onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Pereira 'hasnt trained great for a long while now'

Emile

They certainly did. And we were picking up many more points than we are at the moment.

True we did. Although some of those performances weren't convincing. But the drop off in personal performances started long before Bruno left.

The recent comments from Brown and Purkiss about the squads pre-sason makes me wonder if the training culture that Bruno and some of his signings are used to is totally different to ours. Maybe the new lads just aren't up to the intensity that English League One demands that Brown is used too and its finding them out?

I didnt say I know better than Brown, infact as the quotes above state, I said the opposite.

I took it from your opening post that there was an underlying hint that you disagreed with Brown and were questioning his judgement. If not I apologise.

Pereira hasn't stood out all season and I certainly can't recall him ever having an impact on a game, none whatsoever.

He isn't good enough. It's that simple. There's no conspiracy theory. It's a non discussion as far as I'm concerned. Unfortunately he's never been good enough to hold down a first team place.

At the risk of repeating myself again, I think it was a big mistake to bring in younger players from abroad in the hope that they would develop, this alongside the other younger players that we are devloping from our own ranks too. Its too many inexperienced players to carry in a squad IMO.

Advert

I've felt that Brown has been a model professional for his entire career so to accuse of unprofessionalism as a manager would be unfair without any proof.

I wouldn't be surprised to hear some of the players who Bruno brought over were in a bit of a sulk with the changeover. I think thats why we saw a few of them leave in Jan, they just didn't fancey their chances under Brown rightly or wrongly.

I think Brown was a little neieve with regards to Thomas and it could have been kept in house a little better but I do question their working relationship especially from the 'I came here to work for Bruno and Smith' - did he even know who they were?

I also believe Brown has been given a tough hand but is also underperforming on what is needed right now from him, rightly or wrongly.

I don't think it's any one thing. I think some signings are not up to it (whether that's skills or attitude doesn't really matter), the squad is unbalanced and the manager lacks experience. There's probably another half dozen things on top of those too.

I personally think there's a bit of managerial inexperience being shown from Brown - the Thomas and Pereira quotes are both things that could have been kept inhouse.

I also think it's bizarre that the Chairman was very public in the summer that Brown "wasn't ready" (I personally thought he could have been given the job for continuity reasons) and yet a few months later he was deemed ready to a) deal with a vital transfer window b) re-shape someone else's squad and c) guide us clear of relegation.

If he's been appointed in the summer (as I felt) he could have brought in his own players and had the chance to gain experience as the season progressed. If he didn't work out by Christmas there was still time to make a change.

But this move is illogical. He was being frozen out by Ribeiro and co so how has his experience suddenly improved in four or five months? Either he isn't experienced enough at all (in which case why no move for an experienced manager?) or he needed experienced help (such as someone coming in as director of football or a vastly experienced assistant).

Instead, he's basically been given no assistance and an incredibly tough job. As it's his first I'm not really surprised he is making mistakes though I still wonder how he would do if he was given a summer to recruit and get his own squad fit for the new season.

Surely the option brown should take is to tell pereira in private to up his game? If he hasn't then look to move him out. Amaros was good in the first team, working hard to play and brown puts himself on the bench ahead of him. Very strange.

To be fair to Brown he cant win,fans want reasons why certain players aren't being picked and when he says,they then say he should keep it behind closed doors.

My issue is with the nugget running the club,how can he expect players to take notice of someone who might not even be their manager

Because times change... football clubs like lots of other things need to evolve with the times.

My point is, we never had a right to know what goes on behind the scenes. We'd like to have that right maybe but we don't have it.

Moreover, even if we know why certain players are in or out of favour it doesn't /shouldn't affect the manager's thinking.

My point is, we never had a right to know what goes on behind the scenes. We'd like to have that right maybe but we don't have it.

Moreover, even if we know why certain players are in or out of favour it doesn't /shouldn't affect the manager's thinking.

No, there is no right but there is an expectation.

Then again we have no right for decent food/drink, programme, seats etc at a ground but there is an expectation that as fans we should get those things to a decent level.

So, I'm not saying the club should give unlimited access but it could improve the communications so fans who want more information can get it.

From Pereira's instagram;

Hello !

I hear a lot of things so I come to give you news ☺️

First of all, I'm not hurt

I practice every day and I give 100%, but it's been several weeks that, for no reason ...

, I'm far from the first team and I train with the reserve team! I will continue to give 100% of myself to the club Thank you for your support

It is a tough world, professional support. The important thing is to have a level playing field. If you are talented, fit, strong and when given the opportunity play well, then you stay in the team. I think at the moment the team has slid down the league. It is necessary to change urgently to arrest that, and a common response is to get some experienced players on the pitch. That has happened to some degree, although I am uncertain how the loan players brought in recently will go. They look talented, but don't fit with the experienced side of things. But most of all everyone needs to be striving in the same direction. It is not yet a hopeless situation. Some improvement, with a well drilled team, and people playing to their level, could see us move up the table again quite quickly. But keep making individual errors, show inexperience against teams who are settled and experienced and we will be in trouble to a degree we can't recover from. So Bristol, Saturday, is a very big game in my view. Need a united focus.

Archived