onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Next manager - who would you choose?

1977Valiant

From the bookies list who would you choose?  

174 members have voted

1. 1. From the bookies list who would you choose?

• Michael Brown
    • Jimmy Floyd Hasselbaink
    • Mixu Paatelinen
    • Billy Davies
    • Kenny Jackett
    • Nigel Adkins
    • John Coleman
    • Steve Cotterill
    • Chris Powell
    • Gary Caudwell
    • Neil Aspin
    • Gareth Ainsworth
    • Keith Hill
    • Tony Mowbray

Clearly Brown will get the nod, for me a first 5 games of Chesterfield, Oldham, MK, Bury and Coventry ( League games ) is going to sway in his favour rightly or wrongly. Lets face it he could not of hand picked an easier start as remarkably they are all below us and struggling.

Any manager out of work is 90% down to the fact they failed in their previous job, Danny Wilson was an experienced old head and look where Chesterfield are .

Real hard one to call, my opinion is Jackett or Adkins, i am not impressed by Brown either on the pitch or in the media. As a previous poster mentioned his comments about hanging on for 65 to 70 minutes on Saturday were not the greatest were they. There was a bigger gap between Wycombe and Stourbridge than us and Hudd yet they gave it a right go.

Acceptance of a 0-0 at Oldham who have scored 12 in 23 games just smacks of points on the board to get himself the job, who can blame him though ?

Had his first 5 games been Scunny, Bradford, Posh etc i think we may well of being looking at a new manager as it is Brown will be appointed.

Advert

Don't think you get the point as to why he is to blame for the current debacle.

He had options in the summer. Let's say he had appointed Uwe Rosler, John Coleman, Keith Hill. Of course you would get the odd Vale fan saying they didn't want him or him but I guarantee the majority would have said good appointment. All have a certain pedigree for the club to succeed.

Had they then gone on and failed, I certainly wouldn't have been blaming the chairman.

I certainly get why the Chairman is being blamed for making such a daft appointment in the summer but the poll at the moment suggests Brown but a lot on here are saying that we need an experienced manager. If he finally appoints Brown and he fails, the majority on here will then blame the Chairman again for not appointing someone with experience but it seems from the poll that is what is wanted.

I certainly get why the Chairman is being blamed for making such a daft appointment in the summer but the poll at the moment suggests Brown but a lot on here are saying that we need an experienced manager. If he finally appoints Brown and he fails, the majority on here will then blame the Chairman again for not appointing someone with experience but it seems from the poll that is what is wanted.

The majority don't want brown 54 are going for other candidates and 16 for brown which suggests the majority don't want brown

I don't care who it is al long as he's given the tools to do the job.

As Ben says I too don't think it's a question of effort (though it might be with Grant sometimes now) but of ability and experience at this level. Brown also believes it's fitness.

The problem was we ditched too many decent pros in May and replaced them with a whole raft of inexperienced and younger players. In addition, some of our established lads haven't played that well this year (Purkiss and Grant), we've picked up injuries- and the rest is history.

But there is little or no quality in the midfield/forward areas of the pitch and that needs addressing.

The majority don't want brown 54 are going for other candidates and 16 for brown which suggests the majority don't want brown

I agree with your comment regarding 'the majority' but it is still nit-picking as Brown is clearly the favourite at the moment according to the poll

Whoever the manager is that what represented us sat and since the Millwall game is that what he has got work with ?

If so the future for Pvfc is very bleak and im a optimist who gradually being worn down by ineptitude on a large scale on what im witnessing .

Id go for Pearson but has has Smurf got deep pockets as we need possible 8 players .

Bad times again but even through bad timesu continue to fight i didnt c none of that sat.

Pearson and Smurf combo,now that would be an explosive mix !!!

Sent from my LG-V400 using Tapatalk

I think Smurf should push the boat out, and pay compo, for hill or Colman, if he is unprepared to do that, then give the job to Brown, and appoint a hard headed Director of football, to guide Brown through a successful manergerial career, may I suggest Micky Brown for starters.

If it means any money available is for player recruitment then we have to say Brown should be given the opportunity to at least see this season out. He could get in his choice of player and dump those he knows are surplus to requirements. We need not then spend available funds on securing an experienced new manager.

However my confidence in Brown keeping us in Division 1 is not high, and I remain to be convinced on his long term tenure.

If however Smurf wants a new man in and will give him the funds required to get players needed then he has to do this this week so as to have the time required to get stuck into the January market.

My issue with JFH is that he walked into a superbly run club in Burton and carried moving that club forward by changing very little.

He then walked into a shambles of a club in QPR and certainly didn't shake out any cobwebs, as you put it. He failed miserably and his team were awful to watch.

So, ask yourself, are we a club that's superbly run or a bit of a shambles?

I very much doubt he would be successful here.

Agree with that. JFH simply carried on the good work done by Rowett.

Both Rowett and JFH ended up in the Championship. Rowett succeeded, JFH failed. Speculation, I know, but I have a feeling Rowett would have succeeded at QPR and JFH would have failed at Birmingham.

Archived