onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Players for next season

1977Valiant

Advert

For me the priority has to be 2 strikers with a decent goalscoring record even if thats in the lower leagues or conference,a midfielder who can get say 10 goals and a couple of wingers who can actually excite a crowd by taking a player on and whipping in a good cross,now where we get these from and how we pay is the problem

Boot

Streete

Smith

Knopps

Bikey

Kiko

Taylor

Gibbons

Pugh

Foley

De Freitas

Eagles

Reeves

Forrester

Hooper

Turner

16 I'd keep, 3 to loan out and 5 to sign (GK, two strikers, creative mid and right back)

Sent from my Moto G (4) using the onevalefan mobile app

Has Street signed a contract yet? If not you can cross him off the list.

Smith will most likely also be gone. Smurf will not be able to restist an offer for him. Smurf wants Money. Cross Smith off the list.

Forrester is injured more than fit. Not worth keeping.

Taylor Pugh and Eagles are too old to take the bashing from fast and brutal tackles from L2 opponents.

Bikey, Foley, Reeves, Turner, Defreitas,Perhaps, Gibbons may be helpful to the Vale in L2. Hooper might find L2 to be his level, but don't know if he'll ever be able to find the net.

There is approx 15 players in this squad that have the ability to play in league one and beyond. We need 3 or 4 players with pedigree and 2 or 3 loanees to have a decent league one squad. Right now were missing the star quality that will make this team shine.

Sorry Emile I'm struggling with that one. After Smith and Streete I can't think of another 13.

Sent from my iPad using the onevalefan mobile app

Out of that list I wouldn't be surprised to see Turner, Reeves and Gibbons go out on loan, which I guess are the 3 you mean.

I know they're under contract but personally I think Kiko and Defrietas need to go.

Knopps will be out for the majority of next season too.

Agree with that apart from DeFrietas who I think does have potential to be a good player at this level given a bit of time.

Sent from my iPad using the onevalefan mobile app

For me personally I would 100% keep all 3 of our home grown players gibbons turner reeves and play them not week in week out but regularly enough for them to grow.

Sent from my iPod touch using onevalefan

I agree in League 2,i actually expected Gibbons to be given a run instead of Purkiss and Taylor who have both been poor.

Looking at the positions in the team that need strengthening in the summer it looks like we will need a new team as i cant see one where we are strong,maybe CB if Streete and Bikey stay

Archived