onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Pereira 'hasnt trained great for a long while now'

Emile

Advert

With the transfer restrictions I can't see why players should be removed completely from first-team training.

I think Brown has an idea about the size of the group he wants to work with on the training pitch and he has to cut a few accordingly. Coaching a group of 20 odd is probably better in terms of focus than a group of 30.

Again is he doing a Adams (later on in his stay at Vale) and not playing the best side, then saying he did. All because he fell out with the players. Hope not.

We need the squad playing for each other and not falling out with staff and each other.

How bigs the squad now? Anyone know? We must still be around 35 players. A couple of those are out on loan though for the season aren't they in Johnson and Lloyd.

My take on it, rightly or wrongly, is that if players are being made to train with the youth then that must mean that they aren't in the managers immediate plans.

Remember earlier in the season when Bruno said he'd cut the squad down to around 24 players for training sessions. Makes sense otherwise the group would be too big, plus you'd have too many players sitting out for the 11 a side games.

Pereira has sadly not been good in any game I've seen this season, so it's not surprising that he's been cast out. And in fairness to Brown with this interview he was specifically asked about Pereira and Amoros, he didn't go out of his way to criticise Pereira.

Also, I don't buy all this about Brown freezing out players just because they were brought in by Bruno. If that's the case, why are Knops and De Freitas involved on a regular basis? In my opinion Brown has judged the ability/fitness/attitude of the other players to not be up to standard, and apart from maybe Cicilia and Amoros, I'd have to agree with him.

Does Eagles have the required fitness to even be sat on the bench? Not from what I've seen.

Probably not, but we don't know the fitness of those being left out. At least Eagles offers experience if nothing else. Players not getting a look in such as Pereira, Shalaj and Mbamba are, unfortunately, simply not good enough

I agree fully, Paul.

Eagles has been awful - lacking fitness and unable to get past his man.

Unless he's improved his speed over 5 yards I wouldn't have him anywhere near the first XI. To date he's been absolutely dreadful. And that's putting it kindly!

For Christ's sake no wonder we struggle to get half decent players if they know they'll be completely written off by the fans after playing a grand total of 50 odd minutes over 4 appearances!

He seems about as effective as Patto. How the two of them have played in the premier league is beyond me. Eagles' cameo against Peterborough was one of the worst i've seen by a Vale player.

This is my point. I think I'd rather have Peirera on the bench over a waste of space like eagles. Don't understand why he was brought in in the first place.

Sent from my Moto G (4) using the onevalefan mobile app

Archived