onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Players for next season

1977Valiant

Advert

Let's assume that we stay in LG1, who from the current crop of players would you keep/re-sign?

With a decent pre-season behind them I'd keep/re-sign today's spine

Smith, Bikey, Knopps, Pugh, Foley, Eagles, Taylor & Cicilia (squad player).

From those who weren't in the squad or were on the bench today I'd keep Streete, Thomas, De-Fraitas, Ameros, Kiko

Then I would build a team around these players with a decent Keeper (Perhaps Chris Neal) and an half experienced Striker + keep Hooper.

I'd release the likes of Mbamba, Shalaj, Purkiss, Yates, Lloyd, Johnson, Kelly, Tavares, Tanser, Pereira, Forrester

Thoughts?

Keep the younger players in Reeves and gibbons too. I believe turner is under contract next season as well as forrester too. Some of the foreign lads are under contract as well, so getting rid of them may not be so easy.

Dodds had a clause in his contract that he could stay on the same wages but decided to leave.

Hope he enjoys L2 football next season sitting on the bench.

It really isn't relevant that he signed for a club that may get relegated. Are you really saying that he wouldn't have been a VERY valuable player to have in the Vale squad, especially in the last few weeks and bearing in mind that his wage is almost certain to be far less than Tavares or even Mbamba.

Do you think either of those 2, or Periera, Shapira, the missing QPR loanee or maybe a few others are better players than Dodds ?

It really isn't relevant that he signed for a club that may get relegated. Are you really saying that he wouldn't have been a VERY valuable player to have in the Vale squad, especially in the last few weeks and bearing in mind that his wage is almost certain to be far less than Tavares or even Mbamba.

Yes Dodds had one good game in five and never got his shorts dirty. He can't even get a game in a poor Shrewsbury team.

He wouldn't get a smell in Michael Browns team because of his poor fitness and work rate.

I can't understand You Dodds lovers he spent more time warming the bench than playing at Vale.

Dodds had a clause in his contract that he could stay on the same wages but decided to leave.

Hope he enjoys L2 football next season sitting on the bench.

Horror show comment from you. Loyal servant, under appreciated when here, and much missed. He didn't even celebrate a worldie against us.

I wouldn't mind his goals this year.

If I was him I'd have left, given the state the club was in... don't be so ungrateful

Yes Dodds had one good game in five and never got his shorts dirty. He can't even get a game in a poor Shrewsbury team.

He wouldn't get a smell in Michael Browns team because of his poor fitness and work rate.

I can't understand You Dodds lovers he spent more time warming the bench than playing at Vale.

You may not believe it, but I was never a big Dodds fan. He did have skill, and would produce an occasional great goal, and I disagree that MB would not have picked him over say, Billy Reeves starting recently, and no disrespect to a promising youngster of ours.

You didn't tell me if you think Pariera, Tavares and co are better, and also it is not true that he doesn't get picked at Shrewsbury. Whne fit he has nearly always been in the 16, if not starting.

Yes, he did go missing in far too many games, but also scored a few goals and none of Bruno's imports has scored a single goal from midfield I think you will find. 5 more Dodds goals if he had played for us in some games this season would have us in mid-table.

You may not believe it, but I was never a big Dodds fan. He did have skill, and would produce an occasional great goal, and I disagree that MB would not have picked him over say, Billy Reeves starting recently, and no disrespect to a promising youngster of ours.

You didn't tell me if you think Pariera, Tavares and co are better, and also it is not true that he doesn't get picked at Shrewsbury. Whne fit he has nearly always been in the 16, if not starting.

Yes, he did go missing in far too many games, but also scored a few goals and none of Bruno's imports has scored a single goal from midfield I think you will find. 5 more Dodds goals if he had played for us in some games this season would have us in mid-table.

Believe it or not I do think Tavares is a far better player than Dodds and really hasn't been given a fair chance by Michael Brown.Besides grafters you need flair players to distribute the ball. Tavares can also tackle which wasn't Dodds forte.

I'd have Dodds back if Shrewsbury need to get rid of a few players wages in league two. McGivern and AJLS have shown their level (pub football).

Seems like Bikey might be a welcome addition to the club and I really fancey Eagles to have a solid season next year should Brown stay on and get the best of him. Hope we can keep hold of Streete and Foley.

Mbamba, Tavares, Pereira and Forrester are already under contract for next season so it will be costly to release them.

You've got to believe that if the first three have anything about them, then they'll be looking for a new club in the summer. There's no future at the club for any of them.

You've got to believe that if the first three have anything about them, then they'll be looking for a new club in the summer. There's no future at the club for any of them.

I'd like to think we can do better than Forrester too. A 23 year old striker who can't stay fit and who can't score goals isn't really ideal for us.

Get rid of JT, will be on decent money and never fit, plays 2 games then has 6 weeks out! Can't afford to carry these types of players, even though he is great when he does get on the pitch.

I've seen him be "great" once this season, against Scunthorpe at home.

He's past it, as his "injury" record shows.

I'd like to think we can do better than Forrester too. A 23 year old striker who can't stay fit and who can't score goals isn't really ideal for us.

He showed glimpses of being a decent prospect back in August. I've yet to see anything since that makes me think he's the answer. Cicilia on Saturday put Forrester's recent performances in perspective. Cicilia may not be perfect, but he made Forrester look a right donkey on Saturday, injuries or not.

He showed glimpses of being a decent prospect back in August. I've yet to see anything since that makes me think he's the answer. Cicilia on Saturday put Forrester's recent performances in perspective. Cicilia may not be perfect, but he made Forrester look a right donkey on Saturday, injuries or not.

I don't think hes fit enough. I think there is a player in there somewhere but he would be a risk to keep.

Archived