onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Is Smurf all talk no action ?

Gareths54

Yet again after another shocking away performance Smurf was apparently fuming at the end of the game and was quoted as saying "Toast" to the radio Stoke reporters,this was similar actions to the Exeter defeat where he told supporters on the coaches he was sacking Page next morning and then failed to follow up his words with action. At the time he used the excuse that he was misquoted and then came up with a different version later on when Page left.

What excuse are we going to be told this time ? And will he follow up his comments with Action before it's too late ??

Advert

You should know by now to take a large proportion of what he says with a pinch of salt.

And if he was fuming on Saturday, I'm not surprised. If I'd travelled for this one, I'd have been really anoyed. I can take (and half-expected) hammerings at Sheff United, Bolton and Charlton, but 4-0 at poxy Wimbledon is surely the lowest point of the season so far.

Despite all that, I'm not sure what a sacking this side of Christmas would achieve other than hand a ready-made excuse to the players that they were "disrupted/shocked/unsure of the future" should we suffer a you-know-what at home to Walsall.

My gut instinct is to give Bruno until Oldham. Fail to win there and we're in bother.

I like him in that he wears his heart on his sleeve, states what's on his mind rightly or wrongly and clearly has some affection for the club.

But what he knows about football, and running a successful football club, you could write on the back of a postage stamp twice over.

You should know by now to take a large proportion of what he says with a pinch of salt.

And if he was fuming on Saturday, I'm not surprised. If I'd travelled for this one, I'd have been really anoyed. I can take (and half-expected) hammerings at Sheff United, Bolton and Charlton, but 4-0 at poxy Wimbledon is surely the lowest point of the season so far.

Despite all that, I'm not sure what a sacking this side of Christmas would achieve other than hand a ready-made excuse to the players that they were "disrupted/shocked/unsure of the future" should we suffer a you-know-what at home to Walsall.

My gut instinct is to give Bruno until Oldham. Fail to win there and we're in bother.

If a match has ever had 0-0 written all over it, it's our trip to Boundary Park on Jan 2nd.

He's probably realised that if he sacks him the severance payout will mean him losing out on the deal and advice we all know, NORMAN had never lost out on a deal yet 

There's a Christmas 2016 early get out clause isn't there?

We aint bottom but if the last two performances defensively continue then its a giver that we will be by seasons end .

It hasnt worked and before a ball was kicked i felt deep down that this season wouldnt be good .

Smurf need takes action its as simple as that ,we r falling big style conceding terrible sunday league goals .

As a Vale fan of course i wanted it to be a success and there were signs early season that we would be top ten ,now we look a basement side because players aint doing there jobs properly and the manager is stuck in his ways of not changing it till we r nearly out of the game .

We have showed character in home games but away we r a shambles ,the results and performances r so abysmal ,he is the manager if he cannot motivate the players then get someone in who can.

Yet we wiped the floor with top of the league Scunthorpe .

What the hell has gone on,its too late now the foreign experiment has failed ?the players r totally a waste of space away and at home they only play for about 20 mins .

A good side protects there goalkeeper ours is so overworked its ridiculous ,Smith and Streete r going backwards u dont concede 7 goals in two games if your centre halves r dominant so they be split up put Smith at Right back ( where he played for Torquay and bring Knopps in centre half with Streete ,left back is a big problem u cant play Kiko there he is getting targeted as the weak link so who the hell do u play there i suggest Purkiss .

Sort it out Smurf this cannot continue

Archived