onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Pereira 'hasnt trained great for a long while now'

Emile

I don't understand what brown is doing. He's just alienating players. If pereira thinks he's been giving 100% but brown dosent then way not talk to him. I think it's alarming how so many players have been pushed out of even training with the first team by brown.

I think it's a mess right now.

With the transfer restrictions I can't see why players should be removed completely from first-team training. We've already got some long-term injuries. If we get many more, we may need Pereira (regardless of what you think of his ability) because we simply haven't anyone else left.

I'm also somewhat concerned about the "free for all" on social media right now. There was Thomas's tweets and now Pereira's Instagram post - it's all getting a bit "Ryan Burge". I thought the club had social media guidelines.

After his recent comments, perhaps Brown shouldn't be having a pop at the fans' comments on social media, perhaps he should be stopping the players doing it? :wink:

Advert

I don't understand what brown is doing. He's just alienating players. If pereira thinks he's been giving 100% but brown dosent then way not talk to him. I think it's alarming how so many players have been pushed out of even training with the first team by brown.

Surely Brown will play what he considers his strongest team what does he gain by not doing so ?

I think it's a mess right now.

With the transfer restrictions I can't see why players should be removed completely from first-team training. We've already got some long-term injuries. If we get many more, we may need Pereira (regardless of what you think of his ability) because we simply haven't anyone else left.

I'm also somewhat concerned about the "free for all" on social media right now. There was Thomas's tweets and now Pereira's Instagram post - it's all getting a bit "Ryan Burge". I thought the club had social media guidelines.

After his recent comments, perhaps Brown shouldn't be having a pop at the fans' comments on social media, perhaps he should be stopping the players doing it? :wink:

Perhaps he should stop pubicly shaming his players and they wouldn't feel the need to defend themselves in the first place?

If they aren't good enough then that's where they should be,if Pereira thinks he's giving 100% and Brown doesn't then he trains with the reserves and if he still can't hack it then he's out, this is league 1 football not some bloddy video game.:innocent06:

1. Pereira has never looked remotely good enough. It's a sad fact but he hasn't pulled up any trees at all. I wish he had but I can't think of a single appearance in which he has affected the outcome of the game and we've all said he's had a blinder.

2. Brown should not criticise players in public.

3. We've had a squad of well over 40 players. Everyone can't train with the first team squad - only the 16-20 who are in contention for the weekend. That's normal.

4. There is no hidden agenda here as some are hinting at ie. anyone who Bruno signed has been ditched. Brown will play his best XI. He brought back Knops, has played DeF regularly and I'm sure is more than happy to give everyone a chance if they're good enough.

If they aren't good enough then that's where they should be,if Pereira thinks he's giving 100% and Brown doesn't then he trains with the reserves and if he still can't hack it then he's out, this is league 1 football not some bloddy video game.:innocent06:

It seems no coincidence that Brown is not playing the Bruno boys and seems to be alienating them by forcing them to train with the reserves.He really ought to be supporting them as with all these injuries he will probably need some of them before the end of the season. His signings like Tanser and Eagles are no better than the players he has already got and seem to be panic signings.How Kelly can get in the squad before these guys is a joke.

I don't understand why any manager would make first team pros train with the kids. Surely they should all have a fair crack in training to impress and get their name on that team sheet.

The fact that Pereira, Tavares etc. have been exiled surely suggests stubbornness on Browns part? For me, even if they're not in his mind now they should still be given the chance to prove their worth.

I liked the look of Tavares early in the season. His form dipped when it became apparent that the fitness of the whole squad was severely lacking. Brown has called that one for sure.

If he thinks that the foreign contingent do not have the required energy levels of present then why not put them on a mini pre season that is up his standards and then let them have a good chance at fighting for their place, instead of making them train with the youth team.

I have been behind Brown from the start but I do find this really bizarre.

1. Pereira has never looked remotely good enough. It's a sad fact but he hasn't pulled up any trees at all. I wish he had but I can't think of a single appearance in which he has affected the outcome of the game and we've all said he's had a blinder.

2. Brown should not criticise players in public.

3. We've had a squad of well over 40 players. Everyone can't train with the first team squad - only the 16-20 who are in contention for the weekend. That's normal.

4. There is no hidden agenda here as some are hinting at ie. anyone who Bruno signed has been ditched. Brown will play his best XI. He brought back Knops, has played DeF regularly and I'm sure is more than happy to give everyone a chance if they're good enough.

For your first point I remember one particular game (although I'm struggling to think who it was against) in which Pereira and Cicillia came off the bench and completely changed the game - including a Reg goal from a Pereira assist. However I'm not defending anyone or saying that certain individuals are the answer. Apart from that game I can't really remember even seeing Pereira - so I'm not really sure what he can even do!

Just got to trust MB's judgement - although hopefully that involves giving all players a fair chance.

Who said it's a video game?

As I've said. If that is the case then there are better ways of going about it.

We have to trust Brown's judgement, anyway we have no choice.

I suspect many of the Bruno signings were never going to make it and we're now at the stage where that is simply being confirmed. I can't see anything in Pireira's displays so far that make me think he has any potential at our level and I could say the same for Bambi and Jizzum, not to mention those who've already gone. Tavares can obviously play a bit but is slow and makes some costly mistakes and, I suspect, shares a mutual dislike with Brown. As for Amoros and Big Veg they may get there but they probably need to be a bit fitter and possibly show Browny more desire to get in the team. Going by Browny's playing career I'd think fitness, attitude and commitment were extremely important to him. Ask Jerome Thomas , who will hopefully be available tomorrow.

Well I remain a Reggie fan. Used properly he could be Drogba (attack the ball, head it away) at the back when defending free kicks and corners. He gives a dimension of height when used as a sub. When he starts, he would keep the centre halves occupied, which was needed against Peterborough. And, no matter how cumbersome he appears, he usually slots stuff that drops in the box.

Archived