onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Next manager - who would you choose?

1977Valiant

From the bookies list who would you choose?  

174 members have voted

1. 1. From the bookies list who would you choose?

• Michael Brown
    • Jimmy Floyd Hasselbaink
    • Mixu Paatelinen
    • Billy Davies
    • Kenny Jackett
    • Nigel Adkins
    • John Coleman
    • Steve Cotterill
    • Chris Powell
    • Gary Caudwell
    • Neil Aspin
    • Gareth Ainsworth
    • Keith Hill
    • Tony Mowbray

Advert

It's Michael Browns to lose put it that way. If we lose to MK and Bury and then he may be in trouble.

He's the cheap option and smurf will still be able to pull the strings with Brown.

So him and Brown will be happy.

Well the performances his team are putting in for him show a very real sign of him losing it.

JFH, Coleman or Rowett in my dreams!

There are several things that worry me about Brown.

1) He was involved as NS's go to person during the hunt that ended up with Bruno and his squad.

2) He definitely was behind the signing of Taylor and Patterson. Who are crap.

3) He recently defended Taylor because he had run the most.

4) He thinks that it is all about fitness, a few more laps around Hanley forest park and we'll be world beaters...?

5) He set up to hold Udders until the last 15 or so. So he says. First that is daft, second, then don't play Kelly for the first 65 or so.

Brown is too tainted with previous failure for me. All the best to the bloke, for sure.

I agree we haven't improved a great deal have we. The next two games are vital to Brown I feel. 4/6 points would ease the pressure slightly.

He really needs get to players in and out if he really wants the job.

MK are a funny side, you never know which side will turn up with them and they've got some firepower which could cause us big problems.

Whoever we choose I just really don't fancy smurf picking the man.

If Smurf decides to appoint the next manager from the leader of this poll and it goes pear shaped, who can we blame then ?

Don't think you get the point as to why he is to blame for the current debacle.

He had options in the summer. Let's say he had appointed Uwe Rosler, John Coleman, Keith Hill. Of course you would get the odd Vale fan saying they didn't want him or him but I guarantee the majority would have said good appointment. All have a certain pedigree for the club to succeed.

Had they then gone on and failed, I certainly wouldn't have been blaming the chairman. I doubt many would. Specifically Rosler I believe would have been the right appointment at the right time. I appreciate you can't get everything right though.

However, when you employ a guy with no managerial experience in England, with an awful managerial record abroad, walks out on clubs and gets sacked, has a scouting network of YouTube and it all goes drastically wrong, I think the person to blame should be the man at the helm who made a decision that most of us thought at the time was mad and has been proven so.

Bruno Ribeiros managerial record before he came to us was abysmal and borderline unemployable so the man who employed him should shoulder the lot.

Hasselbaink do me. He has that spark that will shake the cobwebs out of this club. Did fantastically well at Burton on a modest budget and will be hungry to prove his mettle after his QPR disappointment. A decision for is essential this week be it Brown or anyone else. We can't afford to arse around and give the next two games. If we do poorly in them and it's clear Brown won't be getting the job, the new manager will have sod all transfer window to improve the squad.

Hasselbaink do me. He has that spark that will shake the cobwebs out of this club. Did fantastically well at Burton on a modest budget and will be hungry to prove his mettle after his QPR disappointment. A decision for is essential this week be it Brown or anyone else. We can't afford to arse around and give the next two games. If we do poorly in them and it's clear Brown won't be getting the job, the new manager will have sod all transfer window to improve the squad.

My issue with JFH is that he walked into a superbly run club in Burton and carried moving that club forward by changing very little.

He then walked into a shambles of a club in QPR and certainly didn't shake out any cobwebs, as you put it. He failed miserably and his team were awful to watch.

So, ask yourself, are we a club that's superbly run or a bit of a shambles?

I very much doubt he would be successful here.

My issue with JFH is that he walked into a superbly run club in Burton and carried moving that club forward by changing very little.

He then walked into a shambles of a club in QPR and certainly didn't shake out any cobwebs, as you put it. He failed miserably and his team were awful to watch.

So, ask yourself, are we a club that's superbly run or a bit of a shambles?

I very much doubt he would be successful here.

It seems Ian Holloway is having the same problem at QPR?

I think brown will get the job, its the easy cheap decision.. Its his to lose basically.

I think there will be a bit more waffling and rumour before the tweet is made... which will look like smurf is attempting to make the difficult decision of whats best for Vale instead of his pocket.

I could be wrong of course, smurf could get rid of 20 players by paying them off, employ a competent manager and give him a budget to sign players on salaries above the national living wage rate... but in doing so he would increase the clubs sale asking price to 10M.... for an extra 5M he might just throw the ground in as well

Its all guess work

Whoever the manager is that what represented us sat and since the Millwall game is that what he has got work with ?

If so the future for Pvfc is very bleak and im a optimist who gradually being worn down by ineptitude on a large scale on what im witnessing .

Id go for Pearson but has has Smurf got deep pockets as we need possible 8 players .

Bad times again but even through bad timesu continue to fight i didnt c none of that sat.

Archived