right-back - Jack Grimmer. Plenty of experience at our level with his loans for us and Shrewsbury and did well when he was here.

We need a new 'keeper so I would be trying sign Chris Neal again - offer them 50k of the Alnwick money and who knows they might accept it.

We need a midfielder with a good engine and an eye for goal so how about getting Billy Knott back? On loan at Lincoln and i can't see Gillingham keeping him if they go down.

Striker - always liked the look of Reuben Reid. Now at Exeter and still scoring goals. We had a job containing him in the fa cup a few years ago when I think he scored in the first game at Vale park.

Right-back - Jack Grimmer. Plenty of experience at our level with his loans for us and Shrewsbury and did well when he was here.

Hmmm,,,, you've confused me now, because normally I'd say it is not a good idea to go for former players, but some there and Tom Pope perhaps would be very welcome additions.

Hmmm,,,, you've confused me now, because normally I'd say it is not a good idea to go for former players, but some there and Tom Pope perhaps would be very welcome additions.

Yeah, Grimmer and Knott two of the best loan players we've had in the last few years and Chris Neal one of our best ever 'keepers.

I too would have Pope back but think he's still got another year left so probably the only chance we have of getting him back is if Bury go down!

The guy scoring for fun at Stevenage Matt Godden is out of contract in the summer,he is someone we would have more chance of getting imo or maybe one of the scorers out of the conference if they are out of contract.

On a side note and before anyone says i know its Leyton Orient but you have to try and get teams better players,i see they have clauses to say they are free agents if they go down,now i remember a winger at Colchester called Gavin Massey who was very tricky with a lot of pace and he is still around 24/25...maybe worth a go

I think Matty Godden is a good shout.

We are pretty much in agreement then, as I would have Dodds back as a good squad player, but not AJLS or McGivern. In fairness to AJLS though, he did his job and scored a fair number of goals for us last season, but if he'd stayed I don't think it would have been the same this time.

Duffy and Dickinson had some good points too, I wouldn't have them back but this season Dickinson could have provided the leadership our young but talented back 4 needed (Smith and Streete especially) to match their superb play - Bikey seems to be doing that now though so if we could keep him, then just maybe all will be well in defence.

I haven't seen Tavares more than 3 times. He may well settle better and contribute more, but the person who will make the decision about his contribution will be the manager, and if that is MB then I feel he wants as few 'foreign legion' as possible. I wouldn't be surprised if Knopps and Cecilia were the only ones left from Bruno's ex-pats at the start of next season.

Are Tavares and Amoros on appearance clauses because Brown doesn't play them even when he is desperate for players.

Both are better than Kelly but can't make the squad.

The guy scoring for fun at Stevenage Matt Godden is out of contract in the summer,he is someone we would have more chance of getting imo or maybe one of the scorers out of the conference if they are out of contract.

On a side note and before anyone says i know its Leyton Orient but you have to try and get teams better players,i see they have clauses to say they are free agents if they go down,now i remember a winger at Colchester called Gavin Massey who was very tricky with a lot of pace and he is still around 24/25...maybe worth a go

Good shout. I could see however bigger clubs being on his tail.

Sent from my iPod touch using the onevalefan mobile app

"We need a midfielder with a good engine and an eye for goal so how about getting Billy Knott back? On loan at Lincoln and i can't see Gillingham keeping him if they go down."

Knott was only a non-playing sub for Lincoln in the National League this week.

That's a good shout.

Archived