onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Arsene Wenger

boslemportvale91

Advert

I think he'll go.

I can't get my head around the fact that he knows what a title winning team looks like but in recent years has never recruited the necessary physical presence in defence or at centre back that will allow his flair players to flourish. It seems very odd that his teams are completely unbalanced and now a soft touch.

That said his achievements are remarkable and I hope he is remembered as an outstanding manager who has tried hard to build attacking teams that have been a delight to watch. Thank you, Arsene.

I like Wenger, but i do think this will be his last season as manager. he hopefully wont leave Arsenal, but will move upstairs. Yes, hes one stubborn manager, but with all the players that have left Arseanl over the last 10 years or so, and yet he still manages to finish in the top 4 every single season.

His first 10 years at Arsenal, were simply unbelievable, and no other club while im alive will get the Gold Premier League trophy for going unbeaten all season. The last 10 years not as good, but with Chelsea and Man City spending billions to win tropheys, Arsenal unfortunately have been left behind a little, but that's not to say Arsene Wenger hasn't had the money to spend.

Some of the football he gets them playing can be the best in Europe on the day, but unfortunately they don't do it enough. He brought Thierry Henry over here, and to this day, i believe hes still the best player to play in the Premier league, and my all time best Arsenal player. Wenger has got to leave some time, and i do believe now is the right time for him to move upstairs.

Like him or hate him, Arsene Wenger changed the Prremier League and Arsenal football club for the good. Legend.

People think wenger has lost his touch in recent years. However, the truth is that he was just so ahead of the game when he first arrived with regard to tactics, player diet, training etc. When other teams started to apply his methods was when his impact lessened. He without a doubt transformed football in this country.

I can see why some Arsenal fans feel he ought to go - but I think they're a little short-sighted, and more than a little greedy! If you asked, probably, 86 sets of fans if they'd be happy with top 4 Prem League finishes; qualification for the European Champions League; home gates of 60k+ in a superb new stadium and regular Cup quarter- and semi-final appearances, and the odd Cup final win - pretty much every year, plus getting to see some of the best players in England play in your team, year after year, I thin they'd take that! Andyregs is right - he was very far ahead with the way he oversaw all aspects of the game. His only real faults were forgetting his legendary defence was ageing, and not bringing adequate replacements in; then not really replacing Viera or Fabregas, and staying loyal to a group of kids who failed to fulfil their massive potential. A great servant of the game, and his team, and the football his teams played - especially with Thierry and Co - was superb, for the most part. I know he's had his faults - but I would have loved him to manage the Vale!

What a problem for Gunner fans to have when the level of expectation is so high, finishing above the neighbours is guaranteed but Chelski and the odd Man team take the limelight nowadays. Whether they can get a share in the future who knows? No matter who they bring in will not guarantee that, although the financial burden of moving grounds is mostly behind them.

It's actually quite nice to see posters praising Wenger for what he's done for the game, always attempting to play in the right way in a very entertaining manner.

The issue here is that there can only be one champion each year and the top 4 throw so much money at it, via foreign owners, that it's unrealistic to expect your team to always come out on top. Man Utd fans expect success. City's owners spend money like water. Chelski also expect to win things. Let alone Liverpool and Spurs coming up on the rails. The competition now is so intense that at least 3/4 big spenders are going to be disappointed each season. That's where a measure of patience and understanding should come into it, but Arsenal are a great English football team with massive support and fans there are not prepared to accept second best, hence the unbelievable pressure on the bloke. But when he does bow out I hope he receives the accolades he deserves, tetchy though he can sometimes be. Look where MU are since Alex retired and be careful what you wish for.

Never replaced Viera. Absolutely astounding that a manager that revolutionised the club and the English game couldn't see his failings in the last ten years when everyone else could.

Had he signed a Makalele, Kante, Ballack, Yaya, even a wanyama, Arsenal would have been more successful.

Last night was an embarrassment.

I even fancy Sutton to turn them over. There is no heart or fight in that team whatsoever.

A great manager but he's stuck in the past and had his day at the very top.

Never replaced Viera. Absolutely astounding that a manager that revolutionised the club and the English game couldn't see his failings in the last ten years when everyone else could.

Had he signed a Makalele, Kante, Ballack, Yaya, even a wanyama, Arsenal would have been more successful.

Last night was an embarrassment.

I even fancy Sutton to turn them over. There is no heart or fight in that team whatsoever.

A great manager but he's stuck in the past and had his day at the very top.

Kante preferred Chelski

Kante preferred Chelski

Just an example.

There is probably 50 or more players in the last 10 years they could have replaced Viera with but chose not to.

Ultimately that's been his downfall.

No fight in the middle of the park and won't spend the money to improve it.

Hansen once said you can't win anything with kids. Proven that you can.

What you can't win is premier leagues or European silverware without players who do the dirty work.

Amazed a clever guy like Wenger has failed to grasp that.

I thought his team selection was odd. But I feel the Premier League effect is also present. Very competitive league, no Christmas rest, players running out of steam v German team who dominate the German league year after year and can approach the Champions League fresh every game.

Archived