onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Players for next season

1977Valiant

"We need a midfielder with a good engine and an eye for goal so how about getting Billy Knott back? On loan at Lincoln and i can't see Gillingham keeping him if they go down."

Knott was only a non-playing sub for Lincoln in the National League this week.

Based on his time here i agree, but he has clearly regressed, Bradford, Gillingham and now Lincolns bench ?

Advert

We need a new 'keeper so I would be trying sign Chris Neal again - offer them 50k of the Alnwick money and who knows they might accept it.

We need a midfielder with a good engine and an eye for goal so how about getting Billy Knott back? On loan at Lincoln and i can't see Gillingham keeping him if they go down.

Striker - always liked the look of Reuben Reid. Now at Exeter and still scoring goals. We had a job containing him in the fa cup a few years ago when I think he scored in the first game at Vale park.

Right-back - Jack Grimmer. Plenty of experience at our level with his loans for us and Shrewsbury and did well when he was here.

Chris Neal the s on a two year contract at Fleetwood but hasn't played since November.

Perhaps they will pay us 50k to take him back.

They got him on n a free transfer so probably would let him terminate his contract if they don't need him.

Gk-Chris Neal, Safest option really we know he will be decent in the goal

Midfielder-Hiram Boateng, Feel we need more of a defensive minded midfielder than an attacking one (like knot) so I would go with Boateng.

Striker-Leon Best, hasn't had the best season but in league 1 or 2 feel he would do the job

Note- most of these most likely wouldn't sign unless we stay up.

Sent from my iPod touch using onevalefan

Gk-Chris Neal, Safest option really we know he will be decent in the goal

Midfielder-Hiram Boateng, Feel we need more of a defensive minded midfielder than an attacking one (like knot) so I would go with Boateng.

Striker-Leon Best, hasn't had the best season but in league 1 or 2 feel he would do the job

Note- most of these most likely wouldn't sign unless we stay up.

Sent from my iPod touch using onevalefan

doubtful if norman would shell out their wages more like part timers out of the county league.

I thought there was uproar about how much we paid Tavares and Mbamba. Which is it then? We pay too little or too much? Seems unfair that people have a pop at both sides

Id be happy to see us pay the market rate for good players who had been scouted properly

Less happy to see us pay over the odds for poor ones

I thought there was uproar about how much we paid Tavares and Mbamba. Which is it then? We pay too little or too much? Seems unfair that people have a pop at both sides

Paying league 1 wages for non-league footballers is a recipe for failure as has amply been shown at PVFC this season.

Paying league 1 wages for non-league footballers is a recipe for failure as has amply been shown at PVFC this season.

I would hope that players are scouted properly and that we don't end up making players like 3rd division Leek Town level Mbamba one of our highest paid players.

As Chris Birchall said we have paid more this season for 2nd rate players than we were prepared to pay last season.

We have far too many players on short term deals and short term loans. Do these players really care if we get relegated as they won't be here next season?

I'd like to see us recruit players aged 22-26 with 50-100+ football league appearances under their belt and build a core that will grow with the team over the next few years.

Out of interest, since Glover left, who is doing our scouting? Is Darren Wrack still helping out? I feel we need to completely overhaul our scouting department as it's been terrible for years now. Where are the Brooker's/McPhee's/Cummins'/Bridge-Wilkinson's/Armstrong's?

Archived