onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Is Smurf all talk no action ?

Gareths54

Plan B is to recruit quality players from the leagues above? Why wasn't that Plan A?!

To say we "have the fanbase of a midtable League Two team" is a joke. Why does it always boil down to attendances with him? Rochdale, Fleetwood, Southend and Wimbledon seem to be doing just fine on smaller/similar gates.

I will wait with bated breath to see who these players are that may or may not come in.

But again, regardless of Smurf/Bruno, I shall be supporting the team come kick off!

Advert

Why do fans bring the chairman in to it ,doesnt he pay the players wages and managers wages .

My managers where i work just say this is what we expect of u and if u have any pride in what u do u do it to the best of your ability .

Im no fan of the chairman but neither am i a hater of him ,his job is to get his staff doing there job well conceding lots of goals and losing lots of games is not doing your job well .

The blame is completely with the players once they cross that white line and r chosen .

The manager has chosen them and he is held accountable for that and the terrible system he plays with zonal marking and little guys who cant defend and havent the guts to defend .

Lets c if they the ingredients to be bothered by my views of them ,if not then please gladly be rid of the bottlers who r destroying the name of Port Vale with there efforts or lack of efforts .

I don't think the players can be accused of being bottlers, the problem is most simply aren't good or strong enough for this level. They can't be blamed for not being good enough - the manager signed them and continues to select them.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

It was a reasonable interview and the best way to go forward from here. Bruno gets a further chance in January to get the right formula and so he should.

Vale won't be troubling the top teams, a mid table finish would be acceptable and give the Chairman the chance to decide if Bruno is the man to take charge next season.

The home form has been decent, Bruno's remit is to replicate that away. It's certainly a clear enough brief.

It was a reasonable interview and the best way to go forward from here. Bruno gets a further chance in January to get the right formula and so he should.

Vale won't be troubling the top teams, a mid table finish would be acceptable and give the Chairman the chance to decide if Bruno is the man to take charge next season.

The home form has been decent, Bruno's remit is to replicate that away. It's certainly a clear enough brief.

I will be happy with 5th from bottom at the moment.

So the plan is not to judge Bruno by results but to see if we can get one or two players on loan from his mates. Just suppose he succeeds and we continue our slide down the league. What then?

Not good enough, I'm afraid - it needs spelling out to Bruno, his staff and the team - continue to perform as we are at the moment and there will be a few early departures. We're running out of games, Norman, and if it isn't turned around soon, it will be too late, no matter what you do.

Is this really Plan B? How is that supposed to work?

I don't understand the logic of this. Did we appoint Bruno beause he was the best man for the job or because he had interesting mates? So if his mates hand us a couple of players he can stay but if they don't he can't? Surely his continuation in the job should be dependent on the team's performance, not who his mates are?

So the plan is not to judge Bruno by results but to see if we can get one or two players on loan from his mates. Just suppose he succeeds and we continue our slide down the league. What then?

Not good enough, I'm afraid - it needs spelling out to Bruno, his staff and the team - continue to perform as we are at the moment and there will be a few early departures. We're running out of games, Norman, and if it isn't turned around soon, it will be too late, no matter what you do.

Is this really Plan B? How is that supposed to work?

With half the season left and a strengthened team, Bruno has to perform otherwise he will be gone, Norman appears confident. Injured players returning should see a return to previous home form, but we will need 50 pts early April, anything more ambitious will depend upon the quality of the loans.

I don't understand the logic of this. Did we appoint Bruno beause he was the best man for the job or because he had interesting mates? So if his mates hand us a couple of players he can stay but if they don't he can't? Surely his continuation in the job should be dependent on the team's performance, not who his mates are?
Norman bought the package, which as I see it was to give Bruno an opportunity of managing in England notwithstanding his CV, the carrot being a supply of quality loan players which we do not normally have access to, with a probation period of 6 months. Norman`s insurance is Brown for continuity/successor.

As a squad like the Vale is at present no manager could afford to lose the five most experienced to injury/suspension (brown,purkiss,foley,grant,Thomas so we should have some sympathy for Bruno but for being poor tactically he has to take all the blame.

Way to much joined up thinking in those questions... ask me another on thermo nuclear dynamics

Since every other thread is a passive/ aggressive swipe at the chairman, can we not condense them?

Some fans, and when I say fans I mean ******* idiots, still have their feelings hurt by some of Smurf's past PR gaffs and simply won't get over it. Get over it, it's pathetic- especially as he's bankrolling us. If I was him I'd have ****** the club off ages ago because of the constant ******* bleating by some

Since every other thread is a passive/ aggressive swipe at the chairman, can we not condense them?

Some fans, and when I say fans I mean ******* idiots, still have their feelings hurt by some of Smurf's past PR gaffs and simply won't get over it. Get over it, it's pathetic- especially as he's bankrolling us. If I was him I'd have ****** the club off ages ago because of the constant ******* bleating by some

Spot on,that's it in a nutshell.

Archived